Looper

Bulldog50

Inspired
I can use the looper that's built in to the AXE, but I always have to adjust the trim (Start and Stop), in AXE Edit, so there are not gaps in the beat when starting and stopping. It a bit of a pain. Would buying the FC (6 or 8) make it easier for starting and stopping the loop so its on the beat? I know that would be an expensive looper, but I know the Foot Controller can be used for a ton of other things. Any tips on adjusting the built in looper on the AXE itself, other than what I mentioned? Thanks!

If all you're looking to do is control basic looper functions, you could get a Boss FS6 or FS7. Under Midi/Remote on the AxeFx is where you can setup the looper control

Make sure the buttons you're using for Record and Stop/Play do not have a Hold function assigned. Otherwise you're timing is always going to be off due to the delay built in hold detection.

Make sure the buttons you're using for Record and Stop/Play do not have a Hold function assigned. Otherwise you're timing is always going to be off due to the delay built in hold detection.
Thanks for the reply. I don't even see the option for a Hold Function. Suffice it to say, my settings are the default for the Looper on the AXE FX III.

Attachments

• Looper.JPG
    Looper.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 19
Thanks for the reply. I don't even see the option for a Hold Function. Suffice it to say, my settings are the default for the Looper on the AXE FX III.
That's the Looper block. You need to look at the Footswitch config... That will be in the Layout you are using for Looper control.

That's the Looper block. You need to look at the Footswitch config... That will be in the Layout you are using for Looper control.
OK. I don't have a footswitch. I use the looper directly from AXE EDIT. I've been thinking about getting an FC-6 or 12. I do have a Fractal Wah pedal. but no footswitch.

OK. I don't have a footswitch. I use the looper directly from AXE EDIT. I've been thinking about getting an FC-6 or 12. I do have a Fractal Wah pedal. but no footswitch.
Ah... Sorry, I guess I was originally thinking you had an FM3 not an Axe Fx III.

You could use some external switches as mentioned above. It would definitely improve timing vs Axe-Edit.

Ah... Sorry, I guess I was originally thinking you had an FM3 not an Axe Fx III.

You could use some external switches as mentioned above. It would definitely improve timing vs Axe-Edit.
Yeah, I think I am going to break down and get the FC-6. Between that, and the AXE !!! and the expression pedal I guess I will be all set. Now if I could just learn to play a little better! :)

The are loopers out there that analyze music that they get from a mic or an aux input and they sync the loop you played with that external signal. AFAIK even when your band is slowing/speeding some keep your loop on that beat.
There is no trick known to make the axe-fx do the same?

Yeah, I think I am going to break down and get the FC-6. Between that, and the AXE !!! and the expression pedal I guess I will be all set. Now if I could just learn to play a little better! :)
If you’re seriously using the Looper block you may wish to consider an FC12, as the Looper will eat half the buttons — and I’m 99.99% sure you’ll wish you had more buttons for “AFX” switching (esp. when Fractal grants my wish for a multi-loop “SuperLooper” block...).

If you’re seriously using the Looper block you may wish to consider an FC12, as the Looper will eat half the buttons — and I’m 99.99% sure you’ll wish you had more buttons for “AFX” switching (esp. when Fractal grants my wish for a multi-loop “SuperLooper” block...).
But there are multiple layouts... And most people don't use more than Record, Play and Stop.

Although I do have an FC-12 ;)

An addtional $200 for double the number of buttons to control the most sophisticated guitar/FX processor in the world?
Seems like a no-brainer to me, assuming one isn't worried about the size of the footprint (to perhaps fit an existing pedalboard).

But there are multiple layouts... And most people don't use more than Record, Play and Stop.

Although I do have an FC-12 ;)

Record, play, stop, undo, a tap tempo button, maybe one for the tuner, that's 6 right there without adding scenes or effect switching. Of course you can do things like make play/stop one button, or have the tap tempo button activate the tuner when held, but even with these tricks one can quickly run out of buttons on the FC-12. With the FC-6 you are going to have to be very judicious.

Record, play, stop, undo, a tap tempo button, maybe one for the tuner, that's 6 right there without adding scenes or effect switching. Of course you can do things like make play/stop one button, or have the tap tempo button activate the tuner when held, but even with these tricks one can quickly run out of buttons on the FC-12. With the FC-6 you are going to have to be very judicious.
You don't need all of those on the same layout. There are 8 available to choose and use on demand.

You can easily have a Looper layout have all the functions needed for Looper use.

Edit:

To be clear, my previous post was just about the Looper functions not others.

Back
Top Bottom