FM3 Status Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the longer IR ?......I have seen comments from some Preset developers that their presets sound different on FM3 to AX3.
Is the longer IR even perceivable to normal users ?

What about the longer IR ?......I have seen comments from some Preset developers that their presets sound different on FM3 to AX3.
Is the longer IR even perceivable to normal users ?
I think that depends on the specific IR:
If the IR contains some more "room information" (later reflections), then longer IRs might sound different.
For most cab IRs it is just about the direct sound of the speaker to the microphone (200-500 ms), so there is probably no difference at all... I think.
Please correct me if I am wrong, I am interested in that kid of stuff and like to learn more about it.

Say you have purchased 3rd party IR's........like many do in the ecosystem.
When it is currently imported to FM3....is it truncated ? If so how much is lost ? and does that even matter ? also looking to learn :)

Say you have purchased 3rd party IR's........like many do in the ecosystem.
When it is currently imported to FM3....is it truncated ? If so how much is lost ? and does that even matter ? also looking to learn :)
Currently I am taking IRs of my cab.
Next weekend, I could just for fun (and maybe for education purpose) take some "long" IRs.
The room is not ideal, so the IR length could actually make a difference (in a bad way).
I could take some "long" IRs to compare vs. the truncated versions. At least that could show how much is lost.
Since the FM 3 dos not support that long IRs, they would have to be loaded via DAW and external VST plugin.
Is that a waste of time or cool idea (please be honest)?

It's been awhile without a "Firmware Friday" for the FM3, so here's an update. We were set to release 1.07 with USB fixes and but wanted to also port some Axe-Fx features to the FM3. As we sync up these products, we've also been taking the time to work on a set of general performance improvements. (Cliff is involved, and even the Axe-Fx III is picking up some fringe benefits). This effort will not only address specific bug reports, but pave the way for future progress.

I will provide another status update again in 1-2 weeks. I'm confident as always that you will be rewarded for your patience.
Sounds GOOD. Thanks for the info, didn't doubt for a second that things are going on, still it is good to read it.

"Since the FM 3 dos not support that long IRs, they would have to be loaded via DAW and external VST plugin"

How do you do this ?

"Since the FM 3 dos not support that long IRs, they would have to be loaded via DAW and external VST plugin"

How do you do this ?
My understanding is that his audio path goes external for the CAB, like an external effects loop but as a VST in DAW

I guess we are about 10 days in ? :)

Ya I suspect we will get a status update this week By Matt maybe Thurs , Fri , my gut says they will work on this one a bit more , I am thinking towards end of month , but thats fine if it stable and brings a bunch of new toys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom