FM3 Now Shipping

The day has finally come!!!

Waitlist: May 17, 2020
Invite: November 2, 2020

Ordered immediately! Might have to have a shot of Jagermeister tonight to celebrate!

I submitted the waitlist request on Jul 20, oh man, it's moving really quickly. Soooooo anxious, can't wait!

Quick question: Will the FM3 work with the Behringer FCB 1010?

I submitted the waitlist request on Jul 20, oh man, it's moving really quickly. Soooooo anxious, can't wait!

Quick question: Will the FM3 work with the Behringer FCB 1010?

I wasn't going to use mine, but I just started setting it up. The weird thing is that I have the Eurekaprom installed in by FCB (I used to use it with my Elevenrack) and it didn't work right away with the FM3 (I had changed the configuration to the Fractal setting). I stumbled across a thread that explained that the CCs aren't set up right with the new products initially. I got the Scenes to work, so just need to go through the rest of it.

Check out this thread for more details: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/eurkeasound-fcb1010-issue-axe-iii.159821/#post-1912883

It looks like 1 month of waitlist has gotten invites in the last 11 days. Optimistic that I will get my invite for my Sept waitlist date by mid December, which is fine.

Are most people on the FM3 waitlist getting a Fractal unit for the 1st time or upgrading from AX8 or AXE-II/IIXL?

It looks like 1 month of waitlist has gotten invites in the last 11 days. Optimistic that I will get my invite for my Sept waitlist date by mid December, which is fine.

Are most people on the FM3 waitlist getting a Fractal unit for the 1st time or upgrading from AX8 or AXE-II/IIXL?

I had an AX8 for about a year & sold it over a year ago. I just didn't like the the UI. I've had my FM3 for 24hrs and am just exploring presets, but I would say it's much improved over the AX8. (IMO)

I had an AX8 for about a year & sold it over a year ago. I just didn't like the the UI. I've had my FM3 for 24hrs and am just exploring presets, but I would say it's much improved over the AX8. (IMO)
The device UI? I would say >98% of the editing I have done on the AX8 is via AX8 Edit. Yes, the UI is not easy, but not prohibitive (IMO) if controlled via USB for editing.

The other guitarist in my band just purchased the Headrush because of ease of the UI. I just can't understand why someone wouldn't use their computer to design patches instead of the built-in UI...

The device UI? I would say >98% of the editing I have done on the AX8 is via AX8 Edit. Yes, the UI is not easy, but not prohibitive (IMO) if controlled via USB for editing.

The other guitarist in my band just purchased the Headrush because of ease of the UI. I just can't understand why someone wouldn't use their computer to design patches instead of the built-in UI...

I was using my computer. Just not very computer savvy. I took more time reading up on the FM3 and watching tutorials while I was on the waitlist. I feel much more comfortable now.

First time. Long time Helix user, and still have and will keep HX stomp after getting an FM3. I've been interested for a while, but this is the first Fractal device that comes in at a price I'm comfortable spending as a home hobby guitarist. Would love an Axe FX III, but just way too expensive for someone that doesn't gig or record.

I have an AX-8, which I LOVE so I'm not sure that I would want to sell it immediately, will have to see if it adds value to my setup alongside FM3.

Back
Top Bottom