Shadows Presets

StratnVox

Inspired
I invite anyone interested in Shadows and/or Hank Marvin music to download the "Shadows Presets for AxeFx III" zip file.

The contents of the zip file include a README.pdf (please do read), 40 preset files and a spreadsheet in 3 formats listing 230 Shadows tunes for which backing track are available and the preset to use. There a number of less popular backing tracks for which I have not created a preset. Please communicate if you wish to have one created for those.

Please note that these presets require Axe-Fx III with Firmware 6.01 or later and are an update of the AxeChange presets found under my name.

As per my readme file, please download and install FAS Far Field Session_2 IR's www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/misc/Far_Field_Session_2.zip and load "1x12 AC20 Far-Field B15" into User Slot #264 before loading these presets in bulk.

As of UTC 3:45am 28th June 2019, this file has been updated to correct most presets. The changes include unlinking of a Global Input block and levelling of outputs for each block. If you find the preset requires gain adjustment, please change the level of the last COMP block on the right (just before the OUTPUT block).

Shadows Presets for AxeFx III

Please enjoy and as always feedback is great.

Last edited:
Only had a chance to play around with the Sleepwalk preset. The AMP block's level is way high -- +5.0 dB clips the output on my AFIII pretty easily when I use my Silver Sky with this preset. -10 dB gets me closer to the level peaking at 0 dB on the OUT1 meter in the grid which is where I usually try to level my presets.

I really like the overall tone though. It's very retro and my lousy rendition of Sleepwalk sounds pretty authentic through it! The delay/reverb is really dialed in for a very sweet drip.

Edit: Just loaded Apache and the IN1 block says it's still linked to the global settings in your unit. I, obviously, don't have those global settings to the IN1 block is muted in the preset for me. You can unlink globals when you export the presets in Axe-Edit III (I think...). Might be others that have this problem.

Only had a chance to play around with the Sleepwalk preset. The AMP block's level is way high -- +5.0 dB clips the output on my AFIII pretty easily when I use my Silver Sky with this preset. -10 dB gets me closer to the level peaking at 0 dB on the OUT1 meter in the grid which is where I usually try to level my presets.

I really like the overall tone though. It's very retro and my lousy rendition of Sleepwalk sounds pretty authentic through it! The delay/reverb is really dialed in for a very sweet drip.

Edit: Just loaded Apache and the IN1 block says it's still linked to the global settings in your unit. I, obviously, don't have those global settings to the IN1 block is muted in the preset for me. You can unlink globals when you export the presets in Axe-Edit III (I think...). Might be others that have this problem.
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your feedback.
I guess all my presets might have the same problem as Sleepwalk and Apache so I'll go through them all to make them more palatable (normalised). Much appreciate you bringing forth the problem. Thanks for the delay/reverb compliment!
Trevor

Last edited:
Hello Trevor
What good news. Thank you for sharing.
I will try your new presets, but they will probably be excellent, as always.
I will come back after trying
MicPop

Thank you for sharing this collection. There is a lot of work there, and with the information at the pdf.

They sound great playing a Shecter Nick Johnston with Seymour Duncan Antiquity Texas Hot. Sometimes rolling down the tone pot to 8

I like the trick of the envelope follower at the filter on preset C07 Sacha - Acoustic.

And it is good to see that you are also using the preamp at the CAB block in HQ mode. That is the first thing I add to all my presets. Sometimes I also add the Drive Tape between the AMP and the CAB blocks, or after the CAB, to give a subtle "magnetic" push

Last edited:
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your feedback.
I guess all my presets might have the same problem as Sleepwalk and Apache so I'll go through them all to make them more palatable (normalised). Much appreciate you bringing forth the problem. Thanks for the delay/reverb compliment!
Trevor
Have you fixed these issues before I load the preset up?

Back
Top Bottom