FM3 Slipknot Jim Root tones - Citrus RV50

Antonis

In this video I am demoing 5 different Orange Rockerverb scenes that are supposed to sound like Slipknot's Jim Root.

Even though the goal of the video was to sound like Slipknot, my personal taste certainly did affect their design.

Constructive feedback or even just your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Would love to hear these in a mix! They sound pretty close to his tone but they're pretty dark and bass heavy. Those might get real muddy once you put in other instruments. But the vibe is there!

Would love to hear these in a mix! They sound pretty close to his tone but they're pretty dark and bass heavy. Those might get real muddy once you put in other instruments. But the vibe is there!
I generally don't like low and high cutting solo guitar sounds. If the guitar is solo then I wanna be able to feel the rumble and hear the sizzle. It's another story when it's in a mix

I generally don't like low and high cutting solo guitar sounds. If the guitar is solo then I wanna be able to feel the rumble and hear the sizzle. It's another story when it's in a mix
Oh ya, I totally hear you on that. In that case, they sound like they would be great to jam with!

Back
Top Bottom