Accessories New Screen Protection system for FM3... coming soon!

Third-party commercial accessories for Fractal Audio products

ZenRigs Man

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hello folks! Hope you're all healthy.

Well, I've been working on a design for something for a bit. I've always been of the mindset that I'd never sell anything I wouldn't want and use for myself, and that's exactly why I've created this approach to protecting the displays on the FM3 and FC controllers, while being able to add a little elegant graphic splash to them, whether it's just for a little added colour or to help identify controllers in multi-controller setups.

All magnetic (magnets are not visible) and absolute minimal glare through careful design and material choice based on my KickTags system keeps the elegant look of the FM3 and won’t blind you with reflections under stage lighting.

Still tweaking on these a little bit, but nearly there. Coming soon from ZenRigs :)

FM3 Teaser.jpg

Last edited:
I still haven't taken the protectors off my FM3. Had it a little over a month now. But yeah, screen protectors would be great if cut to the sizes of all the screens. I am in for this! 👍

What material is being used for the film? It won't be a permanent stick like some of the cell phone options right? Will it be easy to remove and replace without marking or leaving residue on the original screen?

I still haven't taken the protectors off my FM3. Had it a little over a month now. But yeah, screen protectors would be great if cut to the sizes of all the screens. I am in for this! 👍

What material is being used for the film? It won't be a permanent stick like some of the cell phone options right? Will it be easy to remove and replace without marking or leaving residue on the original screen?

All magnetic, solid laser-cut acrylic pieces. It's a multi-part approach, pretty much like the KickTags labelling system I designed for the MFC, AX8 etc.

More pics and details as I finalise things over the next week or so :)

This is good news. I was gonna order some from the guy in the US, but seeing as though you're in the good old North of Blighty I'll be ordering from your goodself when it's announced

Having one from the other vendor, and knowing how great Sukh is at pretty much everything hes designed...ill prob be ordering one as well.

I'm 100% onboard as well. Everything Sukh does is pretty awesome. Also, he seems to have some kind of magic radar to locate dodgy late-night kebab in London suburbs.

Attachments

• sukh.jpg
    sukh.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 87
Oh, so it's more than just a piece of acrylic, then I'm interested. That EVH stripped design over the footswitches looks cool AF. 🤟

yep, multi part and using matt black acrylic surrounds to hold the protectors in place. Even the clear acrylic pieces over the displays have areas coated in black vinyl, as I wanted absolutely the minimum amount of glare possible.

I’ve tried (and prototyped) several designs, including one that was a single piece of plexiglass, but the main problem with that is that it reflects light like crazy, so would be completely impractical for me under stage lighting. As I always design primarily based on what I would want if I was buying a product (selfish bugger, I know), I decided against it and went with a KickTags approach, which has worked out fab.

The graphic bar is something I really wanted to do, as I’m so used to my KickTags and having SOME sort of colour on the board. Its subtle bling so as not to take away from the look of the controller - again, as it’s what I wanted for my own board (Again, selfish sod!)

More pics and details as I finalise stuff over the week.

Cheers! Sukh

Looking forward to this! I was going to order from the other vendor in the US too, but with you being based in the UK I'll wait and avoid the whole nightmare of the shipping.

Also if I'm not asking too much, any word or test on shatter protection against falling objects? Honestly, that's my biggest concern and the main reason I want a solid screen protector...

I know I can buy a tablet screen protector film and forget about scratches, but the thought of a falling mic stand/beer bottle/slide/keychain/coins/whatever and shattering the screen is just unbearable, LOL.

Also if I'm not asking too much, any word or test on shatter protection against falling objects? Honestly, that's my biggest concern and the main reason I want a solid screen protector...

I know I can buy a tablet screen protector film and forget about scratches, but the thought of a falling mic stand/beer bottle/slide/keychain/coins/whatever and shattering the screen is just unbearable, LOL.

Hello! All the parts are made of 3mm acrylic (clear and satin black), which is known for its strength and shatter resistance. They’re raised 1mm from the surface by neodymium magnets, which keep everything attached to the FM3 and also means the pieces are not in direct contact with the displays, so they’ll definitely offer a level of protection as opposed to leaving the displays uncovered.

I have some guitar leads, two bottles of wine, 4 beers and a 6 pack of cider at hand. In the name of science, I think I might drink them all (not the guitar leads, that’d just be weird) and drop them on the acrylic from standing height. Once I sober up, I’ll report back.

Yo! Sukh! How’s it hangin‘?
Can’t believe it’s been half a decade since I got a bunch of Kicktags from you for my MFC...
Well am back in the Fractal game again rocking my new FM3 after 3 years of hiatus!
Looking forward to the new screens you’re working on!

Yo! Sukh! How’s it hangin‘?
Can’t believe it’s been half a decade since I got a bunch of Kicktags from you for my MFC...
Well am back in the Fractal game again rocking my new FM3 after 3 years of hiatus!
Looking forward to the new screens you’re working on!

Wow! Where has the time gone???? Welcome back brother. Hanging straight up as always :)

Back
Top Bottom