IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
His tones are phenomenal in that video.

He usually uses rather bright tones, which often sound too bright when the guitar is heard by itself. However when heard in a mix those bright tones sound glorious. He’s has some of the best tone of any guitarist out there.

His tones are phenomenal in that video.

He usually uses rather bright tones, which often sound too bright when the guitar is heard by itself. However when heard in a mix those bright tones sound glorious. He’s has some of the best tone of any guitarist out there.
There are many ways to get the tone you want, and everyone has a different preference. Some guys like bright IRs with darker amp settings, some guys like dark IRs with brighter amp settings, and some guys like balanced IRs with neutral amp settings. There’s no wrong way to do it if you get the tone you’re after.

A guy like Pete, who knows what a mic’ed cab is supposed to sound like and what speaks in a mix, tends to like brighter IRs with darker amp settings to get a balanced tone with articulation. I’ve listened to that clip probably 20 times and love how he dialed his amps.

After a surprising amount of requests, I'm please to announce the release of the York Audio ORNG 412 V30 Cab Pack! Based on a 2006 Orange PPC412 4x12 cabinet with the original Vintage 30 speakers, this thing is a BEAST! It's thick and has that classic Orange "grind" in the midrange that I love so much and what makes these cabs so unique. It's got its own thing going on compared to other V30 cabs and I'm really happy with how this one came out!

14 mics, 22 Mixes, and 148 single mic shots give you a ton of variety to play with, but the Mixes folder is pretty slammin' by itself. I can't wait to hear what you guys think of it!

Here's a little clip to get things started. I used the SLO Lead model with Mix 01 and my Les Paul.

After a surprising amount of requests, I'm please to announce the release of the York Audio ORNG 412 V30 Cab Pack! Based on a 2006 Orange PPC412 4x12 cabinet with the original Vintage 30 speakers, this thing is a BEAST! It's thick and has that classic Orange "grind" in the midrange that I love so much and what makes these cabs so unique. It's got its own thing going on compared to other V30 cabs and I'm really happy with how this one came out!

14 mics, 22 Mixes, and 148 single mic shots give you a ton of variety to play with, but the Mixes folder is pretty slammin' by itself. I can't wait to hear what you guys think of it!

Here's a little clip to get things started. I used the SLO Lead model with Mix 01 and my Les Paul.

Hey I tried your $1 Mesa 2x12 IR and it is absolutely fantastic! Curious if it is utilizing your new methods and techniques or if that was an older IR. I can’t imagine it getting any better :)

Hey I tried your $1 Mesa 2x12 IR and it is absolutely fantastic! Curious if it is utilizing your new methods and techniques or if that was an older IR. I can’t imagine it getting any better :)
Thanks a lot! The Mesa 2x12 has my current method and technique. Newer packs have a few more mics and some extra ambient captures, but the method is the same. I’m glad you’re digging that one.

Since I liked the $1 Mesa 2x12 pack so much I picked up my first FULL York Audio pack today. Went with the new Vox 2x12 Blue.......been playing pretty much nonstop for the last few hours. Fantastic job on these Justin.

whats everyones top 3 packs from York audio

I can't pick 3. I love every pack I have from York as they are all different. The magic of Justin's work! 👍

But since you like metal/rock, you can't go wrong with the Bogna, FDMN or MES packs. I think you can spread the tone variety around with either of those. You get a bonus in the FDMN pack since you get a blend or individual option of the V30 and M25 (still crossing my fingers for a V30/T75 blend option on an updated Bogna pack!)

Last edited:
Hey @York Audio , any news about that hesu demon speaker you bought a month ago?
I need to try it in a 2x12. I only got to listen to it for a short bit through a Mesa Recto 1x12 and like you mentioned, it’s a tight speaker. I have a few speakers I want to try pairing with it and think it could be really cool.

My next pack doesn’t have Celestions, and it’s been fun playing something unique. I just wish there were more hours in a day because I’ve been on a cab and speaker buying rampage lately and have a ton of stuff I want to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom