FM3 FAQ

Hi
So I've had my FM3 for 2 weeks now and it's awesome, there is however 1 little thing that niggles and I dont know how to change it.
Whenever I change scenes in a preset the edit light illuminates,
But no settings have been changed.
Is there anything I can do to make the edit light illuminate only when a parameter has been changed and not just because I've changed scene.
Charts
G \../

Hi
So I've had my FM3 for 2 weeks now and it's awesome, there is however 1 little thing that niggles and I dont know how to change it.
Is there anything I can do to make the edit light illuminate only when a parameter has been changed and not just because I've changed scene.
Charts
G \../
Changing the scene changes the preset. For most people's setup, if you save after changing the scene, you've just changed the preset's default Scene.

Hi
Charts
G \../

That’s a good idea for feature request - start a thread in that sub forum.

I can connect my iPad pro to the FM 3 and the audio output is then connected to the FM 3 in order to playback tracks on FM 3?

Last edited:
I can connect my iPad pro to the FM 3 and the audio output is then connected to the FM 3 in order to playback tracks on FM 3?

yes - from the FAQ:

How do I play along with songs and backing tracks?
It’s easy! You can connect your iOS, Android, PC, or Mac via USB and play through the FM3 audio device. Note that you may want to go to SETUP:I/O : USB and turn down the level initially for USB 1/2.

Not sure if you can do this with Win, but for those with a Mac you can select your interface as an output device and play everything through your monitors while jamming to Spotify or YT. You'll need your DAW opened and the FM3 on an armed track.

IMO the fm3 is just at launch state. It’s not even on stock to order without joining a waitlist... so, as a business perspective, it would make no sense to abandon ship to start a new development.

Long life to the FM3!!!

I was one of the first to question the CPU capabilities of the FM3 and I can tell you that I'm totally satisfied with my unit. I have a small Pelican case all set up and I carry my FM3 everywhere. No more mess, I plug my Atomic CLR & FM3 and I'm ready to go. Love it!

Upcoming firmware updates will make it even better.

Hi, what is the life cycle of FM3? How long will it take for a new floor device to appear? Any ideas?
if ax8 is any indication then 4 to 5 years, I purchased my AX8 in 2015 and was end of life by 2019 as back-ordered AX8 were converted into FM3 wait list.

if ax8 is any indication then 4 to 5 years, I purchased my AX8 in 2015 and was end of life by 2019 as back-ordered AX8 were converted into FM3 wait list.

It seems to me that over time the process slows down and each new generation differs less and less in sound quality from the previous one. I think the next step in development will be a touch screen...

It seems to me that over time the process slows down and each new generation differs less and less in sound quality from the previous one. I think the next step in development will be a touch screen...
Digitech had touch screen many generations ago when they adopted the iPad as the interface, frankly I remember the Moog Taurus 2 bass peddles of which I owned (wish I never sold them) that had an extension to easily make modification on the fly without getting on hands and knees to adjust, go figure...

yes - from the FAQ:

How do I play along with songs and backing tracks?
It’s easy! You can connect your iOS, Android, PC, or Mac via USB and play through the FM3 audio device. Note that you may want to go to SETUP:I/O : USB and turn down the level initially for USB 1/2.
Hello again! IMac is connected and works fine for FM3 Edit and any audio (and iTunes tracks) play fine. But I can’t get iPhone to work. I would sure appreciate any further information as what a dream it would be to have such a light rig!

Hello again! IMac is connected and works fine for FM3 Edit and any audio (and iTunes tracks) play fine. But I can’t get iPhone to work. I would sure appreciate any further information as what a dream it would be to have such a light rig!

Hmm...it just works for me. What model iPhone do you have?

Hmm...it just works for me. What model iPhone do you have?
Xr - I suspect it didn't work because the iMac was already connected and I tried the iPhone in the other USB 2.0 connection. I would love to be able to connect and hear the IPhone and control it with Out 2 volume/level knob. Possible? Thank again, HT - I appreciate you!

Back
Top Bottom