MIDI CC#0 Does Not Change Bank

IF ANYONE COULD PLEASE GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION WITH THIS ISSUE IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I am programing backtrack MIDI switches, via interface MIDI out, using Logic Pro X, on Catalina; to an Axe FX II XL+. All firmware, driver, etc., has been updated. I am well versed in MIDI switching and have no issues what so ever when switching within Bank A.

I want to change to presets in Banks A-F. My process currently is, I use control change CC#0 value "x," followed by a program change to PC#"x," and yet I can only access presets 1-128 (with the exception of preset 768 when PC#=128), regardless of what CC#0 value I use. Why does this happen?

odd, the manual describes using cc#0 at values 0,1 or 2 etc to access different banks.

Last edited:
IF ANYONE COULD PLEASE GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION WITH THIS ISSUE IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I am programing backtrack MIDI switches, via interface MIDI out, using Logic Pro X, on Catalina; to an Axe FX II XL+. All firmware, driver, etc., has been updated. I am well versed in MIDI switching and have no issues what so ever when switching within Bank A.

I want to change to presets in Banks A-F. My process currently is, I use control change CC#0 value "x," followed by a program change to PC#"x," and yet I can only access presets 1-128 (with the exception of preset 768 when PC#=128), regardless of what CC#0 value I use. Why does this happen?

See chapter 16.18 of the manual.

Seems like you're reading the wrong manual. Axe-Fx II doesn't have banks A-F.

PS. Please don't type in caps.

Last edited:
Ah, totally forgot about that and didn't check. You're right.

Back
Top Bottom