Any EBMM owners?

I own four Luke’s.
A Luke 1, two Luke 2’s and an LIII.
They are all my main gigging guitars, well when such a thing as gigs used to happen!

Attachments

• D0ADDBE9-F223-406F-8416-1DFF4FEAC6CE.jpeg
    D0ADDBE9-F223-406F-8416-1DFF4FEAC6CE.jpeg
    673.1 KB · Views: 17
Nice collection! How would you describe the differences of the necks on the different models?
Thanks!
Re: the neck profiles, the Luke 1 and LIII are very similar actually. Super slim and fast. The low profile frets on the LIII make it even slimmer feeling, although it actually isn't. They are both great for lead playing/soloing.
The Luke 2's, although still with v shaped necks, are a bit beefier, definitely a bit softer v, with more shoulder. For me, these are better for rhythm playing for extended periods, causing less fatigue. Good all-rounders, I'd say.

Thanks!
Re: the neck profiles, the Luke 1 and LIII are very similar actually. Super slim and fast. The low profile frets on the LIII make it even slimmer feeling, although it actually isn't. They are both great for lead playing/soloing.
The Luke 2's, although still with v shaped necks, are a bit beefier, definitely a bit softer v, with more shoulder. For me, these are better for rhythm playing for extended periods, causing less fatigue. Good all-rounders, I'd say.
Damn, that's super cool that they kinda went back to the more pronounced V of the first model. That's my all time favourite neck. Are both Luke 2s fatter and softer than your 1 and 3? I assume your 1 has had a refret?

Damn, that's super cool that they kinda went back to the more pronounced V of the first model. That's my all time favourite neck. Are both Luke 2s fatter and softer than your 1 and 3? I assume your 1 has had a refret?
Yes both Luke 2s have slightly fatter necks.
id say the red PDN is the most chunky. And yes, my Luke 1 has had a refret once, but with the same size fretwire, so it’s basically as it should be.

No worries, oh, and an unrelated question, have you made any further progress with the tri stereo chorus settings?
The tri? Well, I use the new tri chorus type in the III (which wasn't there in the II) for my own preset that I actually use. I run it in mono though, so it's tweaked for my liking. For the upcoming Luke preset, I won't be using the tri, but the dual stereo one (dailed in to sound like the TC 1210).

If you mean the PCM70, I'm done with those. I really don't think there is a way to get even closer.

The tri? Well, I use the new tri chorus type in the III (which wasn't there in the II) for my own preset that I actually use. I run it in mono though, so it's tweaked for my liking. For the upcoming Luke preset, I won't be using the tri, but the dual stereo one (dailed in to sound like the TC 1210).

If you mean the PCM70, I'm done with those. I really don't think there is a way to get even closer.
Great, thanks for the update. Yes I meant the chorus. ;) not that I use it very much, but it's good for the occasional 80's thing.

These purdy ladies showed up at my door yesterday...

DSC-0167.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom