FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.06

ok i think the issue is the Delay block responding to Auto-Engage. when moving the pedal from toe to heel quickly, there is a moment where the Dot on the graph is stuck for a bit as the block turns on. sometimes it stuck for more than 2 seconds, but mostly it was stuck for 1/2 a second or so.

this seems to only happen with the Delay block. i thought perhaps if 2 blocks were using Auto-Engage at the same time, it'd cause the problem, but even with Wah and Phaser (delay deleted for the test), there was no issue. so i think it's just the Delay block.

if we can figure out a different way to turn on the Delay block with your wah for now, it'd probably help. i'll report this to the devs. thanks for sharing the preset so we can catch this. very specific thing happening here.

I was having a similar issue with Wah/Delay. I have a spring loaded Mission expression pedal. If I set the delay Auto Engage to "On", the wah would not complete it's sweep. When I set the delay Auto Engage to "Off", the delay and wah work perfectly.
1600127092052.png

Just updated the firmware, new presets, and updated Edit. Everything worked like a charm and I'm set to dive in.

Do the Global changes I made 1.05 revert to stock when you upgrade the Firmware?

I was having a similar issue with Wah/Delay. I have a spring loaded Mission expression pedal. If I set the delay Auto Engage to "On", the wah would not complete it's sweep. When I set the delay Auto Engage to "Off", the delay and wah work perfectly.
View attachment 72772

Thanks. This is a little different from my use case but thanks for sharing. I was attaching a modifier to the input gain of the delay block to turn it off and on. I did try attaching it to the bypass like in your example but it did not work correctly, at least to my ears. Delay turned on at heel down, but turned off when I rocked the pedal. Using an EV2.

Thanks. This is a little different from my use case but thanks for sharing. I was attaching a modifier to the input gain of the delay block to turn it off and on. I did try attaching it to the bypass like in your example but it did not work correctly, at least to my ears. Delay turned on at heel down, but turned off when I rocked the pedal. Using an EV2.
Yes, my pedal does the reverse, it's off heel down. Bypass and Engaged need to be opposite of what is depicted for your pedal, I believe.

Thanks, if you need any support (running debug mode / custom firmware) I'm available - I can reproduce it quite easily
Thanks. Can you attach your system settings and preset? I'm unable to reproduce.

Somewhat of a lingering issue for me since 1.04 is that if I have my FM3 selected as my main audio output while connected to my 2019 16" MacBook Pro I will get the pinwheel of death while youtube or any application playing audio like transcribe! is working. This happens usually within the first 5-10min of a session and once the FM3 is turned off the problem goes away. Happens regardless of FM3-edit being open or not.

I have had a few times where my footswitches either become unresponsive, or blackout and unresponsive. It isn't common but I have seen it on 1.06b3 and 1.06. usually fm3 edit is connected, and a reboot of the fm3 fixes it.

I have had a few times where my footswitches either become unresponsive, or blackout and unresponsive. It isn't common but I have seen it on 1.06b3 and 1.06. usually fm3 edit is connected, and a reboot of the fm3 fixes it.
Same here, happened to me yesterday.... this hasn't happened to me on some of the cheaper, less qualified units that I have owned, so a little concerned how this can happen on a fractal?

Same here, happened to me yesterday.... this hasn't happened to me on some of the cheaper, less qualified units that I have owned, so a little concerned how this can happen on a fractal?
This hasn’t happened on other FAS gear. It’s not how expensive gear is, it’s that bugs can happen on any gear.

If anyone can provide a way to reproduce this reliably, it can be fixed. They might also be working on a fix already. To my knowledge, this is happening only to a small amount of people. I personally haven’t ever experienced it.

Can anyone make it happen reliably?

This hasn’t happened on other FAS gear. It’s not how expensive gear is, it’s that bugs can happen on any gear.

If anyone can provide a way to reproduce this reliably, it can be fixed. They might also be working on a fix already. To my knowledge, this is happening only to a small amount of people. I personally haven’t ever experienced it.

Not sure how to make it happen reliably since it is random. It has happened to me probably about 3 times now and yes, I know it is not specifically about cost, it is tho' that this is my first fractal product and I came expecting the best. So that is why I am a little concerned, however, at the same time, I am very happy with the sound. And.... I am not complaining, I am only stating something that happened a couple times. Mine froze up during a rehearsal and a reboot was necessary, hoping that doesn't happen at my gig this coming Saturday evening.

I can't. I loaded the same 0reset and did the same button sequence I was doing when it went dark and it was fine. I'm sure Fractal will get it sorted out.

Not sure how to make it happen reliably since it is random. It has happened to me probably about 3 times now and yes, I know it is not specifically about cost, it is tho' that this is my first fractal product and I came expecting the best. So that is why I am a little concerned, however, at the same time, I am very happy with the sound. And.... I am not complaining, I am only stating something that happened a couple times. Mine froze up during a rehearsal and a reboot was necessary, hoping that doesn't happen at my gig this coming Saturday evening.
No insinuation of complaining here. Just trying to get to the bottom of it :)

If anyone can state what they did when it happened, that’s a starting point. Need to find similarities like it happens when changing preset with a switch, or it happens after it’s been on for over an hour, etc. any details like that. Thanks!

No insinuation of complaining here. Just trying to get to the bottom of it :)

If anyone can state what they did when it happened, that’s a starting point. Need to find similarities like it happens when changing preset with a switch, or it happens after it’s been on for over an hour, etc. any details like that. Thanks!
Last time it happened I was on the effects view of the perform layout. I had made a few mods to what buttons would do what (which is amazingly cool) and I tried to back to view 1 after changing my plex delay and turning drive off. The unit kept outputting sound, and I could still use the rotary knobs to change scenes, but no foot switches.

First time this happened to me yesterday: I had the FM3 sitting idle for a few hours, when I came back, the foot switches didn't do anything. I didn't try anything else, just rebooted and it was fine. I did have FM3 Edit running at the same time, but forgot to check whether it would have worked. Just a FYI.

Back
Top Bottom