FM3 Now Shipping

I'm February 22nd. I'll be sure to post here as soon as I get my invite. Hopefully that'll give you a better idea of when to expect yours! I was also hoping for last week, then this week, but I guess we underestimated the shipping announcement's impact on waitlist signups...
Fellow Torontonian here, also Feb 22nd on the waitlist! I have become completely obsessed with checking my email and this waitlist thread, here's hoping the invite happens soon, I can't take anymore of this!

Since we are sharing our stories -
I purchased an AXE FX III in October 2019 and was pretty happy with it. Soon I realized it was a pain to carry it to the practices.
Feb 12th I read the announcement that FM3 is now shipping and got to know of its existence.
Then comes the part that annoys me the most - I thought it the product has started shipping the waitlist won’t be THAT long (I assumed!! Mother of all f*** ups). So I decided to ponder over it for a few days before finally signing up on March 1.
Only if time travel was a thing....

I am seriously contemplating the Helix. This waiting is stupid.
Totally evaluate your options for the tones and use cases you want. My ~2005 Line 6 modeling amp had a ton of sizzle on the high-gain models, and Youtube seems to convey that they're still pretty sizzly. I'm glad I waited because Fractal's high-gain models sound incredible, but it's easy to say that on the other side of the wait. You could distract yourself in the meantime by shooting out some plugin options and weighing those against a Fractal investment (if you haven't already) - that helped pass the time semi-constructively for me.

Totally evaluate your options for the tones and use cases you want. My ~2005 Line 6 modeling amp had a ton of sizzle on the high-gain models, and Youtube seems to convey that they're still pretty sizzly. I'm glad I waited because Fractal's high-gain models sound incredible, but it's easy to say that on the other side of the wait. You could distract yourself in the meantime by shooting out some plugin options and weighing those against a Fractal investment (if you haven't already) - that helped pass the time semi-constructively for me.

Ola recently did a video comparing the FM3 to the POD GO on high gain models, showing that exact issue.

Have tried it, not worth it. The wait will be worth it for sure.

if we can get an update from M@ that will be awesome!
I was happy, at least we were getting regular updates as to where they are on the waitlist. We have been stuck here forever it seems. I am April 13 2020. Was looking good for a while. Now, not so much..........
Thanks Cangus! Ill wait, in the meantime I am using a version of Amplitube 4.........How sad am I?

We're absolutely spoiled for choice right now. I'm a mid-April-2020 waiting list guy, and I think I've passed through the fires of both hope and despair and when it happens, it happens. But if I didn't have gear I was happy with I could 100% understand the need to look around. That PodGo comparison Ola did above gathered a lot of really positive comments - it's a heck of a piece of hardware for the money. The Helix has come a long way. Neural has their unit on the way and the Axe-FX III and Kemper continue to do their thing, and wow the PC software is good these days (my current fave is the Mercuriall Euphoria). For me and my pocketbook, the FM3 is worth the wait - it just sounds more like what amps sound like to me, and I want something I can carry around and set on a desk and poke at. If you aren't in that boat, don't drive yourself TOO crazy - maybe that POD GO is just what you need for now until Fractal can next-day ship FM3s on-demand.

I got on the list August 8th. I was hoping they would keep the pace of 2 months of waitlist/week we had recently seen. I know there was likely to be a little bit of a spike in February when they announced shipping, but I didn't think it would be this much.

Now my problem is that Long & Mcquade is having their annual "jack's bargain attic sale" and there's a couple things I have my eye on that may use up my FM3 money that I have put aside if the price is good enough. At this rate though, I may have another 6+ months to save up again for an FM3 fund.

I got on the list August 8th. I was hoping they would keep the pace of 2 months of waitlist/week we had recently seen. I know there was likely to be a little bit of a spike in February when they announced shipping, but I didn't think it would be this much.

Now my problem is that Long & Mcquade is having their annual "jack's bargain attic sale" and there's a couple things I have my eye on that may use up my FM3 money that I have put aside if the price is good enough. At this rate though, I may have another 6+ months to save up again for an FM3 fund.
You have to hate L&M for that... there is a nice tele I am eyeing but I am going to hold out

I am concerned...there is an audio lag between the presets...I’m hoping a firmware update fixes this delay. Sounds great through my studio monitors
Define "audio lag." If you're changing presets using footswitches that have a hold function, the switch won't engage until you release it.

Back
Top Bottom