Wish III SE

I have had similar thoughts about another version of axe-fx. My version would just be a stripped down version of the Axe III that would fit into a 1u chassis, 2x2 in/out, and amp modeling consisting of only the FAS models, USB for axe-edit, FC compatibility and I’d be happy. Call it AXE-FX Ltd or something.

Eventide H9000: $7,000
H9000-Front.jpg

Eventide H9000R: $5,000
H9000R-Front.jpg

Though, I have heard people regretting of buying the blindfolded version, because the software works through Ethernet only, and it seems like it is a PITA to configure

Last edited:
I am still waiting for the FM3 Edit to be fully functional-as in NEVER need the front panel--unless you want to. Been wishing for a long time (AX8 back then) I'll just keep on wishing.
Even in a home studio it is ridiculous to have to bend down under daw desk or try to pull the FM3 up onto your lap, et, etc. Maybe someday!

I don’t use any buttons or knobs on my axeIII. I have adjusted a few things maybe twice in the 8 months I’ve had it. There are dozens like me..... dozens!

The possibilities for bands to travel lighter could be another upside outside of the studio. A group could have three Axes in say maybe 3U rather than a full 9U, especially if all of their switching is done via MIDI. Also an Axe FX with Dante capabilities could be cool, audio over the network, or even routable as a plugin in the board if it also has Dante ins

Who would buy a Axe lll with no screen to navigate?

Honestly me. The on-unit UI is horrendous and I do everything I can with the editor. If the editor was extended to do 100% of what the unit can do right now then I would buy a faceless unit on the spot, considering the only thing I need from the actual unit is a light that tells me it's on.

Said that, it really doesn't make a lot of commercial sense to do that :)

Honestly me. The on-unit UI is horrendous and I do everything I can with the editor. If the editor was extended to do 100% of what the unit can do right now then I would buy a faceless unit on the spot, considering the only thing I need from the actual unit is a light that tells me it's on.

👍

Said that, it really doesn't make a lot of commercial sense to do that :)

I dunno about that. Take @Piing's example. The faceless Eventide is ~ 28% lower in price. Let's just say Fractal could also cut 28% off the price with a faceless unit. That would be around $1,500. That's < Helix. I think it would sell fast.

LOL "Axe Cloud", access from anywhere there's an internet connection! Download your tones and setlist straight to FOH! No need to carry S#!+!

Back
Top Bottom