Announcing Axe-Fx III Mark II

Sure..
The control screen has 3 settings.
1-LCD brightness
2-LOGO brightness (which gives you a 3 settings switch: off, medium and high).
3- LOGO color....
the colors morph into each other so there’s actually different shades or hues to every color...
There’s a green that’s neighboring on yellow and another one that neighbors on blue..
But here’s the one that’s full green.
2EE160FB-43C3-4507-AC36-7234BB98F893.jpegA5665BC9-8EB0-4454-B6A7-68170D9C0828.jpeg

Can the Mark II's screen be dimmer than the Mark I? I have my Mark I on minimum brightness and it can still be pretty intense sometimes.

Last edited:
Video please ... (-:

This is my first ever AXE FX unit so I’m not in the best position to compare...- but in my view that middle of the road setting makes it manageable.... the picture I shared up here doesn’t reflect that because the camera on my iPhone seems to be very sensitive to the logo light no matter how much I change focus touching the screen of the phone.
The room in which I have the AXE FX is dark and I think that adds to it.

All and all... I think the logo looks dimmed enough to not offend the eyes... and what color you choose plays a role on it.
I have mine set on orange at the moment, and it looks pleasant. 🍊 🍊 🍊

This is my first ever AXE FX unit so I’m not in the best position to compare...- but in my view that middle of the road setting makes it manageable.... the picture I shared up here doesn’t reflect that because the camera on my iPhone seems to be very sensitive to the logo light no matter how much I change focus touching the screen of the phone.
The room in which I have the AXE FX is dark and I think that adds to it.

All and all... I think the logo looks dimmed enough to not offend the eyes... and what color you choose plays a role on it.
I have mine set on orange at the moment, and it looks pleasant. 🍊 🍊 🍊
MINI Cooper gauge lights are an orangey reddish color because the longer wavelength colors FUBAR your night vision least. That being said, their high beam indicator looks about like a 50kW blue laser. Had to put two layers if Scotch tape over it that were each colored with a blue Sharpie to dial back the brightness

Last edited:
Axe 3 Mk1 vs. Mk2? Is there any difference in sound between Mk1 and Mk2? User cabs - Are there more slots in the Mk2? Any change to to Cab block or Amp block? Can you use more Amps or Cabs with the Mk2? Any other differences besides the screen and increase in User presets with the Mk2?
Thanks so much for any info on the upgrade fro Mk1 to Mk2!

Axe 3 Mk1 vs. Mk2? Is there any difference in sound between Mk1 and Mk2? User cabs - Are there more slots in the Mk2? Any change to to Cab block or Amp block? Can you use more Amps or Cabs with the Mk2? Any other differences besides the screen and increase in User presets with the Mk2?
Read the first post.

I am wondering if there is any obvious hardware design/layout upgrade in MK II, especially concerning the thermal/fan management. Hopefully someone could post a gut shot soon.

And hopefully someone who owns both I and II could compare the fan noise as well.

Righto - there is Luke from ROTJ!

Can we see Vader red from TESB?

They Rey from TROS ...

(Nerd alert :rolleyes:)

I can't believe what I read on facebook or other forums about the mk2...
People should think a little about how a shop works and what is a niche market !

I mean if you buy a sport car or an american refrigerator, if 3 months after the new one has more options, would you rush the maker aggressively ?

-Fractal is top of the game, so even if they don't innovate to fight competition yet, it has to always go forward
-Parts availability can push the release of an updated version (exemple the screens of axefx2)
-Sometimes the added function is enough to motivate a buyer, remember it's a niche market, you don't usually buy several products
etc etc etc

The only important things are that the products aren't subject to fast obsolescence and mostly for one reason, they receive firmware updates long after being discontinued.

The axefx 4 could be released on christmas that I wouldn't be schocked, even if R&D cost etc must probably avoid that :D

Hoping the Axe III mark I is included when they support IR'ing.. i read theres a patent we are waiting on? any news anywhere on that? curious as I saw mark II and this was immediately what I thought about.

Hoping the Axe III mark I is included when they support IR'ing.. i read theres a patent we are waiting on? any news anywhere on that? curious as I saw mark II and this was immediately what I thought about.

I‘ll bet the patent your talking about will be in the Mark IV.

The differences are exactly what fractal described and nothing more.... so I would say the only apparent one is the logo color led.
I personally am not one to need many preset slots... I dial in my tone and from there on I just play and enjoy my practice sessions without tinkering too much with the unit as I know once I start doing that ... I can end up going down the rabbit hole of tweaking to no end.
This far... nothing is there to miss by staying put with the Mark 1 if you have it.

for mere purchase value... I’m glad that I got the new version rather than the Mark 1 on its way out but the processor is the same in both.

Back
Top Bottom