IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Cool is it much different than the 1x12 vox blue?
It's very different, but in a great way. The AC15 sounds amazing and has a really nice focus to the tone... almost like a hi-fi Vox. I would say the AC30 is fuller sounding and has more of the boxy vocal midrange those amps are known for with a warmer top end while still being clear. A friend of mine who plays for a well-known country artist just told me he's redoing all of his patches with the AC30 because it hits the sweet spot he's been looking for.

You got my money/vote again! Thanks. BTW, is the patch/mix used for the above available?
Thanks for grabbing it! The preset is a kitchen sink disaster at the moment with tons of crazy things I need to get rid of, but I'll copy it and clean it up and post it when I can. I hope you like the pack!

And there goes another $15 from my wallet. I've been looking forward to this one.
Thank you! You'll have to let me know what you think after you get to mess with it a bit.

Ok, I've got 'em all, when does your subscription program start ;)
Thank you for collecting the whole set! My website host doesn't allow subscriptions on digital goods, so I can't do anything about that. I'm just glad that you're still liking the stuff that's coming out. It really means a lot.

@York Audio I cannot be on holidays, I switch off a week and you release the pack I have been chasing you for ages

Thanks mate I am buying this NOW!!!

For my touring Brian May tone I have been using your old gold blue pack...

I really loved the combination you recommended me back in the day

YA 212 AC-BLU 58 2C & U47 C3 and I tweak the proximity to 3 to dark the tone and get the Brian May groove

Vox AC30 TB is stock settings with gain at 8.25
Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 16.22.45.png
I will try the combination you suggest as Brian May mix but I wonder if you can suggest me a combination of Its that can give me the YA 212 AC-BLU 58 2C & U47 C3 with the proximity at 3

Many thanks mate

@York Audio I cannot be on holidays, I switch off a week and you release the pack I have been chasing you for ages

Thanks mate I am buying this NOW!!!

For my touring Brian May tone I have been using your old gold blue pack...

I really loved the combination you recommended me back in the day

YA 212 AC-BLU 58 2C & U47 C3 and I tweak the proximity to 3 to dark the tone and get the Brian May groove

Vox AC30 TB is stock settings with gain at 8.25
View attachment 72800
I will try the combination you suggest as Brian May mix but I wonder if you can suggest me a combination of Its that can give me the YA 212 AC-BLU 58 2C & U47 C3 with the proximity at 3

Many thanks mate
I know you’ve been waiting for this one, so I was wondering when I’d see you chime in. :) The Mix BMAY IR is very accurate to Brian’s tone. I just set the Class-A 30w TB amp like he does, volume high (around 8.5), and bass, treble, and high cut set at zero. Use a treble booster in front of it with a textured pick or a coin and you’re set.

If you like the old 58/U47 blend, you can still use it. The BMAY mix is more accurate though. I hope you enjoy it!

After a ton of requests for an updated AC30, I'm happy to finally announce the release of the York Audio VX30 212 BLUE Cab Pack!

I shot this one with 13 mics and it sounds absolutely fantastic! On top of the updated capturing technique with this cab, I also added a couple Mixes to help with some "signature" tones that people ask for a lot. Mix EDGY nails the Joshua Tree vibe, and Mix BMAY has that dark and boxy tone that comes to life with a treble booster and a textured pick.

Here's a clip with a broken up Tele in the bridge, a Strat with Mix EDGY, a treble boosted Mix BMAY with a textured pick, and a warm ambient Strat on the neck pickup.

Check out www.yorkaudio.co for more info on it. And feel free to ask any questions or share your experiences if you decide to pick it up.

I hope you guys like it!

Those Brian May riffs and tones are PHENOMENAL! I wasn't shopping for more Vox IRs, but suddenly I have more Vox IRs!

I know you’ve been waiting for this one, so I was wondering when I’d see you chime in. :) The Mix BMAY IR is very accurate to Brian’s tone. I just set the Class-A 30w TB amp like he does, volume high (around 8.5), and bass, treble, and high cut set at zero. Use a treble booster in front of it with a textured pick or a coin and you’re set.

If you like the old 58/U47 blend, you can still use it. The BMAY mix is more accurate though. I hope you enjoy it!
So Brian May sets his bass and treble at zero?

After receiving a number of requests for the clip's preset, here it is. Each scene has its own Amp and Cab channels, so once you've imported the IRs into your unit, just select the specified IR for each Cab channel from your user slots.

Scene 1: Tele bridge - Mix 03
Scene 2: Strat position 4 - Mix EDGY
Scene 3: Use a textured pick or a coin - Mix BMAY
Scene 4: Strat neck - Mix 12

So Brian May sets his bass and treble at zero?
Yup. Even his signature AC30 has all of those knobs removed, so it's just a volume knob, his signature, and a power switch.

Attachments

• YA VX30 212 BLUE.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 80
The mix sounds phenomenal Justin, I am moving house at the moment so I don't have much time and my Brian May equipment is packet now but I will record a couple of Brian May tracks demoing it in the next couple of weeks,

Great work man, hopefully your next pack will be the Morgan AC20 haha

After a ton of requests for an updated AC30, I'm happy to finally announce the release of the York Audio VX30 212 BLUE Cab Pack!

I shot this one with 13 mics and it sounds absolutely fantastic! On top of the updated capturing technique with this cab, I also added a couple Mixes to help with some "signature" tones that people ask for a lot. Mix EDGY nails the Joshua Tree vibe, and Mix BMAY has that dark and boxy tone that comes to life with a treble booster and a textured pick.

Here's a clip with a broken up Tele in the bridge, a Strat with Mix EDGY, a treble boosted Mix BMAY with a textured pick, and a warm ambient Strat on the neck pickup.

Check out www.yorkaudio.co for more info on it. And feel free to ask any questions or share your experiences if you decide to pick it up.

I hope you guys like it!

Just ordered. Bloody brilliant sounding samples....

Dang! Sounds pretty spot on to me. Great work, Rafa!
Thanks Justin,

If I liked the blue and gold IR pack that had something missing so I had to play around proximity and add an enhancer to get the tone I wanted, with this IR and your mix is just plug and play and trust me I am quite picky with Brian May stuff.

That recording was with fractal treble booster, which to my humble opinion is the worst block drive they have developed. If you try your pack with an external TB dang, that's real magic mate.

If anybody is interested in the preset I can happily share it here, just ask for it, obviously with no cab so you have to purchase it.

My recording is with a KZ Red Special which worth around 8k and using a sixpence so I am not sure how my preset will sound with a Stratocaster or a les Paul or whatever but as said, happy to share.

Justin, what's your next IR to come? Please stick to these nice amps don't go to metal hahaha

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom