IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Oh I know you weren’t having a dig. :) I appreciate that you were making me aware and I just wanted you to know that Dave and I sorted it out and are in a good spot. He said I do “great stuff,” so that was a big encouragement coming from him. And I’m glad you like the IRs! Thanks for sharing.

I wish I knew someone who had one of FR cabs. I’d love to check it out. I still need a good FRFR cab and thought about that or grabbing a Celestion F12-X200.
Justin it’s normal people says you do great stuff.
I have purchased almost all your packs and I use your demo presets and they work perfectly for me independently of the style I want to play.
My fave capture to date due to my band work (Queen Tribute) is still the 212 blue and gold that I think I have requested you almost a million times to review with your new technique, maybe one day just to shut me up you will do it hahahaha
What’s in your radar now? Pls don’t go to the hairy style and stick to classic rock 😝
Rafa

@York Audio as you released this friedman and Phil X maybe worth sticking to that amp, the band and your les Paul but with the proper guitar player and tone?
If you accept a preset request, how about Sambora’s Friedman sound at the a Madison Square garden (it’s full on youtube)? That Friedman sounds better to that Phil X one - at least to my ears...
Thanks again for your awesome job dude,

@York Audio as you released this friedman and Phil X maybe worth sticking to that amp, the band and your les Paul but with the proper guitar player and tone?
If you accept a preset request, how about Sambora’s Friedman sound at the a Madison Square garden (it’s full on youtube)? That Friedman sounds better to that Phil X one - at least to my ears...
Thanks again for your awesome job dude,
Hi Rafa, I don’t quite understand your first question. Maybe you could clarify what you’re asking?

As far as the AC-30 goes, that’s on my to-do list. I have another open back cab off the beaten path that I’m probably going to shoot next with a more limited amount of mics, so hopefully it won’t take too long to capture.

Hi Rafa, I don’t quite understand your first question. Maybe you could clarify what you’re asking?

As far as the AC-30 goes, that’s on my to-do list. I have another open back cab off the beaten path that I’m probably going to shoot next with a more limited amount of mics, so hopefully it won’t take too long to capture.
Justin you are the best I will purchase it as soon as it’s there

my first question was Phil X is the guitar player of BJ but obviously the proper player of Bon Jovi with a lea Paul and a Friedman is Richie

he has that amazing tone (not as bassy as Phil) in the Madison square garden show so I was challenging you to suggest a Friedman preset and IR combo in that direction

I love high gain Friedman from Phil but I think Richie’s way superior

my first question was Phil X is the guitar player of BJ but obviously the proper player of Bon Jovi with a lea Paul and a Friedman is Richie

he has that amazing tone (not as bassy as Phil) in the Madison square garden show so I was challenging you to suggest a Friedman preset and IR combo in that direction

Totally OT, but IMO what makes that band work is really the songs. So relatable musically, you can sing the chorus by the second time around. Ballsy enough to be (some people's) cool, without being dangerous for middle america. Slippery When Wet is covered with em. Not what I want to play, but a really great album for what it is.

Just chiming in as another happy customer - I certainly will never use all the individual speaker/mic shots, but I love your mixes and blends as I trust your ears. Just lost an hour messing with cabs and so happy to play and be inspired. Keep up the great work.

From the research I did about Richie's touring rig at that time, he was using JCM 2000 DSL 100 heads into a "custom 4x12" cabinet. The tone in that video sounded like he had a mid-boost somewhere in his chain almost like a cocked wah. To get close to the JCM 2000, try the HBE 2018 C45 and go to the preamp page and raise the High Frequency cut up to 16k. Crank the gain up around 8, dime the mids, set the depth around 2.5, and lower the Master Volume to around 3.5 and see how that feels to you.

Just chiming in as another happy customer - I certainly will never use all the individual speaker/mic shots, but I love your mixes and blends as I trust your ears. Just lost an hour messing with cabs and so happy to play and be inspired. Keep up the great work.
That's awesome to hear! I'm happy that you're bonding with this one. I don't think many people will stray from the Mixes folder, but I have all of those single shots in case I or someone else needs to recreate a certain tone. Having those options makes it really easy to get more out of the cab if you want something more specific than what the mixes offer. But hey, if the mixes do it for you, that's what they're there for. :)

From the research I did about Richie's touring rig at that time, he was using JCM 2000 DSL 100 heads into a "custom 4x12" cabinet. The tone in that video sounded like he had a mid-boost somewhere in his chain almost like a cocked wah. To get close to the JCM 2000, try the HBE 2018 C45 and go to the preamp page and raise the High Frequency cut up to 16k. Crank the gain up around 8, dime the mids, set the depth around 2.5, and lower the Master Volume to around 3.5 and see how that feels to you.

That's awesome to hear! I'm happy that you're bonding with this one. I don't think many people will stray from the Mixes folder, but I have all of those single shots in case I or someone else needs to recreate a certain tone. Having those options makes it really easy to get more out of the cab if you want something more specific than what the mixes offer. But hey, if the mixes do it for you, that's what they're there for. :)
Curious, do you download IR's from Ownhammer or other 3rd party one to compare to yours?

Curious, do you download IR's from Ownhammer or other 3rd party one to compare to yours?
Never. My stuff is true to the cabs I capture and I don't want my perception to be skewed by any outside influence that would take it away from authenticity. Plus every physical cab sounds different, my room sounds different than theirs, my outboard gear is different, and my capture process is different along with a number of other variables. So it's counterproductive for me to compare my stuff to others. I know that the captures I make are identical to the real cab mic'ed up in my studio, and I can't ask for a better result than that. :)

Never. My stuff is true to the cabs I capture and I don't want my perception to be skewed by any outside influence that would take it away from authenticity. Plus every physical cab sounds different, my room sounds different than theirs, my outboard gear is different, and my capture process is different along with a number of other variables. So it's counterproductive for me to compare my stuff to others. I know that the captures I make are identical to the real cab mic'ed up in my studio, and I can't ask for a better result than that. :)
Coola boola. I prefer the York Audio packs at this stage

After a ton of requests for an updated AC30, I'm happy to finally announce the release of the York Audio VX30 212 BLUE Cab Pack!

I shot this one with 13 mics and it sounds absolutely fantastic! On top of the updated capturing technique with this cab, I also added a couple Mixes to help with some "signature" tones that people ask for a lot. Mix EDGY nails the Joshua Tree vibe, and Mix BMAY has that dark and boxy tone that comes to life with a treble booster and a textured pick.

Here's a clip with a broken up Tele in the bridge, a Strat with Mix EDGY, a treble boosted Mix BMAY with a textured pick, and a warm ambient Strat on the neck pickup.

Check out www.yorkaudio.co for more info on it. And feel free to ask any questions or share your experiences if you decide to pick it up.

I hope you guys like it!

After a ton of requests for an updated AC30, I'm happy to finally announce the release of the York Audio VX30 212 BLUE Cab Pack!

I shot this one with 13 mics and it sounds absolutely fantastic! On top of the updated capturing technique with this cab, I also added a couple Mixes to help with some "signature" tones that people ask for a lot. Mix EDGY nails the Joshua Tree vibe, and Mix BMAY has that dark and boxy tone that comes to life with a treble booster and a textured pick.

Here's a clip with a broken up Tele in the bridge, a Strat with Mix EDGY, a treble boosted Mix BMAY with a textured pick, and a warm ambient Strat on the neck pickup.

Check out www.yorkaudio.co for more info on it. And feel free to ask any questions or share your experiences if you decide to pick it up.

I hope you guys like it!

Cool is it much different than the 1x12 vox blue?

I hope you guys like it!

Sigh
opens up wallet for more high quality York Audio IRs

Lol thanks again Justin for all the work you put into these! Looking forward to checking this out!

Back
Top Bottom