The Pets Thread

Budda

Axe-Master
There's enough doom and gloom in the news and social media, but pets are usually a positive in our daily lives.

Who's got pets? Photos welcome!

We have a 5(?) year old rescue mutt from a local rescue agency. She was taken in with a litter of puppies, an older puppy and that puppy's puppies. So many pups. She also had heartworm upon intake, which was taken care of through the rescue as "foster to adopt". We've had her for 3 years and she fits in quite well. Definitely part husky, and all the fuzz she sheds is mostly white despite 3 main colours. Looking forward to hardwood and sweeping not vacuuming. The pet hammock in our cars are great for visiting family or the occasional outing.

IMG_20200905_203649.jpg

Last edited:
Luna or ‘Lunatic’ is a 2 year old Aussie-Doodle or better known as an ‘Aus-Hole’ and now I know why...she‘s nuts! You have to be careful walking down stairs because as a sheep herder, she has to make sure you go where she wants you to go...makes it interesting at 6:00 a.m., with no coffee! Luna has no mellow mode, it’s 100 mph, all the time.

Then there is 12 year old Jaz. She’s a Chin-Poo. She may be small, but when the Aus-hole is being well, an Aus-hole, Jaz puts her in her place in a hurry!

657D80A7-DE26-4D5E-9D23-F2265C9E95B8.jpeg97C36961-374B-462A-85AD-13A2E008E5E5.jpegE6D5EFCA-EA7D-4D6F-9637-26FF7F24BE65.jpeg

Last edited:
Dora, the Explora:
20200820_144644.jpg

Born on our patio on April 2, 2018. Queen of the house....

There's enough doom and gloom in the news and social media, but pets are usually a positive in our daily lives.

Who's got pets? Photos welcome!

We have a 5(?) year old rescue mutt from a local rescue agency. She was taken in with a litter of puppies, an older puppy and that puppy's puppies. So many pups. She also had heartworm upon intake, which was taken care of through the rescue as "foster to adopt". We've had her for 3 years and she fits in quite well. Definitely part husky, and all the fuzz she sheds is mostly white despite 3 main colours. Looking forward to hardwood and sweeping not vacuuming. The pet hammock in our cars are great for visiting family or the occasional outing.

View attachment 72566

Rescue pets are the best. As are mutts.

We got our dog off of petfinder. He was listed as a corgi mix. When I went to pick him up, the guy hauls out this big fella. I don’t think there’s a drop of corgi in him but he’s ours and made himself quite comfortable!

40DD2658-BA3F-46AA-BADF-057B994D414B.jpeg

FED17ED5-D12C-428C-8275-4F745D92DD2B.jpeg

This is Griffin, he’s an old blue tick mixed with who knows what. We walk dogs at a local shelter where he was brought in with two younger dogs. The original owner lost his job and was living in a car with the dogs, eventually couldn’t feed them and had to surrender them. They were all in pretty rough shape from being underfed, but the younger dogs got adopted pretty quickly. The vet gave Griffin a couple months to live and that’s when we decided to take him in. Just way too sad of an ending for such a sweetheart of a dog that’s been loved his entire life.

That was just about 3 years ago and he’s still kickin’! It was a rough first 6 months. He had crazy anxiety and would freak out during thunderstorms, like he literally ate a mirror once when we were at work kind of anxiety. He’s never been very affectionate, but over time he started to get closer and would eventually sleep on our bed and every now and then we get a lick on the hands or a quick lick on the face. His arthritis is catching up to him these days and sooner than later we’re going to have to make the call, but I’m glad we‘ve been able to give him a loving home and all the care he needed to live out the rest of his days!

Rescue pets are the best. As are mutts.
Best dog I ever had was a lab mix that found me in the middle of California desert. I think someone had dumped him. He made it to 15 years with me.

Lesson my dumb ass learned the hard way - test your kids for allergies before bringing up getting a pet. Great rescue pup - within 3 days kid was covered in hives and had breathing issues. TOTALLY sucked having to take the dog back away from a 4 year old. Ended well though. Pup got a good home and we found one that didn't trigger allergies.

Back
Top Bottom