Fractal FM3 metal demo | pt2 | ft. DIGITECH THE DROP

Antonis

Second video of my FM3 metal demo series. This time using Digitech the Drop as well, to achieve drop A tuning

Guitar: Charvel Joe Duplantier pro-mod w/ Seymour Duncan SH11 tuned to drop B

Fractal amps used:
0:00 FAS MODERN
1:09 5153 RED 100w
3:22 RECTO RED MODERN
4:54 FAS MODERN II

Songs:
Whitechapel - Saw is the Law
Decapitated - Earth Scar
Korn - Here to Stay
Bloodbath - Eaten

Would appreciate all kinds of feedback. Even if you think they are sh*t, let me know and why

I'd be interested in hearing the drop on upper register notes. Otherwise I think your demo sounds pretty good!

How would you say the Digitech Drop compares to the Fractal Pitch (virtual Capo)?

Can’t speak for the FM3 but the pitch block updates to the AxeIII allowed me to sell my drop pedal. If the FM3 gets the same treatment the drop will be irrelevant (unless you need it to free up memory for something else)

Can’t speak for the FM3 but the pitch block updates to the AxeIII allowed me to sell my drop pedal. If the FM3 gets the same treatment the drop will be irrelevant (unless you need it to free up memory for something else)
Very interesting!

Sorry, I haven't followed the Axe III development too closely lately.
The pitch block update was fairly recent? You've noticed a big difference?

The current Pitch Shifter (virtual Capo) is unusable in the current state of the FM3, imo.

Yeah the FM3 hasn't received the Pitch block updates that the Axe III has. The Virtual Capo on the III is the best pitch shifter I've ever used, hands down. Hopefully the FM3 gets those updates soon (if they even can with the processing power of the FM3)

Ughhhh, this is a tough one!

I'm on the fence of buying a Digitech Drop... perhaps I should wait a bit.

@FractalAudio, any rough ETA for the Pitch block update on the FM3?
I don't want to put you in a bad spot... but do you think it's possible we will see it in the next few weeks?

Ughhhh, this is a tough one!

I'm on the fence of buying a Digitech Drop... perhaps I should wait a bit.

@FractalAudio, any rough ETA for the Pitch block update on the FM3?
I don't want to put you in a bad spot... but do you think it's possible we will see it in the next few weeks?

Curious if there are plans to update for the Pitch Block in the FM3. Has there been any comment on this?

This is good to know. The virtual capo on the FM3 definitely leaves some to be desired. I've been thinking about getting a drop pedal but if the block update comes to the FM3, I'll wait it out a bit and see if we get any updates.

I imagine it would take more CPU to improve it? If that is the case, it wouldn't work for me as most of my presets right now are pretty much borderline CPU maxed right now anyways. Looking at maybe getting a Whammy DT instead.

I have an Axe III and the virtual capo feature is fantastic! That being said, I am ordering an FM3 for a more compact setup and as backup/rehearsal unit and will use my Drop pedal with it to save some CPU for other FX instead. The Drop pedal sounds great and is the best of the bunch that I have tried over the years.

Untill then say FM3 can’t handle the new PB.....I am holding strong .......no buying stuff !!! ;)
I do need a good solution for Eb.......to much latency currently for live IMO.

If you're sticking with the FM3, I'd say it's easier to invest the $80--90 in the Digitech The Drop. I have no inside knowledge, but I'd be shocked if the FM3 gets the pitch/virtual capo updates of the AxeFX III in a way that doesn't destroy everybody's presets due to CPU usage.

I got one a couple of years ago and finally got to use it live a few times in early 2020. I wished I'd had one about 5-10 years back when I used to use 3 guitars for 6 tunings! (standard and dropped D, 1/2 step down and dropped C#, whole step down and dropped C). The Drop works! Not sure I'd want to use it for more than a full step down but I've heard other guitarists say it works lower.

Got no room on my board.

I would say this is a critical feature to have for live on FM3, for AX3 portable users.......CMON FAS !! ;)

Back
Top Bottom