Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do retro personal computer / programming clubs exist? Bring-your-own vintage Apple-II, TRS-80, C-64/VIC/PET, TI, Atari, NeXT, PC, ...

BTW, the Axe-Fx III has about 100,000 times the processing speed of my old C-64!

View attachment 72347
My first computer was a KIM. It was a single board with a 6502 CPU and 128 Bytes of memory. You entered each byte with a hex keypad on the board. Later I had a Commodore PET a predecessor to the Commodore 64.

My first computer was a KIM. It was a single board with a 6502 CPU and 128 Bytes of memory. You entered each byte with a hex keypad on the board. Later I had a Commodore PET a predecessor to the Commodore 64.

Without wanting to de-rail the discussion on FWv14, can I just add that I still have a TRS-80 Model 1 complete with expansion interface, as well as an Atari 1040ST - and they both still work...!

Soldano+Les Paul (Tokai) + the right volume = Gary Moore natural Sustain :D
The new Solo 99 LB is very realistic and the Fractal modeling improvement is amazing.
The new Plexi 6CA7 sounds so real!!! Gives you the real "amp in the room" feeling!!!

You got me at Gary Moore! Now I'm going to have to try that out, just hope my Gibson LP can come remotely close to your Tokai!

I think if you let that sustain ring out then the video would have been an hour long! It was beautiful!

Soldano+Les Paul (Tokai) + the right volume = Gary Moore natural Sustain :D
The new Solo 99 LB is very realistic and the Fractal modeling improvement is amazing.
The new Plexi 6CA7 sounds so real!!! Gives you the real "amp in the room" feeling!!!
Great video! That one note you had hanging on for like 30 or 40 seconds with the Plexi 6CA7 amp model was impressive. That Love Rock looks and sounds great - no wonder Gibson was so annoyed with them in the '70s....

Great stuff!! Can't wait to get my hands on one. I originally started playing Metallica, Pantera and a few other metal bands, so I'm sure there's plenty of wow moments coming. However, I've nearly completed a uni course in music so this weapon of a machine will come in extremely handy for my own projects.

New firmware sounds amazing...but so did the old one! lol
Saw this post:
“I just downloaded the update and when i switched from stock preset 181 to 182 (DynamoFlanger) I got a ton of high pitched static at a very increased volume that required me to turn off the AX3 and power back on. When I did the issue resolved and wasn't repeatable. I will say that if I wasn't already awake, I am now!“

I had the same issue. Literally was the most hideous sound I have ever heard like a screeching feedback that got caught in its own loop (unresponsive to zero volume and preset changes - I had to switch the unit off then back on), but I have not been able to repeat it since that one time. Fortunately for the neighbors I was running through headphones at the time...anyone else experience this?

Hey Guys,

2 of my fav. presets include Hebert and Small Box, therefore I am a bit worried, fearing I wouldn't dial them again this good. Is there a drastic change in the sounds of these 2 amps?

Last edited:
You can still backup everything/record samples for reference, update, check, and go back if you don't like the new version

I tried to update with fractal bot and it kept freezing halfway through. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you in advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom