FM3 Midi Block - Can I make it switch faster?

Thanks guys!
I just updated to the Beta firmware.
I am going to add an expression pedal while the FM is hooked up to my computer, then I'll try out the Midi switching!

One thing I noticed while messing around in the FM Edit.
If I am on the Midi Block edit page and I change a Scene, the PC# does not update on the screen for approximately the same time as the delay I have when changing Scenes and amp channels.....
I wonder if Midi is the last thing that is processed by the FM3 during a Scene change.

The Bogner uses Momentary switching that is "Pulse Only," for channel switching.
If the Bogner needs to see a pulse, that seems to imply that it needs to see the signal turn on and then off before it changes channels. Could that delay between on and off be the source of your issue?

If the Bogner needs to see a pulse, that seems to imply that it needs to see the signal turn on and then off before it changes channels. Could that delay between on and off be the source of your issue?
I don't think so, but anything is possible.
It needs a Pulse because the switching is Momentary.
On the Voodoo Switcher, I needed to set it up so that it only Pulsed with the ON function and not the OFF function of the relay button.
This prevents the amp from seeing another relay closure for the previous channel when switching to the new one.
For instance: Clean Channel is Scene 1-3
LED on the Switcher is ON for Clean Channel
Scene 4 is chosen - Blue Channel on amp
If the Switcher is not set to Pulse the relay outputs, then a Momentary relay closure happens when the Clean LED turns off

On the RJM, the setting is different than the Voodoo. The Voodoo has a "Pulse ON" only setting.
On the RJM, there is a "Group" setting, which makes sure that any relay in the Group only sends the relay closure signal when it is selected. The RJM only lets one relay in the Group to be on at a time.

Hope this makes sense......

I upgraded the firmware and have the same delay.
I did calibrate my new EV-1 Expression Pedal while the FM was hooked up to the computer.
I have it set to control the Wah when I step on it.
It will take some time to get used to the extra travel of the EV-1, but I like how expressive it is.

I don't think so, but anything is possible.
It needs a Pulse because the switching is Momentary.
On the Voodoo Switcher, I needed to set it up so that it only Pulsed with the ON function and not the OFF function of the relay button.
This prevents the amp from seeing another relay closure for the previous channel when switching to the new one.
For instance: Clean Channel is Scene 1-3
LED on the Switcher is ON for Clean Channel
Scene 4 is chosen - Blue Channel on amp
If the Switcher is not set to Pulse the relay outputs, then a Momentary relay closure happens when the Clean LED turns off

On the RJM, the setting is different than the Voodoo. The Voodoo has a "Pulse ON" only setting.
On the RJM, there is a "Group" setting, which makes sure that any relay in the Group only sends the relay closure signal when it is selected. The RJM only lets one relay in the Group to be on at a time.

Hope this makes sense......

I upgraded the firmware and have the same delay.
I did calibrate my new EV-1 Expression Pedal while the FM was hooked up to the computer.
I have it set to control the Wah when I step on it.
It will take some time to get used to the extra travel of the EV-1, but I like how expressive it is.
I didn’t follow all of that, but if it needs a pulsed signal to change channels, does it trigger on the rising edge of that pulse, or on the falling edge, which happens later?

I guess "Pulse" is not really a good word to use, sorry. That's what Voodoo Lab calls it.
Really, it is a simple Momentary contact closure/relay closing.
No signal goes into the amp from the switcher.

I guess "Pulse" is not really a good word to use, sorry. That's what Voodoo Lab calls it.
Really, it is a simple Momentary contact closure/relay closing.
No signal goes into the amp from the switcher.
Understood.

I am currently facing a similar problem with my FM3 when changing channels on my amp, did you get any results after your last post? Thank you!

I use the FM3 with my Mesa Triple Crown 50 in a 4CM and also made the channel change via midi too, after the update 3.02 I notice the channel change is super slow taking like a 3 seconds, before was perfect like a 1 sec or maybe less. Any person notice this issue?

I use the FM3 with my Mesa Triple Crown 50 in a 4CM and also made the channel change via midi too, after the update 3.02 I notice the channel change is super slow taking like a 3 seconds, before was perfect like a 1 sec or maybe less. Any person notice this issue?
I’ve been using my FM3 just an hour ago with firmware 3.02 and didn’t find that issue. Midi changes were as always - not perfectly fast - but not slower than before update.

By the way, I have been A/B’ing FM3 amp channel changes via midi and HX Stomp amp changes via Midi.

Hx Stomp has also a noticeable latency in amp channel changes via midi+relay when changing presets, but It is incredibly fast when changing snapshots (scenes). The change is fast and seamless.

Back
Top Bottom