FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 3

Sorry, @Moke. We'll definitely look at other options for the future but something had to be sacrificed to alleviate current issues. Like I've said before, the FM3 is built on a powerful platform but it's just not as powerful as the Axe-Fx III. Striking a balance is a process.

Seems like an additional, dedicated core for the reverbs would have been nice.
Oh wait... That's what the Axe FX III is for...

Sorry, @Moke. We'll definitely look at other options for the future but something had to be sacrificed to alleviate current issues. Like I've said before, the FM3 is built on a powerful platform but it's just not as powerful as the Axe-Fx III. Striking a balance is a process.

Bryant will this help with porting other features going fwd do you auspect
like for instance drive block
pitch block does this help that or are we still not out of the woods yet
so to speak

The Multitap Delay still has Diffusion parameters with no side effects.
True, but the Delay blocks run on the same processor as the Amp block (hence the issue?). The Multitap Delay runs on the main processor, so it will effect the CPU way more. Not as much as the Reverb block, but likely still too much as the affected presets are already right on the edge using the Delay as a reverb.

I will explore any alternatives after updating. Thanks for the suggestion.

An 'Economy' mode in the Pitch block (like in the AX8) might help in some presets?

True, but the Delay blocks run on the same processor as the Amp block (hence the issue?). The Multitap Delay runs on the main processor, so it will effect the CPU way more. Not as much as the Reverb block, but likely still too much as the affected presets are already right on the edge using the Delay as a reverb.

I will explore any alternatives after updating. Thanks for the suggestion.

An 'Economy' mode in the Pitch block (like in the AX8) might help in some presets?
Ah that's a bummer Moke, I know I liked what you did to that one preset by using a 2nd delay block instead of reverb. That of course led to the issues of the preset locking up, but the right idea and logic were there.

Hopefully you're able to figure something out.

Loaded b3 and new FM3 Edit, no issues :) ......will get around to the new presets :)
Loving the new Preset leveller panel...you can leave it as an "overlay" and check scene volumes, thank you !!!

there is only one version of Banks for Version 1.6, correct ? I loaded them at beta 2.........so no need to redo ?

Ah, sad that the "Diffusion" Parameter is gone. Was happy that I do not necessarily need the Multitap Delay to fake an additional reverb.
For the other stuff - looks good, will give it a spin this weekend.

The beta team has tested and signed off on USB issues.

Not to be too cynical, but the beta team also signed off on usb/recording issues for 1.03, 1.04, and 1.05... Let’s see if the users uncover any issues and let’s hope the issues are finally behind us once and for all.

I’ll load it up and give it a go this weekend. Thanks for the continued hard work on the FM3.

There's really no reason for speculation.
Perhaps not, but when the FM3 was originally announced, we were told that the only differences we would notice between this and the Axe III are that fewer blocks could be used per preset and that some of the "inauthentic" amp parameters would not be available. Now we see that the effects blocks themselves may be getting the skinny treatment.

You know what would be cool if possible? Have a preset that only has one block available for reverb that can utilize most if not all of the FM3's capability so you could use that effect as a pedal or in the loop of your real amp...
Seems like an additional, dedicated core for the reverbs would have been nice.
Oh wait... That's what the Axe FX III is for...

Back
Top Bottom