Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 13.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the diffusion time parameter set at 100% causing this, as I already reported here:

For now just turn it down a bit (if this is the same issue)
My noise issues are back. The diffusion time parameter set at 100% doesn't seem to be the issue for me. None of my delays use the diffusion time parameter set at 100%. I'm also getting a metallic (digital) type of noise while changing scenes.

Ready for 14 but honestly after the Precision Drive was released we are in “icing on the cake” territory. I might not need any future updates (don’t quote me on that).

Anyone want to load this preset up and see if you get the same noise issues Im getting?

Attachments

• T T1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
Just need to load preset and leave unit sit for an hour to experience the problem you're having? Or something else?
The issue is constant now. It seems like it just magically appeared and now it wont go away. Lots of noise, if you cant hear it in general listen to the delay repeats. It's very prominent for me. Im also getting a metallic (digital) type of noise when changing scenes while guitar stings are ringing out.

Yeah, I think I may be getting this too - try the attached preset. Having bypassed most blocks for clarity you can hear the noise on Out 1. Sounds like a rogue resonance on the delays. If I switch delay block from Stereo Tape to anything else and then switch back to Stereo Tape again the noise has gone.
No big deal just sounds like same issue.
Make sure you post this as a bug so it can get fixed please.

Thanks...Looking forward to your findings.
So I just have input 1 as the source (nothing connected to the USB you have setup) and played a series of chords and single note stuff while changing scenes on the FC with a Strat and a LP and I am not getting any metallic or digital sounds. Sorry :(

So I just have input 1 as the source (nothing connected to the USB you have setup) and played a series of chords and single note stuff while changing scenes on the FC with a Strat and a LP and I am not getting any metallic or digital sounds. Sorry :(
Try letting your guitar strings ring out or just be playing the guitar while you change back and forth between the first and second scene repeatedly.

The issue is constant now. It seems like it just magically appeared and now it wont go away. Lots of noise, if you cant hear it in general listen to the delay repeats. It's very prominent for me. Im also getting a metallic (digital) type of noise when changing scenes while guitar stings are ringing out.
Everything is working fine here. Are you running a DAW while experiencing these issues? Any chance you've created a feedback loop with your DAW sending signal back into the preset via the In USB connection?

As for artifacts on scene change: with Axe-Edit III paused and changing scenes while playing using my FC6, I have no artifact issues. With Axe-Edit III unpaused there are hiccups on scene change as Axe-Edit III re-reads the state of the unit. This is a known issue and it's recommended you pause Axe-Edit if you need to improve scene change characteristics.

Try letting your guitar strings ring out or just be playing the guitar while you change back and forth between the first and second scene repeatedly.
You're changing channels on Delay 2 on scene 1 <> 2 change. Even with the algorithm being the same between the scenes, the parameters are changing quite by quite a wide margin. This can cause step functions to occur and you'll get audible artifacts. There are different ways to approach this. Easiest is to use a third delay block for Scene 2 so a scene 1 -> 2 change mutes the two delays and unmutes the third instead of changing the channel on an active delay. There are other options to make this work better than can be explored, but that's the easiest way to approach it.

Everything is working fine here. Are you running a DAW while experiencing these issues? Any chance you've created a feedback loop with your DAW sending signal back into the preset via the In USB connection?

As for artifacts on scene change: with Axe-Edit III paused and changing scenes while playing using my FC6, I have no artifact issues. With Axe-Edit III unpaused there are hiccups on scene change as Axe-Edit III re-reads the state of the unit. This is a known issue and it's recommended you pause Axe-Edit if you need to improve scene change characteristics.
No DAW is being used. The USB block is just there for testing purposes. I have removed the USB block and the issue is still there. The issue is the same regardless if AXE Edit is running or not.

No DAW is being used. The USB block is just there for testing purposes. I have removed the USB block and the issue is still there. The issue is the same regardless if AXE Edit is running or not.
Can you record what you're hearing? Everything sounds fine here, but what I'm calling fine might be what you think sounds off?

Yeah I am still not hearing anything out of place here doing that over and over for a while! :) I think that @iaresee suggestion to record something is a good one.

Yes I can. But can I upload an audio file on here? Ive tried before in the past and it wouldn't let me.
Post it to SoundCloud or Google Drive and link to it. We don't have enough storage space to allow audio uploads, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom