Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 13.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be due to the modifier attack and release parameters defaulting to 10ms though.

I'd try setting them at zero and attaching the modifier to something where you can eventually hear or see the "steps" (e.g. whammy control or delay time).
I'll let @FractalAudio chime in here, but you can do your own tests for this if you disagree with me and report your findings if you like -- I'm not taking work suggestions from you at this point in time. I'm reporting what's done during beta testing and can tell you the test scenarios I regularly run are identical.

I'll let @FractalAudio chime in here, but you can do your own tests for this if you disagree with me and report your findings if you like -- I'm not taking work suggestions from you at this point in time. I'm reporting what's done during beta testing and can tell you the test scenarios I regularly run are identical.
I don't necessarily disagree, I just pointed out a thing to consider when evaluating the differences.
I have no interest in doing such tests since I don't use a midi controller anymore and the resolution doesn't really matter in most use cases thanks to the "smoothing" done by the attack and release parameters.

What's certain is that an expression pedal connected thru midi can only have 128 discrete values, the question is if the pedal jacks on the axe and FC have a higher resolution since they can avoid the limitations of the midi protocol (knowing Cliff I'd be surprised if they don't)

Double check please? Because this works 100% correctly here.

For reference, here are my settings from the MIDI settings menu:
View attachment 72148

View attachment 72149

And on the wah block, the controller settings is as follows:

View attachment 72150

This has worked correctly, without issue, since the 1.00 firmware for external controllers.

Note: this assumes you have the controller setup to bypass on "heel down" on the pedal. If you prefer "toe down" for bypass (like @austinbuddy defaults to in his preset packs), you'll want to set the default value for the external controller to 100%, not 0%.

it didn't work completely for me

Look the video

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-09-02 at 1.58.22 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-09-02 at 1.58.22 PM (1).jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 13
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-09-02 at 1.58.22 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-09-02 at 1.58.22 PM.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 13
it didn't work completely for me

Look the video

Ah, I see what you're doing.

The defaults are only available if the unit is powered up without an FC (and hence expression pedals) available.

To @FractalAudio to decide if disconnecting an FC without powering down like this should do something different, I suppose.

What real world use case is there where you need to unplug the FC while the AxeFX is switched on?

Not all of us are so careful about that subject. The second thing I can say is that I disconnect it that way to show the defect, when turning on the ax FXIII without the FC controller the same thing happens.

when turning on the ax FXIII without the FC controller the same thing happens
That should not be the case. If the FC is not connected when the unit power ups the default 0% value for the external controller should be used.

Please post a screen shot of the controller assignment on your wah block in the preset?

would an attack and release time being exactly the same cause this?? those values look wonky to me....
10 ms? That’s the default IIRC. Shouldn’t matter.

@victorurrutiar the settings changes I’ve provided should ensure your wah is bypassed if you start your III without the FC attached. These settings work with 100% consistency here. If they do not work in this scenario for you please post the preset and your system dump file so we can take a look at precisely how you have things configured.

If you remove your FC without powering down the III I don’t actually know what expected behavior is in this case. @FractalAudio or @Admin M@ might be able to comment on what expected behavior is in this situation.

I changed the configuration as you told me but the problem remained the same. I already give up on this issue jajajajajaj. Thanks for your time.

Do one of the following:

A. Select a "speed" (SPD) autoengage option instead of position (POS)

or

B. Enable PC Reset for this modifier,

Here's a recent thread where this problem was actually solved, apparently:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/annoying-problem-bug-wah-block-content-not-resolved.163608/

Note the last post (mine) in the thread which the OP hasn't commented on yet. On the Axe-FX II an init. value of 100% will avoid the first preset having wah engaged when powering on, so this might work on the III as well.

Do one of the following:

A. Select a "speed" (SPD) autoengage option instead of position (POS)

or

B. Enable PC Reset for this modifier,

Here's a recent thread where this problem was actually solved, apparently:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/annoying-problem-bug-wah-block-content-not-resolved.163608/

Note the last post (mine) in the thread which the OP hasn't commented on yet. On the Axe-FX II an init. value of 100% will avoid the first preset having wah engaged when powering on, so this might work on the III as well.
Great catch.

And, I think you're correct on using initial value of 100% and an auto-off at 100% instead of 0% working when the FC is pulled without power cycling the unit.

I'm encountering serious noise issues all of a sudden on 13.03. Seems to be related to the delay block but I am unsure. I walked away from my AXE-FX III (left the power on) for about a hour. When I came back it was all messed up with noise. Anyone experiencing noise issues?

I'm encountering serious noise issues all of a sudden on 13.03. Seems to be related to the delay block but I am unsure. I walked away from my AXE-FX III (left the power on) for about a hour. When I came back it was all messed up with noise. Anyone experiencing noise issues?
I had to do a system parameters reset. It fixed the proplem aparently...fingers crossed that the issue doesnt return.

Yeah, I think I may be getting this too - try the attached preset. Having bypassed most blocks for clarity you can hear the noise on Out 1. Sounds like a rogue resonance on the delays. If I switch delay block from Stereo Tape to anything else and then switch back to Stereo Tape again the noise has gone.
No big deal just sounds like same issue.

Attachments

• Quadro delay noise.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Yeah, I think I may be getting this too - try the attached preset. Having bypassed most blocks for clarity you can hear the noise on Out 1. Sounds like a rogue resonance on the delays. If I switch delay block from Stereo Tape to anything else and then switch back to Stereo Tape again the noise has gone.
No big deal just sounds like same issue.
It's the diffusion time parameter set at 100% causing this, as I already reported here:
@FractalAudio just found a bug: in the delay block, setting diffusion time to 100% produces a nasty metallic ringing sound, which disappears if set to 99.9%

For now just turn it down a bit (if this is the same issue)

^ well that certainly stops the noise (& thanks) but the preset didn't have this issue before the current firmware. It's a pretty unpleasant sound I wouldn't have edited in! :)
Easy fix tho.👍

^ well that certainly stops the noise (& thanks) but the preset didn't have this issue before the current firmware. It's a pretty unpleasant sound I wouldn't have edited in! :)
Easy fix tho.👍
Yep, I think it's a bug and it will probably be fixed in the next release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom