FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 2

Also, what’s the current status of any of the feedback issues? If the guitar cable is anywhere near the headphone cable (DT880 Pro)I get uncontrollable squealing. In my case I’m connected via USB to a MacBook Pro.

Also, what’s the current status of any of the feedback issues? If the guitar cable is anywhere near the headphone cable (DT880 Pro)I get uncontrollable squealing. In my case I’m connected via USB to a MacBook Pro.
sounds like you need to send it back to have it "fixed" I had to, they were quick about it... just my initial thought, email them... they respond SUPER fast

sounds like you need to send it back to have it "fixed" I had to, they were quick about it... just my initial thought, email them... they respond SUPER fast
Yes, sorry I missed this earlier. @GaryMcT, please contact support: https://www.fractalaudio.com/getting-help/

Seems there are very few problems with FM3. Problems usually stem from user error or problems with other connected hardware or software. I'm a happy camper so far with my unit but bring on the updates anyway! 🤗

Whats that feedback issue, could you describe in more detail? Do you know if it's a single isolated case or a known manufacturing issue?

It's a hardware issue with a "small number" of the headphone units. It's not a problem with the non-headphone version. I had to send mine in for repair. See this thread.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-feedback-with-high-gain-headphone-version.162431/

There's also a Gear Page thread with info describing the problem in more detail and diagnosing whether you have the problem. I'm not going to link it here. You can search for it yourself.

In my experience, the issue only occurred if I turned the gain levels up to nuclear meltdown, you'll never use that much gain, levels. I decided to send it in for repair anyway just because I didn't want any risk of it potentially developing into a greater problem later (which may not even be possible). If you don't have any problems, I would not worry about it.

It's a hardware issue with a "small number" of the headphone units. It's not a problem with the non-headphone version. I had to send mine in for repair. See this thread.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-feedback-with-high-gain-headphone-version.162431/

There's also a Gear Page thread with info describing the problem in more detail and diagnosing whether you have the problem. I'm not going to link it here. You can search for it yourself.

In my experience, the issue only occurred if I turned the gain levels up to nuclear meltdown, you'll never use that much gain, levels. I decided to send it in for repair anyway just because I didn't want any risk of it potentially developing into a greater problem later (which may not even be possible). If you don't have any problems, I would not worry about it.

I see, thank you! Will check that out.

This is crosstalk between the cables. Nothing we can do about that. You need to either separate the cables and/or use better shielded cables.

The 1.6 beta firmware has pops and clicks when i try to record using any DAW, regardless...... makes it unusable as an audio interface...really frustrating because I paid a lot for it and I really love the sound quality of the processing. I am really worried that it will never be usable as a device that i can use to record with into a DAW...is the problem actually fixable? or is the hardware broken? I wish i could return it and pay the extra for an axe fx 3. But that will never happen i guess.

The 1.6 beta firmware has pops and clicks when i try to record using any DAW, regardless...... makes it unusable as an audio interface...really frustrating because I paid a lot for it and I really love the sound quality of the processing
I have some issues with this as well. I think they're still trying to work out the direct to USB recording. Only thing is, some people are able to record via USB just fine so it's probably a complicated issue.

That being said, going through another interface will work for the FM3. I know, not ideal, but it does work.

Hopefully something comes out soon to resolve the issues :)

The 1.6 beta firmware has pops and clicks when i try to record using any DAW, regardless...... makes it unusable as an audio interface...really frustrating because I paid a lot for it and I really love the sound quality of the processing. I am really worried that it will never be usable as a device that i can use to record with into a DAW...is the problem actually fixable? or is the hardware broken? I wish i could return it and pay the extra for an axe fx 3. But that will never happen i guess.
Well, there are many folks here that are trusting Fractal to fix it, and being patient.

In your case, you might want to seek your FM3 and get the Axe. That would be more productive than passive-aggressively venting your regrets.

Back
Top Bottom