FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize this is a public beta, but does this mean we will still not have the now-months-old AXE-III updates to the pitch block in the final release?
Not in the 1.06 release, which will be far from the final FM3 release. Please keep in mind the FM3 is not the Axe-Fx III. Both are powerful platforms and we pack as much as we can into the FM3.

Last edited:
Thank you guys so much for the work you put into this! I'm running Logic Pro on a newer MacBook Pro. The USB issues are much, much better, but I'm still getting some artifacts/glitching every so often. I'm trying some changes to the buffer size and whatnot, but let me know what specific info might be helpful.
Thanks again!

Thank you guys so much for the work you put into this! I'm running Logic Pro on a newer MacBook Pro. The USB issues are much, much better, but I'm still getting some artifacts/glitching every so often. I'm trying some changes to the buffer size and whatnot, but let me know what specific info might be helpful.
Thanks again!
How long is your USB cable?

On the positive side, my USB problems are fixed! I did some recording tonight and playback is fine (no more garbled sound and 1/2 step pitch warping), recording is fine (no more buffer dropout) and reamping works just fine, too.

hey guys.

i've confirmed that parameters in the Amp and Delay blocks don't work with any Modifier Sources. so this means Control Switches, which were mentioned, but also anything else like External Controllers, LFO, etc. this will no doubt be fixed in the next version.

i've also confirmed that Expression Pedal data through an external MIDI controller and passed to the MIDI In port are not recognized by the FM3 in this beta. for example, setting your MIDI Controller to send CC#16 from a connected Expression Pedal, setting External Controller 1 to CC#16, then assigning Volume in a Volume block to External Controller 1 - it doesn't get the Pedal data.
afaik, these are the only outstanding bugs. definitely let us know if you experience anything else. thanks!

Last edited:
Have an odd minor tuner issue. With my guitar in standard tuning the tuner works perfect.
With my guitar tuned a 1/2 step down my A string is showing string #6 instead of #5.
DFDA367C-3234-4322-8DB2-2375EEF88CEB.jpeg

Checking the new v1.06b firmware. This is a preset that didn't work with firmware 1.05, as the FM3 froze while I loaded it. Now, with firmware 1.06 beta, it works perfectly, even if I added a modifier on amp gain + a wha to stress test it ! Two modifiers used to freeze my FM3 in firmware 1.05 : controlling input gain (and other continuous stuff, not switches) in the Amp block, and controlling delay master feedback with envelope. It's not the case anymore, so I'll soon be able to release a few complex presets

Have an odd minor tuner issue. With my guitar in standard tuning the tuner works perfect.
With my guitar tuned a 1/2 step down my A string is showing string #6 instead of #5.
View attachment 71619
I think A is the lowest it’d expect for the 5th string, so Ab it may think it’s a lower string. Maybe not a bug. Personally I don’t understand the whole “show what string you’re on” thing. But this may just be how it is and not a bug. Did it show the 5th string before in older firmware?

I think A is the lowest it’d expect for the 5th string, so Ab it may think it’s a lower string. Maybe not a bug. Personally I don’t understand the whole “show what string you’re on” thing. But this may just be how it is and not a bug. Did it show the 5th string before in older firmware?
Never noticed it before but doesn’t mean it wasn’t there. You’re probably right it’s just the way it is. It’s fine with my guitar in standard tuning. Doesn’t bother me a bit I just happened to notice it so figured I’d mention it to see if anyone else’s behaves the same way.

Not in the 1.06 release, which will be far from the final FM3 release. Please keep in mind the FM3 is not the Axe-Fx III. Both are powerful platforms and we pack as much as we can into the FM3.

Thanks for these comments, It has confirmed my thoughts that the FM3 will always be fairly limited in comparison to the AxeIII and not a floor version of the full fat device (like the Kemper floor or Helix floor). So Ive dropped off the FM3 waitlist and joined the AxeIII one. I don’t want to end up frustrated with limited firmware capability and updates like I did with the AX8 and FX8.

Last edited:
3 bugs??
1ºWhen I use my FM3 as soundcard all the audio is saturated and noisy
2ºthe MIDI IN led is always on.
3º Can't hear anything if I try to reamp.

Last edited:
FM3 Firmware 1.06 Public Beta 1

Please note that this is a beta release. Before installing a beta release it is recommended you do a full backup of your presets, user cabs, and system configuration using Fractal-Bot. We welcome and encourage feedback.

• Input 1 Source setting will no longer affect Input 2.

Hi Bryant !

Does the fix of " Input 1 Source setting will no longer affect Input 2 " in this Beta fix the "squealing / high pitched feedback issue" -or- does that still require a hardware fix by Fractal ?

Thanks,
Ben

I don’t think it was ever presented that way, right?

No it wasn’t, but I feel that a lot of the great future developments in the AxeIII such as pitch and drive block updates might not all make it to FM3 due to cpu/hardware limits. Current cab block isn’t ultra res yet,etc. For contrast almost all the AxefxII blocks and updates were available in the AX8 until the AX8 developer left and firmware updates stopped - that might be because their CPU difference wasn’t so large between AX8 and AxeII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom