AFIII Highlights from last night's show (using Axe FX III)... Featuring Rush, AC/DC, G n R, Boston, Billy Idol, Metallica, Def Leppard, Journey and more!!!

diezel013

Inspired

Just pluggin' in the Axe FX III straight into the house. Featuring my Angus Lead patch for Highway to Hell, my Alex Lifeson patch for Tom Sawyer, my Boston and Def Leppard patches (Thanks to Leon Todd's Rockman tonematch... THANK YOU LEON), my Crunch Berries patch for Metallica, and more.

I've included timestamps in the comment section for your convenience :)

Not the greatest recording in the world, but if you wanted one of these patches I'm happy to share them with you for free... All that I ask is that you kindly subscribe to my channel. It means a lot and helps a ton to grow the audience.

Thank you kindly,

Diego!!!

Attachments

• Angus Lead.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 74
Awesome and great...which FC on, FC6 or FC12?...cheers~!

Actually a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro... It'd be great to have a FC unit but I was on a budget and found a GCP for like $230 on reverb. Couldn't pass it up. A bit more work to set up but it has worked really well!!!

Happy to share the sounds I've been using. Keep in mind, some bands I do a bit more research into the rig, but some I find something that works for me and go from there. With the Boston preset you're going to need to download Leon Todd's Rockman cab blocks

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/rockman-tone-match.146198/

For the preset I have loaded the "Rockman 4" cab block that Leon has provided (thanks again Leon). I've added a rotary speaker to give a cool optional effect during a solo. Still haven't attempted the Hyperspace effect that Tom Scholz created. I can reupload the patch once I've gotten that down. For the Skid Row I must admit I'm not entirely sure of what gear they used but this sounded really good to my ears. I'll include a clean, a rhythm and lead scene w delay. Hope ya dig these patches!!!

Thanks everybody!!!

P.S. - Noise gate and Enhancer on all the patches for stage logistics, but maybe for tracking you'll prefer them off or adjust to taste. I assign the wah block to pedal 1 but of course you can change or remove the wah if you wish.

Attachments

• GOOD TIME - POISON.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 18 & LIFE - SKID ROW.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Tom Scholz.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 60
Actually a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro... It'd be great to have a FC unit but I was on a budget and found a GCP for like $230 on reverb. Couldn't pass it up. A bit more work to set up but it has worked really well!!!

Happy to share the sounds I've been using. Keep in mind, some bands I do a bit more research into the rig, but some I find something that works for me and go from there. With the Boston preset you're going to need to download Leon Todd's Rockman cab blocks

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/rockman-tone-match.146198/

For the preset I have loaded the "Rockman 4" cab block that Leon has provided (thanks again Leon). I've added a rotary speaker to give a cool optional effect during a solo. Still haven't attempted the Hyperspace effect that Tom Scholz created. I can reupload the patch once I've gotten that down. For the Skid Row I must admit I'm not entirely sure of what gear they used but this sounded really good to my ears. I'll include a clean, a rhythm and lead scene w delay. Hope ya dig these patches!!!

Thanks everybody!!!

P.S. - Noise gate and Enhancer on all the patches for stage logistics, but maybe for tracking you'll prefer them off or adjust to taste. I assign the wah block to pedal 1 but of course you can change or remove the wah if you wish.
Hell yeah Thanks alot my dude. Great playing too.

Queston , I loaded up the presets but noticed its just throwing random cabs in the cab block. Is there certain cabs you was using?
Not sure what you're experiencing as all the cabs are stock with the exception of the Rockman thing I mentioned for the Tom Shultz Boston preset and then the IR Player in that Nuno preset I posted. I don't see why they wouldn't load.

Dude, lol, if you read my post earlier you would have seen that I specified you need to download Leon Todd's Rockman cabs.

Scene 1 Clean is using Rockman 4, Scene 2 Dirty Rhythm is using Rockman 3, and Scene 3 Lead is using Rockman 4. You can mute all other cabs. then you should be good. Keep in mind you'll want to make sure that Wah block is assigned however you want to use it. Then I would imagine everything should be working properly. Cheers

Very good sound play i'm interresed for def leppard guns' journey patch :p

Hey man, I'm unable to upload my patches right this second... I'll try to upload my Def Leppard preset later. Similar thing like the Boston preset. You'll want to download that Leon Todd Rockman pack https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/rockman-tone-match.146198/

G n R, honestly I just pulled up the #39 Marshall that is stock in the Axe FX 3, added some delay/verb and you've pretty much got a great Slash sound... Obviously guitar choice will affect how authentic it sounds. When I use a Gibson dual humbucking guitar it's pretty damn good.

For the Journey patch i initially downloaded Mark Day's awesome Journey patch and adjusted to taste. He's got a Dual Rec for the leads I believe... I opted for a IIC+ or the JP IIC+ which I know Neal is fond of, and went from there. Link to Mark Day's preset is below. (Thank you Mark for your awesome preset!!!)

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7895

Dude, lol, if you read my post earlier you would have seen that I specified you need to download Leon Todd's Rockman cabs.

Scene 1 Clean is using Rockman 4, Scene 2 Dirty Rhythm is using Rockman 3, and Scene 3 Lead is using Rockman 4. You can mute all other cabs. then you should be good. Keep in mind you'll want to make sure that Wah block is assigned however you want to use it. Then I would imagine everything should be working properly. Cheers
ok thanks man. I downloaded the rockman tone matches. I used to have one of those rockmans years ago too.

Hey Diego great tones in your live set. I have been looking everywhere for Guns n Rose’s preset. Could you upload yours? Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom