FM3: G66 availability?

The email about 3 week delay came 10 days ago, so there's still quite some time to reach this amount of days.
Unless something has changed, of course.

Second half of August is what Sussi said.
Fingers crossed!!
Did you contact them and hear that or are you just basing that on the 3 week delay? It's been exactly two weeks today since the email, I'm hopeful for next week! 😍 I am also painfully aware that we might not be talking about exactly three weeks but ehhhhhh

Did you contact them and hear that or are you just basing that on the 3 week delay? It's been exactly two weeks today since the email, I'm hopeful for next week! 😍 I am also painfully aware that we might not be talking about exactly three weeks but ehhhhhh
Email from G66! Sussi in person.

There was something recently on a FB
post that said august date was delayed till October but that could have been the AX3 stock

Sorry, but... No.

I have both AX8 and Axe Fx III and definitely there's difference in the quality of the modeling. The core tone is there between both units, but there are some subjective properties (those people like to describe with words like roundness, fat, hair, wapoosh, etc...) that takes the Ares generation to another level. Also, the drives are nicer in the III since the FASPICE XD update, not to mention the Chorus, Phaser and Flanger overhauls. The Pitch Shifter overhaul is another thing... TBH the Pitch block is the weakest link in the AX8 and asked Cliff if there's a chance to update those changes to the AX8 and the answer was no.

Don't get me wrong, the AX8 is still a stellar piece of gear, but to say "it's only CPU power and price" and "they all have the same algorithms for modeling and effects" is just plain wrong IMO.

If anything like that was true, I would be selling the Axe the very first time I compared it to the AX8 ( and it was a bare bones comparison, just amp and cab, so nothing fancy, to throw away the "yeah, the Axe's CPU is exponentially powerful, duh" thing).

I was reluctant to consider the FM3, given the 3-switch layout (still think AX8's layout and controls are perfectly designed) but my priorities are sound over form. Again, if "I" hadn't found any remarkable difference in sound between the AX8 and the III, then I wouldn't be insisting for the Ares update in the AX8 forum, but given that's just not gonna happen I guess there's an AX8 for sale in my area...
Sure this is true. OTOH I get stellar sounds with the II and am convinced even if FM3 is better it will take me some time to get the same sound of it. Or maybe it will be like moving from the ultra to the II where it was immediately evident. But the sound I get from the II now is way ahead of what I got from it in the beginning . Wait and see...

Enrolled August 16th, 2019 and received an invite for a unit without HP on June 17th. I passed and am currently waiting for the next batch with HP.

U know, it's really crazy. To every other company/ product I ( and I guess a lot of you) would say thank you, but I can't deal with this waiting list and delay stuff anymore, I ll move over to another similar product. But there is no similar product! That's why we all are still on the waiting list!

Reactions: Ole
U know, it's really crazy. To every other company/ product I ( and I guess a lot of you) would say thank you, but I can't deal with this waiting list and delay stuff anymore, I ll move over to another similar product. But there is no similar product! That's why we all are still on the waiting list!
Well, i'd like to inform you that the FM3 has plenty of competitors... Some, with arguably better UI.
And some people might actually argue that they sound pretty much just as good for way less money and no waitlist...

Now that I think of it... A stomp shaped real tube amp with a bunch of FX pedals can be considered a competitor to the FM3... kind of...This setup essentially does the same thing (Though less featured) in a similar space...

Last edited:
No similar product ? Depending on what you want/need, there’s lots of viable (and readily available) alternatives.

No similar product ? Depending on what you want/need, there’s lots of viable (and readily available) alternatives.
Well, In my opinion there is no equal product out there. But everyone is free to choose. So it should not b a problem if the product is currently not available ...take it easy!

Back
Top Bottom