Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 13.00 Public Beta

Not sure if it has to do with the beta but, after my last power recycle, all blocks (in any patch) connected to the "1" global block slot are reset with all values set to minimum. Anyone else have this issue? - looks like the G1 global slot got corrupted somehow.

Not sure if it has to do with the beta but, after my last power recycle, all blocks (in any patch) connected to the "1" global block slot are reset with all values set to minimum. Anyone else have this issue? - looks like the G1 global slot got corrupted somehow.

Not here.

This update is awesome. I put the precise drive instead of the ts808 without changing the amp and the difference is night an day. Exactly the sound I wanted and it really does behave the same way as the precision drive in the toneforge misha mansoor plugin.

has anyone tried the treble boosters?

I have my Axe flying on it's way to Spain now and I won't be able to try it until Saturday, really curious tho

thanks

Not for me...

You should be able to restore system settings to get it back.

Reactions: hmj
Anyone have an Amp/drive recommendation for a non-metal, distorted rock rhythm type tone? I just don’t know where to start with all these drives.

Any of the Marshall derivatives will get you there but I prefer the Brit 800 #34 or 1987x Treble with the Eternal Love and Super OD but any of the overdrives will get you there, depends on the gain structure you want. These are the overdrives that I've found to work great into a Marshallish amps:

Eternal Love, Fat Rat (low drive setting), Super OD, T808, and Tube Drive 3-knob. The new Tape Distortion sounds great as well as an OD with low drive setting.

As far as approaching the overwhelming options in the Axe III, look at the Axe as a store that you have unlimited credit in with all of the amps and pedals in the Axe in stock. Then find bands or guitarists that have the tone you're looking for and Google the rigs/gear they use. Go into the Axe "store" and put the rig together.

Not for me...

You should be able to restore system settings to get it back.
Thanks - I was able to get everything back but was a bit concerned for a while there that something physical had happened. To avoid system backup file restores, I keep duplicates of my main presets containing globals in the unit with all globals unlinked after save in order to be able to restore copies of global blocks if I need to (usually because I screwed up and overwrote something I did not intend to, but in this case, something seems to have gone off the rails internally as every global slot # 1 block was corrupted (unless its possible to inadvertently do something with that effect via AxeEdit)). As I used to say in my software development days - "I'll add this to my UFO list"

To avoid system backup file restores, I keep duplicates of my main presets containing globals in the unit with all globals unlinked after save in order to be able to restore copies of global blocks if I need to

yup, that’s the right way to do it.

Aaah, I want to try it out, but I think I shouldn't play for a while (huge swelling on my elbow, inflammation probably... :confused: )

Thanks for the updated Drive blocks and the general effort to make this beautiful machine even better :)

Well... we have a lot of drives out there and it improves our boost life more chuggay! But I think that Cliff hides more weapons under the sleeve for Firmware 13.

Anyone have an Amp/drive recommendation for a non-metal, distorted rock rhythm type tone? I just don’t know where to start with all these drives.
Try this. I tweaked it using my Les Paul with Throbak PAF's

Attachments

• Box O' Crunch.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 21
When I installed the update, my drives were all really wonky. My go to drives are the Tone of Kings and the T808, and in both cases when I turned those drives on there was barely any boost in gain or volume. I found that if I deleted the Drive block and added it back, all of a sudden they started working properly. Is that normal?

Back
Top Bottom