Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 13.00 Public Beta

Had to downgrade to 12.13 to get the previous operation of the switches.

Haven't played hardly at all the past couple weeks due to life issues, so not terribly surprising that I didn't notice it sooner. Two deaths, my cousin and a friend, and my aunt (the cousin's mom) in the hospital in just the past two weeks....
Damn sorry to hear about your losses! Hang in there.
Lee

going to load up firmware 13 later today, have all the drives been ‘improved’ of just a few... I use the AC (Xotic) drive blocks.

going to load up firmware 13 later today, have all the drives been ‘improved’ of just a few... I use the AC (Xotic) drive blocks.

All diode-based Drive blocks are affected, including the ACB.

Some other types may have been improved / fixed too. Not entirely sure about that though.

Diode(s):
BB Pre | Blues OD | Box o’Crunch | Esoteric ACB | Esoteric RCB | Eternal Love | FAS Boost | FAS LED-Drive | Fat Rat | Full OD | Heartpedal 11 | Jam Ray | M-Zone Distortion | OD 250 | OD 250 Gray | Plus Distortion | Precise Drive | Rat Distortion | Shred Distortion | Suhr Riot Ge and LED/Si | Super OD | T808 Mod | T808 OD | TS9DX + | Timothy (all) | Tone of Kings | Zen Master
FET:
FET Boost | FET Preamp
Germanium:
Face Fuzz | Master Fuzz
Hard:
Bender Fuzz | Blackglass 7K | Hard Fuzz
LED:
Box o’Crunch | FAS LED-Drive | Fat Rat | Suhr Riot LED | Suhr Riot LED/Si
Op-amp:
Micro Boost | SDD Preamp
Silicon:
Bit Crusher | Mid Boost | PI Fuzz | Shimmer Drive | Tape Distortion | Treble Boost

Just had a run over all AB Naked Amps presets and can confirm that none of the presets broken due to increased CPU. Of course I did not have chance to try every scene, but I guess the CPU in the preset should already account for all blocks active.

As a guitarist and Fractal user, I absolutely love your relentless push to make these units even better. And can't wait to see what comes next.

As a vendor that just spent easily over a hundred hours, spread out over months of many late nights after work, finally almost finishing (again) updating my Axe-Fx III presets for the free firmware matched updates... I hate you!.. LOL;):mad:o_O:cool:

Can't wait to dig in and check out the improvements and the new models.. The already improved Amps, Flangers, Phasers, and Compressors have been awesome!
Hey Moke,

Is this to say then that you are all updated to the current non-beta FW 12.14?

I've been avoiding purchasing any of the Axe III presets due to each description saying they are updated to FW 4.03

Hey Moke,

Is this to say then that you are all updated to the current non-beta FW 12.14?

I've been avoiding purchasing any of the Axe III presets due to each description saying they are updated to FW 4.03
Unfortunately no... I had gone through many of them after some amp model changes, and then after the Flangers and Phasers had been redone. And then again when the Compressors were redone. etc.... Now I am uncertain what status each preset is in.... So I really need to start all over to be sure. Some are probably up to around 12.0??

I was in a hurry, and was spreading out the edits over many different short sessions, which I hate to do. I should have made better notes...

Last edited:
Unfortunately no... I had gone through many of them after some amp model changes, and then after the Flangers and Phasers had been redone. Then again when the Compressors were redone. etc.... Now I am uncertain what status each preset is in.... So I really need to start all over to be sure. Some are probably up to around 12.0??

I was in a hurry, and was spreading out the edits over many different short sessions, which I hate to do. I should have made better notes...
Yeah I hear ya.. I'm in a spreadsheet coding hell at the moment working on a sheet I built a while back and my notes sucked.. having to fully step through everything.. pain in the booty

I'm definitely interested in getting a few more of your presets once they're updated though :)

I can't even get that file to load into a III running 12.14 -- are you certain that's the pre-13.00b1version of the preset? The backup I asked you to post? I'm not sure it is.

I don't see any bugs with the LFO settings going from 12.14 to 13.00b1 in the test I ran. Unless you can show the difference before and after, there's no bug here -- just a complicated setup that is, as I've already said, fragile. Hard to get right, possibly hard to keep right across firmware changes.

Maybe reconsider the abosolute need for two switches to change the speed of a rotary effect and live with less fragility in your presets?

I can't even get that file to load into a III running 12.14 -- are you certain that's the pre-13.00b1version of the preset? The backup I asked you to post? I'm not sure it is.

I don't see any bugs with the LFO settings going from 12.14 to 13.00b1 in the test I ran. Unless you can show the difference before and after, there's no bug here -- just a complicated setup that is, as I've already said, fragile. Hard to get right, possibly hard to keep right across firmware changes.

Maybe reconsider the abosolute need for two switches to change the speed of a rotary effect and live with less fragility in your presets?
I may have saved it with the '-LFO' added to the title. Will re-load from backup and export again, without saving.

I may have saved it with the '-LFO' added to the title. Will re-load from backup and export again, without saving.
In digging a bit more into this, noticed that the phase of the Output B was correct until the CS2 was disturbed, then from there out, it was upside-down. Looked into the modifier on Output B Phase, and CS2's rest state is at the top right corner of the line, rather than the bottom left, and stepping on it makes it move to the bottom left. Switching the polarity of the external switch (a Mosky dual momentary switch) seems to fix it.

Not sure why that would change from 12.13 to 12.14, but didn't notice it until yesterday, which is pretty much the first time in a couple weeks I had touched my guitar gear, due to life sucking extra hard recently....

Thx Cliff for this work on the drives!

BTW, maybe it's simply nostalgia... but I had on one of my early pedalboard, a T-REX Moller, a Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe and a Fulldrive OCD v1.2 on there and it seems I am not able to completely reproduce any of these with the Axe...

As I said, probably simply nostalgia/psychological... and/or my lack of talent with programming presets!

Cheers,
Joce

The Moller is a Tube Screamer "inspired" pedal (cough, cough...copy), and not a great one at that, absolutely nothing special or magical in the Moller - try one of the TS pedals in the Axe instead

If you re-read my original post about this, I never said 'bug'. I simply reported an observation of a change in behavior. I have since traced it to the Mosky switch needing 'reverse' polarity, and that the older 12.13 -> 12.14 firmware upgrade was when the change in behavior actually occurred. Apparently there was a bit of weirdness in the normal/reverse polarity setting for the switches, which is corrected in the change.

No fragility here. The logic from @Bakerman's suggested method for achieving this is rock solid. The issue was the stand-in switch's unknown polarity, the config's incorrect setting, and the earlier firmware's weirdness surrounding that....

Another thank you for the Box o' Crunch. I always turn on the input boost of Boogie amps and set the model to Neutral with not much gain cause it just adds that little something. Now Box o' Crunch drive in front of the amp gets pretty much the same result with minimal tweaking and no touching the drives EQ at all. Never was able to find the right drive model to do that before.

Last edited:
hello is it safe to install beta firmware? i’m really interested in this update,drive blocks is the section i like less in axe

Back
Top Bottom