Flubby Bass...how to remedy?

there are tons of ways to in the fx-8 to adjust eq, but there is no fits all amps, and effects, and all cabs setting. I would try to get the amp eq as close as you can before adjusting it in the fx-8. Unless it is only 1 effect in the fx-8 that is creating the flub.

To reduce flub, cut the amount of low end going into the amp or drive. How are you running the FX8? In front of the amp, in the FX loop, or 4 cable method?

Try a filter block in front of the amp set to a gentle low cut filter at around 80 to 100 Hz or so. That should tighten things up. If the tone is then lacking in low end you can then add an EQ block in the Amp's FX loop to boost the low end back up a bit, post distortion.

Try a filter block in front of the amp set to a gentle low cut filter at around 80 to 100 Hz or so. That should tighten things up. If the tone is then lacking in low end you can then add an EQ block in the Amp's FX loop to boost the low end back up a bit, post distortion.
THat worked on a lot of them, Thanks!

One of my rigs is a Mesa Dual Rectifier (very flubby amp) with an FX-8 Mark II connected thru 4CM. To cut the flub, I used one of the tube screamers in the Drive block.

Back
Top Bottom