Using Control Switches with the FC-12

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
I need some help with the control switches set up on the FC-12.

I set up:
CS1 to Input Trim
CS2 to Input Boost
CS3 to Cut
CS4 to Fat
CS5 to Saturation

They all work fine for turning on or off these functions, but now I can’t save any of the on/off states for these functions in the different scenes.

For instance if I turn on the input boost in scene 1 with the FC-12 and save that scene, it is turned off if I go to another scene and then back to that scene.

How do I save different on/off state for the CS1 - CS5 buttons for each scene and make them stick when I go back and forth between scenes? Is it possible?

Last edited:
Thanks Bakerman! I found what is described on page 13 on the actual Axe FXIII and got it to work, but I can not figure out how to do it with Axe Edit. Is this ability not available in Axe Edit?

Last edited:
My original post has been answered and solved. I have another question:

I have a Friedman amp for channel 1 scene 1, and the same Friedman model, but with completely different amp settings for channel 2 scene 2. Works great no problems.

I set control switch 1 to input trim for the amp in channel A. I want the input trim for channel A of the amp to be +6db and the input trim of the amp in channel B to be -6db. Whatever values I set the modifier min and max settings to for the amp in channel 1, is automatically set to the exact same values for all 4 amp channels.

I want to use control switch 1 on the input trim and have the input trim for channel A of the amp to be +6db and the input trim of the amp in channel B to be -6db. Is this possible? If so how?

Last edited:
What's the goal of having a control switch as input trim modifier? Are you wanting to toggle between +6 or -6 dB and some other value without changing scenes?

Yes. For the channel 1 amp I want to be able to toggle the input trim between 0 and 6db. For the channel 2 amp I want to be able to toggle the input trim between -6db and 0 db. If that's possible. If not, that's ok. I am trying to figure out what is and isn't possible.

Thanks Bakerman! So it isn't possible the way I was trying to do it?

One more question:
In Axe Edit under Controllers and then on CS per scene there us an option to choose on, off, or last.
The on and off worked as expected, but when I chose last nothing happened. For example with it set to last I turned on input boost in scene 1, then went to scene 2, then back to scene 1 expecting the input boost to be on because I had set it to last, but it was off. Am I misunderstanding how that function is supposed to work? I thought it would work like scene revert.

Note:
Until a few days ago I never used control switches at all and didn't even know what they were. I read where Austin Buddy had them set up for the amp functions I mentioned in my original post in the presets he sells, so I was setting up a layout with them set up, for when I buy some of his preset packs for the Axe XIII, and seeing how they work.

Thanks Bakerman! So it isn't possible the way I was trying to do it?

One more question:
In Axe Edit under Controllers and then on CS per scene there us an option to choose on, off, or last.
The on and off worked as expected, but when I chose last nothing happened. For example with it set to last I turned on input boost in scene 1, then went to scene 2, then back to scene 1 expecting the input boost to be on because I had set it to last, but it was off. Am I misunderstanding how that function is supposed to work? I thought it would work like scene revert.

Note:
Until a few days ago I never used control switches at all and didn't even know what they were. I read where Austin Buddy had them set up for the amp functions I mentioned in my original post in the presets he sells, so I was setting up a layout with them set up, for when I buy some of his preset packs for the Axe XIII, and seeing how they work.
I'm pretty sure last means use the last setting of the switch not last setting from in the scene.

So if I am understanding correctly, if you have a control switch attached to input trim, whatever you set the input trim values to, it's going to be those same values for all 4 amp channels? You can not have different modifier values for the input trim in different channels? You can have it set to be on / off/ or last for each scene though.

Last edited:
Right--it's one modifier applied to all channels, or just one channel while others use a fixed value.

(See link in post #11 for a preset that works around this using modifiers on scene controller values.)

The Footswitch Functions Guide is great to have. I didn't even know it existed and couldn't find it on the support page. Thanks in any case though.

Back
Top Bottom