FM3 ring LED question with scenes..

I wonder if it's possible that when in scenes mode, that each preset with however many loaded scenes, can have dimmed color rings for the currently inactive (but loaded) scene, while having the active scene fully illuminated?

That way for example if i have a preset loaded with let's say 4 scenes, that the first switch that i'm on, will be fully illuminated, while the second switch is dim but visible to 'remind me' that there's a scene loaded ready to go, and the 3rd switch would be completely off since there's no loaded scene.

Coming from an AX8, I believe this function was native in that unit with an2 LEDs per switch so one was a scene or switch was activated both LEDs were on and it not, only one led was on to show that the switch was loaded.

Hoping this makes sense to you all.

There are 8 scenes in every preset whether or not you use them. There's no such thing as a "loaded" scene.
This.

Every preset has exactly eight scenes — no more, no less. The FM3 has no way to know which scenes you intend to use and which ones you don’t intend to use.

This.

Every preset has exactly eight scenes — no more, no less. The FM3 has no way to know which scenes you intend to use and which ones you don’t intend to use.

I understand this, I’m not asking for more or less scenes. BUT

If there was a way to LET the FM3 know which and how many scenes i’ll be using in each preset, for example using scene manager and having all the inputs/outputs etc bypassed on whichever scene, could effectively do it, marking that scene as ‘disengaged/not-loaded’ this is currently what i’m doing in case of a mis-tap or too many taps when playing live, a muted signal would quickly let me know I’ve gone too far and/or hit the wrong button AND then, to be able to have dimmed LEDs on the ‘loaded’ but not activated one, that’d be swell!

Might not be a possibility.

I understand this, I’m not asking for more or less scenes. BUT

If there was a way to LET the FM3 know which and how many scenes i’ll be using in each preset, for example using scene manager and having all the inputs/outputs etc bypassed on whichever scene, could effectively do it, marking that scene as ‘disengaged/not-loaded’ this is currently what i’m doing in case of a mis-tap or too many taps when playing live, a muted signal would quickly let me know I’ve gone too far and/or hit the wrong button AND then, to be able to have dimmed LEDs on the ‘loaded’ but not activated one, that’d be swell!

Might not be a possibility.
Sounds like a Wish.

This actually could be a good idea... basically a toggle or checkbox that a scene is 'active' in the preset. Maybe it could also disable the switch that selects that scene if it isn't active. This could be useful in the Scenes Layout so like OP said you don't select scenes you aren't using in that preset by mistake. (or other layouts where you have a number of switches dedicated to Scenes)

Another way to do this would be to go into your Layout and put a Per Preset Override with some other function that you do want in that preset.

For people using a full Per Preset switch layout, this wouldn't be an issue because you wouldn't assign a scene to a switch unless you wanted to use it.

Back
Top Bottom