Wish Allow 6 instances of Vol/Pan, Drive, IR Player, Synth, Pitch and other blocks, for Hex-processing

Piing

Axe-Master
Six instances of DRIVE, Synth and IR loader to allow processing the strings separately. Not only for poly-distortion, but for modelling different pickups, guitars and other string instruments (what Roland calls V-Guitar) using the IR loader.

It may be not possible to get six AMP blocks (there is already a petition to allow 4 AMP blocks, but it has not been implemented), but six instances of DRIVE and IR loader would open a lot of possibilities. The Pitch and Compressor blocks would also expand the possibilities. Polyphonic Synth, alternate tunnings, and intelligent poly harmonizer! On that area, the Axe-FX III would surpass the Boss SY-1000, because at the new SY-1000 they have not included the inteligent poly-harmonizer that was available in older units like the Roland VG-99

There are split cables and split boxes that offer 6 separate connections from the hex-pickups. These 6 analog signals can be connected to 3 stereo inputs of the Axe-FX and process them separately. There are six lines at the Axe-FX III grid! :)

There are more than 40,000 users at vguitarforums.com. There is a substantial niche market there

Last edited:
I LOVE my SY. LOVE IT. But I would (also) love the III to get polyphonic synth capability. With as much processing power as it has on tap; is it a possibility? If so; I'd go back to the rack in a hot minute.

+1

In general, I think the number of blocks allowed should be increased across the board to allow more possibilities. What if I really want 6 compressors, or 8 volume blocks. Why not allow it if the CPU can handle it?

The H9000 doesn't have these types of limitations.... Put as many or as few of one block/algorithm as you like until you max out...

+1

In general, I think the number of blocks allowed should be increased across the board to allow more possibilities. What if I really want 6 compressors, or 8 volume blocks. Why not allow it if the CPU can handle it?

The H9000 doesn't have these types of limitations.... Put as many or as few of one block/algorithm as you like until you max out...
I've heard they're a blast to program, too!

I've heard they're a blast to program, too!
And this is exactly why I'd like to get more out of the AxeFx III that is racked right above my H9000!

The AxeEdit interface is far superior and I gravitate toward it all the time, but it maxxes out to quickly when trying to do single purpose multi-effects. What if I really do want 4 stereo REVERBs? No, can do in the Axe FX :(

666 = 6 strings + 6 blocks + 6 lines at the Axe-FX grid. The planets are almost aligned :smilingimp:
ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!

Careful what you wish for. Cliff implementing that might trigger the Singularity as III/Three becomes self-conscious and realizes how vulnerable musicians (primarily, fragile guitarist) will be to its every AI whim.

In an alternate multiverse, III/Three uploads Cliff's consciousness which proceeds to taunt and heckle those who don't RTFM, read the wiki, or search the forum...

4 Drives x 4 Channels = 16 Drives per preset, can't see needing more than that or more than 4 at one time, but what do I know.

Does the fx III have 6 inputs to feed 6 drives?

The Axe-FX III has 7 inputs: 1 mono and 3 stereo

4 Drives x 4 Channels = 16 Drives per preset, can't see needing more than that or more than 4 at one time, but what do I know.

Have a look to the V-Guitar (not the MIDI guitar) at the Roland VG99, Boss GP-10 and Boss SY-1000

This is my favorite video to show one of the many possibilities of hex-modeling:

Last edited:
an open mode that lets you put as many blocks as you want (your fault if you max cpu). I'm sure there's a reason that doesn't exist though.

As a software designer there are constraints for a reason, usually to keep the system complexity manageable and far from error or fault conditions. As many blocks as you want isn't a good idea given a large user base that will push it, and then the number of complaints or "bugs" would go up (even if FAS would tell them they are on their own in this case).

Depending on the hardware and software design, a higher limit (such as 6) might be doable for many blocks. Only Cliff could say.

As a software designer there are constraints for a reason, usually to keep the system complexity manageable and far from error or fault conditions. As many blocks as you want isn't a good idea given a large user base that will push it, and then the number of complaints or "bugs" would go up (even if FAS would tell them they are on their own in this case).

Depending on the hardware and software design, a higher limit (such as 6) might be doable for many blocks. Only Cliff could say.
I really can't find the logic in it, other than trying to reduce support calls by setting expectations. Or, to sell more units (but Cliff doesn't strike me as that guy).

I run out of CPU all the time with the random assortment of blocks in my presets. It's usually pretty clear what is going on and I adapt.

So, sure, 4 Reverb blocks may cause people to run into this limitation more frequently if they add them to a loaded preset, but I also use mine in the studio as an outboard processor. It would be great to have the training wheels off so I could use it more.

Maybe Cliff can sell a USB dongle that enables this. More revenue and it can come with a huge disclaimer about shooting and feet?

Back
Top Bottom