The conspiracy paranoids have won again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't seen anything to convince me that that wearing a sock or a doo-rag or a craft project from your kid's old pajamas over your face makes any more sense than using a chain-link fence to keep out mosquitoes (an analogy that's been making the rounds, to describe the relative scale involved).

It's also a very poor analogy that's going around. The virus is carried in the droplets you breath or spit out. Masks are meant to catch those before they can dry out, break down and turn the virus into smaller particles. It's not a chain link fence designed to keep out mosquitos, it's a chain link fence designed to keep beach balls in.

It's also a very poor analogy that's going around. The virus is carried in the droplets you breath or spit out. Masks are meant to catch those before they can dry out, break down and turn the virus into smaller particles. It's not a chain link fence designed to keep out mosquitos, it's a chain link fence designed to keep beach balls in.
Okay, one more post...since that was directly to my address.

A better analogy is a baseball covered in mosquitoes. The baseball gets lodged in the fence, but the mosquitoes still go through.

Took until page 4, but they're BACK...a couple ignores from prior Covid threads have jumped in to take this one down.

Last edited:
Okay, one more post...since that was directly to my address.

A better analogy is a baseball covered in mosquitoes. The baseball gets lodged in the fence, but the mosquitoes still go through.
Your logic is flawed. The virus doesn't travel further than the droplets you spew out of your mouth. Masks vastly stop the travel distance of said droplets.

Your logic is flawed. The virus doesn't travel further than the droplets you spew out of your mouth. Masks vastly stop the travel distance of said droplets.
You might want to read the link that some people flamed me for posting upthread. It points to studies which evaluate the filtering efficiency of various materials. Also note this bit:
"Virus-laden small (<5 μm) aerosolized droplets can remain in the air for at least 3 hours and travel long distances."

Last edited:
Stop ignoring the real issues. its ok to pass HIV to person to person legally in California and on to poop all over the side walks but you better have your mask on. What since does that make? really. to make laws like that you have to be mentally unstable.

You might want to read the link that some people flamed me for posting upthread. It point to studies which evaluate the filtering efficiency of various materials. Also note this bit:
"Virus-laden small (<5 μm) aerosolized droplets can remain in the air for at least 3 hours and travel long distances. "

Bill Nye showing us is more than enough for me.

Stop ignoring the real issues. its ok to pass HIV to person to person legally in California and on to poop all over the side walks but you better have your mask on. What since does that make? really. to make laws like that you have to be mentally unstable.

The real issue is why the US, the most powerful nation in earth is still suffering through this while other nations have made significant progress. Time to admit the ineptitude of our leaders. Stop deflecting and face the issues head on. Listen to the scientists, not to big mouth politicians. Is that too hard?

The real issue is why the US, the most powerful nation in earth is still suffering through this while other nations have made significant progress. Time to admit the ineptitude of our leaders. Stop deflecting and face the issues head on. Listen to the scientists, not to big mouth politicians.

How about stop deflecting that it's our leaders' fault. The problem is us!

These threads go down because one side wants to convince the other side they're wrong, and eventually one or both lose their s**t.

Engaging with them is a complete and pointless waste of time, and an exercise in futility that only serves to drive divisions deeper.

IMO, anyone who consistently disagrees with majority science throughout the course of a pandemic is the definition of irrelevance. They're only relevant temporarily because some of them are increasing virus transmission which is f***ing everyone over. If they ever make it into a history book, it's in poor regard on the wrong side of history/progress/evolution.

What is relevant is what science learns and how solutions are developed and deployed from that knowledge, via science, gov & industry, often a collaboration of 1 or more.

It helps if people respect the science -- but it's not required. The solutions will come and they will roll out regardless of what people want to believe or regardless of how much, intentional or not, they sabotage the process.

Last edited:
Am I really being told to ignore actual scientific studies, in favor of pseudo-science quack entertainer Bill Nye.....and a bizarre publication from the CDC being presented as a scientific study....with no control group?

Guess so. Bye, y'all.

How about stop deflecting that it's our leaders' fault. The problem is us!

Agreed that those people should have masks on and distancing themselves from others. I don't condemn the right to protest but they should also have to stay safe.

On the other hand, if our leaders are continually contradicting the experts like Fauci and other scientists, giving false information, opening up prematurely, in the hopes that the economy will look great, for the sake of the election, isn't that an issue? Some people will hang on to these "leaders' every word and they know it. They would have done a great service if they just do the right thing.

Agreed that those people should have masks on and distancing themselves from others. I don't condemn the right to protest but they should also have to stay safe.

So you support opening up the economy while staying safe?

Last edited:
Because it's a FACT that the number of cases are a big lie to the American people. they need to tell the truth about the cases.
The real issue is why the US, the most powerful nation in earth is still suffering through this while other nations have made significant progress. Time to admit the ineptitude of our leaders. Stop deflecting and face the issues head on. Listen to the scientists, not to big mouth politicians. Is that too hard?
[/QUOTE]

But keep ignoring how is it that its ok to pass HIV to person to person but it's not ok to not wear a mask.

[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom