IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
I’m glad you’re digging it. I wanted the mixes to be diverse, so some are balanced and neutral while others give you more character of the cabinet. I made them to work well with various guitars, so you can choose something glassy or something smoother. Also, try blending in the REAR capture if you want to tame some top end and add some pleasant low-mid meat to your sound.
The REAR captures do nice things through my Spacestation if panned hard left or hard right. :)

I tend to go for a 57/160, 57/121, or 57/313 mix - with the non-57 mic being a bassy mic and mixed in just enough to fill in a little of the bottom that the 57 lacks on its own. It preserves the nice presence that the 57 has, and fills in its deficiency. I have an e609 and Cascade FatHed at home to do the same trick when shooting my own amps' speakers....

Finally got some time with these. Truly spectacular captures. I ended up using 57-1 and 160-3 down about 4db, and it just sings with my Strat. Great sparkle on top in the notch positions, crisp in the single-pickup positions, fattens up beautifully on the neck pickup simply from changing where you pick/strum.

Sure wish you could find a 6G12 4x10 cab to shoot with the alnico Jensens. :)

I still think it’s a great candidate. The Iridium’s Plexi is very dark to my ears and I normally run it with mids and treble dimed. Bringing those back will reduce fizz as well as as bringing down the treble in the Strymon IR loader. For my money, nothing beats the Fractal’s Plexi for authenticity...and I’ve compared it to my real Plexi (which now sits in my studio’s corner after comparing the two). If you need any more help, just let me know.
I still think it’s a great candidate. The Iridium’s Plexi is very dark to my ears and I normally run it with mids and treble dimed. Bringing those back will reduce fizz as well as as bringing down the treble in the Strymon IR loader. For my money, nothing beats the Fractal’s Plexi for authenticity...and I’ve compared it to my real Plexi (which now sits in my studio’s corner after comparing the two). If you need any more help, just let me know.
The MARSH M25 PACK sounds very good and I was able to find what I was looking for to tame the high end a bit by using dual careful mic selections from the IR pack. The Iridium Plexi may be dark to you but I run it at pretty high gain (the Iridium offers more than the actual plexi can dime) and it does get much brighter in that territory. While the Fractal Plexi may be more authentic, I really like the “modded-PlexI” the Iridium offers and the portability as a small pedal solution for direct in or as a headphone amp is incomparable. Of course, I still love my monster AxeFX III.

Great job on this Product. Bought the Blackjack Pack this morning as a result of my experience. I think that really says it all.
I am very pleased.

Finally got some time with these. Truly spectacular captures. I ended up using 57-1 and 160-3 down about 4db, and it just sings with my Strat. Great sparkle on top in the notch positions, crisp in the single-pickup positions, fattens up beautifully on the neck pickup simply from changing where you pick/strum.

Sure wish you could find a 6G12 4x10 cab to shoot with the alnico Jensens. :)
I’ll have to try that mic combo. 57-1 blends nicely with the ribbon mics, and the 160 is one of my favorite mics on the planet, so I bet that sounds awesome. Thanks for the tip!

I did a quick search on the 6G12 and it looks like some of those came with the P10Q speakers (same as the Bassman), so even though the cabinet design is different between the the 6G12 and the Bassman, hopefully it’ll still give you some familiarity if you’ve ever experienced those speakers in the real world.

The MARSH M25 PACK sounds very good and I was able to find what I was looking for to tame the high end a bit by using dual careful mic selections from the IR pack. The Iridium Plexi may be dark to you but I run it at pretty high gain (the Iridium offers more than the actual plexi can dime) and it does get much brighter in that territory. While the Fractal Plexi may be more authentic, I really like the “modded-PlexI” the Iridium offers and the portability as a small pedal solution for direct in or as a headphone amp is incomparable. Of course, I still love my monster AxeFX III.

Great job on this Product. Bought the Blackjack Pack this morning as a result of my experience. I think that really says it all.
I am very pleased.

I’m glad you’re digging the MRSH M25 Pack, and thanks for picking up the Blackjack too. The Blackjack has a more tapered top end, so I’m curious to see if that one fits your needs better. That was the pack I used for a Jimmy Page Plexi tone match, and it worked out great!

I just ordered it. It’s pricy for a mic clip, but I’m excited to see what it brings to the table. Thanks for the suggestion!

This is exciting to know! As a person with affinity for those Swedish tones, finding IRs that properly do the Fredman technique has been like finding a needle in a haystack. Even certain other "big name" IR vendors which offer Fredman off-axis captures get it wrong and capture 45 degrees instead of 55. I'm absolutely thrilled there might soon be some IRs out there that not only get it right, but are also done to the standards and quality that your IRs always are.

I know there's no guarantees, and you'll only include them if you think they sound good and add something to the pack, but it's still an exciting possibility!

I purchased the bass an one and it is phenomenal, love it Justin

@York Audio you know I love challenging you so... how would you dial with the 1x12 blue cab the Fender The Edge amp?
lets forget the effects just focusing into the tone I find fantastic how the mini amp combines the magic of vox and Fender

Do you feel like taking your strat and your Les Paul and accept the challenge Justin?

thx

Here's another one for the Class-A fans. I give you.... The York Audio VX15 112 Blue Cab Pack! Based on a Vox Handwired AC15 with an English Alnico Blue, and might I say, it sounds pretty great. Here's a quick clip I made with it using the Class-A 30w Top Boost model and Mix 03. I hope you enjoy it!

I just love this sound..that reverb is ..fantastic..Can you share the preset ,please ?

This is exciting to know! As a person with affinity for those Swedish tones, finding IRs that properly do the Fredman technique has been like finding a needle in a haystack. Even certain other "big name" IR vendors which offer Fredman off-axis captures get it wrong and capture 45 degrees instead of 55. I'm absolutely thrilled there might soon be some IRs out there that not only get it right, but are also done to the standards and quality that your IRs always are.

I know there's no guarantees, and you'll only include them if you think they sound good and add something to the pack, but it's still an exciting possibility!
It’s coming from Sweden and taking its sweet time to get here. It’s fun to try new things and see what connects, so I’m really excited to see how it sounds. I’ve bought mics that sound awesome and I’ve bought mics that sound terrible (and still need to sell), but it’s all part of experimenting and finding new colors within a cab. I think this will be a nice addition.

I purchased the bass an one and it is phenomenal, love it Justin

@York Audio you know I love challenging you so... how would you dial with the 1x12 blue cab the Fender The Edge amp?
lets forget the effects just focusing into the tone I find fantastic how the mini amp combines the magic of vox and Fender

Do you feel like taking your strat and your Les Paul and accept the challenge Justin?

thx

I’d say just try a Tweed Deluxe model with VX15 57 or 58, set the impedance curve to 1x12 Class-A 15w, slap a delay on that sucker, and have fun. :) The cabinet design is different than the Vox, but you should be able to dial in a tone you like with that setup. Overdriven tones need more attention to detail when tone matching. Clean tones are more forgiving, so just tweak it the way you like it and get yo Edge on!

I just love this sound..that reverb is ..fantastic..Can you share the preset ,please ?
Thanks! And sure thing. The preset is posted on #133. I don’t remember which Firmware I was on when I made it but I don’t think the reverbs have changed since then, so it should still translate well for you. I hope you enjoy it.

Justin, didn't you have a thread at TGP? Did it get deleted?

Anyway, I was going to tell you, I think the reason these are so popular is partly due to how they interact with the Fractal.

I hear, and a lot of others hear "a little too much bass" in almost all of the cabs on the Axe FX. Your cabs are all dialed down in the low end so well. I record a lot, and this is crucial for me in terms of cutting through.

Justin, didn't you have a thread at TGP? Did it get deleted?

Anyway, I was going to tell you, I think the reason these are so popular is partly due to how they interact with the Fractal.

I hear, and a lot of others hear "a little too much bass" in almost all of the cabs on the Axe FX. Your cabs are all dialed down in the low end so well. I record a lot, and this is crucial for me in terms of cutting through.
I originally posted my thread in the modelers section, but the admins moved it to the manufacturers section. The main York Audio thread is the one posted by John Mark Painter. It started off as a review, but ended up being the place where most people talk about YA stuff.

As far as the low end goes, I don’t inflate it like most guys do to try to get their stuff to sound bigger. My work is extremely accurate to the real cab, so people who record or people used to hearing mic’ed cabs through IEMs like it because it’s instantly familiar to them. I’m so glad these are working for you! Thanks for posting!

For anyone who's been interested in the Bogna 412, Greg Summers made a killer video you should check out. He had a great idea to do a promotion with it as well, so you can get an ADDITIONAL 25% OFF of the Bogna 412 by going to www.yorkaudio.co and using the promo code GSBOGNA25 at checkout to snag it for $11.24 until the code expires on 9/1.

Here's the video!

Darn, wish I hadn't just bought this last week!

Justin, I’ve recently quite into Marshall’s and have your 3 packs
The other day having a chat with my mate @camilovelandiamusic of how amazing your IR sound we shared a couple of videos of a dude as we both were so impressed with this Plexi tone

In my opinion is the perfect Marshall with a Les Paul - I need that tone ! B
This could be a preset challenge if you or anyone following this topic want to take it... the perfect Plexi 😎
And if I can abuse and make it a double challenge the perfect JTM

Look forward to hearing back from you @York Audio and guys

Justin, I’ve recently quite into Marshall’s and have your 3 packs
The other day having a chat with my mate @camilovelandiamusic of how amazing your IR sound we shared a couple of videos of a dude as we both were so impressed with this Plexi tone

In my opinion is the perfect Marshall with a Les Paul - I need that tone ! B
This could be a preset challenge if you or anyone following this topic want to take it... the perfect Plexi 😎
And if I can abuse and make it a double challenge the perfect JTM

Look forward to hearing back from you @York Audio and guys

Thank you for that, that clip of the 1959HW Super Lead Plexi 100 is one of the best amp demos I've heard. Every tone is gorgeous and well recorded.

Thank you for that, that clip of the 1959HW Super Lead Plexi 100 is one of the best amp demos I've heard. Every tone is gorgeous and well recorded.
It's brilliant isn't it? That's why I asked Justin for his MAGIC - @York Audio managed to replicate a youtube video of Phil X and a modern Jimmy Page tone. As he's got that great IRs and good taste mixing I have asked him for his kind help teplciate that damn 1959HW SLP and if he gets even closer to it I am done with any other amp for my non Brian May stuff!!

picked up the BMAN 410 pack and put together a quick stereo rig using ken andrew's clean sound as a starting point and tweaked it for my heritage 535. absolutely LOVING the papery breakup happening (bman 410 is in the right speaker, deluxe 112 on the left; both 57+121 mixes). it's probably not amazing on phone speakers/earpods, but it sounds like a whole world through my genelec's. really curious to test this sound out in a post rocky mix

as always whenever i buy a @York Audio cab pack i get so inspired by how unique they end up sounding. still can't believe how little he's charging for these!

It's brilliant isn't it? That's why I asked Justin for his MAGIC - @York Audio managed to replicate a youtube video of Phil X and a modern Jimmy Page tone. As he's got that great IRs and good taste mixing I have asked him for his kind help teplciate that damn 1959HW SLP and if he gets even closer to it I am done with any other amp for my non Brian May stuff!!
I'm out of town at the moment, but I might be able to try once I get back. It sounds like a fairly basic Plexi to me. I would try the MRSH M25 and see if one of the U47 captures get you close. This is a total shot in the dark, but I'd start with a Jumped Plexi, with the Treble Volume around 3-4, Normal volume around 1.5-2. See how U47-1 feels with the EQ knobs at noon and tweak from there. With Marshalls, I tend to tweak Presence first, Middle second, Treble third, and Bass last. Or just try the Jimmy Page Plexi settings from the preset I made for you and see if you like any U47 captures with it. Maybe add in a touch of M25 Room 2 and see where that takes you.

Got the Bogna, awesome pack, love mix05! Any chance to extend that to them all? 😁 ALLCABS25. 👍
HAHAHA! Lucky for you, everything on the site is already 25% off for now. I've got some plans in the works and the site will go back to packs being $19.99, so enjoy it while you can. :)

picked up the BMAN 410 pack and put together a quick stereo rig using ken andrew's clean sound as a starting point and tweaked it for my heritage 535. absolutely LOVING the papery breakup happening (bman 410 is in the right speaker, deluxe 112 on the left; both 57+121 mixes). it's probably not amazing on phone speakers/earpods, but it sounds like a whole world through my genelec's. really curious to test this sound out in a post rocky mix

as always whenever i buy a @York Audio cab pack i get so inspired by how unique they end up sounding. still can't believe how little he's charging for these!

This sounds fantastic! Would you mind sharing the preset? And thank you for your support and seeing the value of my work. I put a lot of effort and care into making these, so it means a lot when the hard work is noticed and appreciated. Sincerely though, excellent tone!

Back
Top Bottom