Axe-Edit III 1.06.02

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit III 1.06.02 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

PLEASE NOTE:

Starting with firmware 12.10, Axe-Edit III 1.06.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the Axe-Fx III.
Previous versions of Axe-Edit III (versions 1.05.13 or less) will not work with firmware 12.10 or greater.
Axe-Edit III 1.06.00 (or greater) works with firmware 12.09.

It is recommended that you install Axe-Edit III 1.06.02 before installing firmware 12.10.
If you have already installed firmware 12.10, please power down the Axe-Fx III and update the editor manually from the Settings / "Check for Updates..." menu or by downloading the installer from the website.

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.06.02
JULY 8, 2020

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 12.11

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Corrected a bug that allowed the assignment of modifiers to non-modifiable parameters.

* Modified the Cabinet picker to retain its pin and search state when scenes are changed while the picker is open.

* Added "Jump to current selection" QUICK JUMP button to the Picker window. This is especially handy in the Cabinet Picker to reorient oneself after scrolling and searching far from the currently selected item.

* Modified the Cabinet picker to retain its pin and search state when scenes are changed while the picker is open.
* Added "Jump to current selection" QUICK JUMP button to the Picker window. This is especially handy in the Cabinet Picker to reorient oneself after scrolling and searching far from the currently selected item.
I think I love you!

That first one bites me every time I audition IRs... And the second one is something that will definitely be useful!

After installing this update… when I go to change to another preset within axe edit, it freezes up every time and give me a communication error. If I dont use the axe edit it works fine. Running on a Mac. Never had this issue before.

Is there a way to find the older version so I can use axe edit?

I have tried reinstalling a few times now. Still the same issues

Last edited:
As per Cliff, simply add a wishlist item in the Axe-Fx III subforum.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...circle-in-axeedit3.163238/page-2#post-1957402
I'm sitting this one out for now. Having way too much fun!

Asked for the Looper commands to be open to modifiers (like all of the legacy units) a long time ago. Ironically, those still don't work with this 'bug'?
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-for-internal-controllers.140382/post-1664113

I would like every parameter that isn't dangerous, or cause 'clicks', 'bumps', or any artifacts to be open to modifiers.... PLEASE!

I was messing around with attaching modifiers to modifiers. Like an LFO, A Pitch controller, or an expression pedal, on one (or more?) scenes of a Scene Controller attached to a parameter.

Example.... An LFO/Auto-Wah on scene 1, An Envelope/Auto-Wah on scene 2, A Pitch/Auto-Wah on scene 3, An Expression/Wah on scene 4, etc.....

Last edited:
I'm sitting this one out for now. Having way too much fun!

Asked for the Looper commands to be open to modifiers (like all of the legacy units) a long time ago. Ironically, those still don't work with this 'bug'?
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-for-internal-controllers.140382/post-1664113

I would like every parameter that isn't dangerous, or cause 'clicks', 'bumps', or any artifacts to be open to modifiers.... PLEASE!

I was messing around with attaching modifiers to modifiers. Like an LFO, A Pitch controller, or an expression pedal, on one (or more?) scenes of a Scene Controller attached to a parameter.

Example.... An LFO/Auto-Wah on scene 1, An Envelope/Auto-Wah on scene 2, A Pitch/Auto-Wah on scene 3, An Expression/Wah on scene 4, etc.....
Been having fun with LFO-controlled band gain in the PEQ for a tremolo effect.

Finally have LFO Output B Phase to tweak, so poking at a stopped LFO can let two control switches act like a pair of SPDT '3-way' light switches. One latching and one momentary that both control the same parameter - rotary speed.... :)

Nothing Fractal does is ever good enough for anyone. None of you will create a product as good as or better than Fractal but will still complain that it doesnt give you what you want while sitting in your bedroom trying to become a superhero. And the biggest irony is...all the pro touring and recording artists that use the Fractal products don't use half the functions that everyone is complaining about. But they still sell millions of records.

Thank you Cliff, Michael and team for the most amazing product ever for us musicians. Misha Mansoor, Mark Holcomb, John Petrucci, Tosin Abasi, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Metallica, Def Lepard, Devin Townsend, Neal Schon, and soooooo many others give thanks to the Fractal team for giving us something that no one else would.

Reminds me of a scene in Guardians of the Galaxy....."ROCKET do this ROCKET do that!!!"

Last edited:
Nothing Fractal does is ever good enough for anyone. None of you will create a product as good as or better than Fractal but will still complain that it doesnt give you what you want while sitting in your bedroom trying to become a superhero. And the biggest irony is...all the pro touring and recording artists that use the Fractal products don't use half the functions that everyone is complaining about. But they still sell millions of records.

Thank you Cliff, Michael and team for the most amazing product ever for us musicians. Misha Mansoor, Mark Holcomb, John Petrucci, Tosin Abasi, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Metallica, Def Lepard, Devin Townsend, Neal Schon, and soooooo many others give thanks to the Fractal team for giving us something that no one else would.

Reminds me of a scene in Guardians of the Galaxy....."ROCKET do this ROCKET do that!!!"

Wow, you nailed it. Fractal would be so better off without the bedroom players as customers.

If all the players where like these "pros" that you say that only use half of the functions of their gear and there were no players pushing all the possibilities to the limits, there would be no evolution.

It is not complaining. It is not dissatisfaction. It is not lack of appreciation. We love the FAS team as a part of our family for all the joy that they bring to us. Our suggestions have been there since the first Axe-FX Standard was created, and they have been crucial to what the Axe-FX III is today. I do not think that Fractal would be better off without these "bedroom" players as customers. As opposed to other companies, Fractal is what it is because it has always listened and interacted with the customers like no other company in this business.

As a matter of fact, Fractal was several years without any kind of publicity or endorsement. Cliff said at that time that it was not necessary. It was the "non-pros" who made it stand out there by our word of mouth publicity. That was truly genuine

Last edited:

Wow, kinda harsh dude. I don't hear complaints here, only suggestions. That's how things grow, expand and get better. Do you think Dweezil or Vai (just to name 2) don't use many of the features?

Music has been my full time gig since 1979. How do you know who's a bedroom player or a pro? Which are you? (rhetorical, not really important).

Last edited:
Wow, kinda harsh dude. I don't hear complaints here, only suggestions. Thats' how things grow, expand and get better. Do you think Dweezil or Vai (just to name 2) don't use many of the features?

Music has been my full time gig since 1979. How do you know who's a bedroom player or a pro? Which are you? (rhetorical, not really important).
Yes. Yawn.

Back
Top Bottom