Dang, I was really hoping someone could put my mind at ease testing the above preset. I may look to see what differences there are between the OG patch and this one and see if anything glaring pops up.
Does NOT happen here. I put both versions and they both play well. The only glitch I had was sometimes when running thru the scenes (amps actually) the 1st LCD on the FM3 would be blank. Once I go somewhere else and come back to it the LCD has the name of the amp. Strange.
I am shut down now and don't remember which version did that. Pretty sure it was the original though. I'll check and try to reproduce tomorrow.

Does NOT happen here. I put both versions and they both play well. The only glitch I had was sometimes when running thru the scenes (amps actually) the 1st LCD on the FM3 would be blank. Once I go somewhere else and come back to it the LCD has the name of the amp. Strange.
I am shut down now and don't remember which version did that. Pretty sure it was the original though. I'll check and try to reproduce tomorrow.
Weird. Okay and just making sure on the Moke preset you tried the Friedman scene right? I'm going to attempt to re-create and see where it gets me. Thanks for checking in.

Edit: Played the preset again. Played a good 3-5 mins every other scene other than the Friedman. Managed to switch to the Friedman scene and after 20 seconds or so the issue happened again. No sound. On any scene, on any patch. Reset FM3, went straight to the Friedman scene and no sound after about 10 seconds. Very weird. Going to post in bug forums and see if anyone else can do some additional followups or debugging. Thanks again guys, both patches sound great so definitely want to get to the bottom of this.

Last edited:
my fm3 cant't run that preset. CPU limits is muting the signal. Anybody else experiencing this?
I had same issue
my FM3 FW 1.04 was frozen and needed hard reboot each time using that preset
I deleted a couple of blocks not used by me and now all good

So I decided to try this preset out today from Moke, after digging the original preset @camilovelandiamusic posted. All of it sounded great, but I ended up running into these weird issues on the preset, namely the Friedman scene.

I was able to play for roughtly 15-30 seconds before sound blips out and the FM3 no longer produces any sound at all: to my Headrush frfr, headphones or even over USB to the laptop. I tested it multiple times and checked cables too even removing cables to the FRFR and the laptop.

Same situation. Even playing on other presets I was able to play for minutes, but as soon as I switched to the Friedman preset in Moke's...after 15-30 seconds no sound at all from the FM3. The input meter still reads input, but no audio is outputted until a reboot of the FM3.

Would anyone like to re-create? By the way, once the sound goes out it seems even switching to previously working scenes and presets don't help. Only a reboot does. Would love to get some feedback on this and if needed, I can put this in the bug report forum. Just thought I'd mention here since this was the thread the preset was originally posted in. I'm on the latest firmware and FM3 edit as well. Thanks all!

I have the exact same problem. Not sure if it’s just the Friedman scene, or the new delay(reverb) block causing the issue. It happens every time - only the edited (Moke) preset have problems. Great preset btw.

Using 1.04, no headphone version - from G66

I have the exact same problem. Not sure if it’s just the Friedman scene, or the new delay(reverb) block causing the issue. It happens every time - only the edited (Moke) preset have problems. Great preset btw.

Using 1.04, no headphone version - from G66
Same happened to me, I just deleted the effects I don't use and worker perfectly... This is one of the best presets I've seen in long long time and @camilovelandiamusic managed to make something amazing out of very limited CPU resources... hope he reviews the old presets he did back in the day held in his website and releases them for FM3 with the update as they were/are supreme!!

Can confirm the lockup on this as well - 1.04, headphone version, with FM3-Edit connected - scene 4 locked up after just a few minutes.
Restarted, unplugged usb and EV1, and still locks up after seconds on that scene.

Interesting in that I can still change scenes and presets....but no more sound until a reboot.

Same happened to me, I just deleted the effects I don't use and worker perfectly... This is one of the best presets I've seen in long long time and @camilovelandiamusic managed to make something amazing out of very limited CPU resources... hope he reviews the old presets he did back in the day held in his website and releases them for FM3 with the update as they were/are supreme!!
I completely agree, the sounds in this preset is phenomenal. Combining this preset with the concept Moke mentions about getting rid of the reverbs in favor of the delay really helps with CPU resources.

I don't want to detract from the phenomenal preset here :)
If you did manage to have issues with the 2nd preset or lockups please visit the bug thread I made here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/no-sound-on-particular-preset-scene.162969/

Weird. Okay and just making sure on the Moke preset you tried the Friedman scene right? I'm going to attempt to re-create and see where it gets me. Thanks for checking in.

Edit: Played the preset again. Played a good 3-5 mins every other scene other than the Friedman. Managed to switch to the Friedman scene and after 20 seconds or so the issue happened again. No sound. On any scene, on any patch. Reset FM3, went straight to the Friedman scene and no sound after about 10 seconds. Very weird. Going to post in bug forums and see if anyone else can do some additional followups or debugging. Thanks again guys, both patches sound great so definitely want to get to the bottom of this.
I apologize. I did NOT try the friedman. My bad........

I updated to FW 1.05 and tried again the preset (Moke's version) that was creating freeze on FW 1.04.
It seems it works like a charm now. Tested it only 10 minutes but no issue so far
Note that I use a midi expression pedal (DIY) so the volume block is changed by the midi pedal, with no problem at all.
It seems FAS did a great job with this 1.05 FW in fixing many issues

So thanks for the preset as it sound great in all scenes.
This will be the base for my main preset as it covers all I need. Will add a drive but that's it.

I updated to FW 1.05 and tried again the preset (Moke's version) that was creating freeze on FW 1.04.
It seems it works like a charm now. Tested it only 10 minutes but no issue so far
Note that I use a midi expression pedal (DIY) so the volume block is changed by the midi pedal, with no problem at all.
It seems FAS did a great job with this 1.05 FW in fixing many issues
Thanks for the update. Looks like people are still having issues with the patch, but looks like you've resolved it with the 2nd delay block delete?
Definitely agree, both the original and updated preset are great. Even more so if the 2 Delay blocks to save CPU trick would work appropriately. :)

Thanks for the update. Looks like people are still having issues with the patch, but looks like you've resolved it with the 2nd delay block delete?
Definitely agree, both the original and updated preset are great. Even more so if the 2 Delay blocks to save CPU trick would work appropriately. :)
Well, After playing more with the preset (around 1 hour) I did not have any issues
I had it exactly as Moke posted it and with the original 2 delays block
it was around 70% cpu
but then I added a compressor and drive
again all worked fine till I used a third channel on the drive with the scene 4 Friedman BE
i had CPU around 81% and then had freeze of the sound each time using that scene
only hard reboot fixed it

I will still experiment but it seems that high CPU with 2 delays block crrate the freeze

I loved how you did the reverb on the delay but find the effect more aggressive
Noticed the delay was at 100% is that the correct percentage to match the reverb at 30% or I shall decrease the reverb also to 30%?
It is at 100% because it is in parallel in that particular preset. Use the 'Level' parameter to adjust the "Reverb" level. The other (parallel) Delay block should 'technically' also be at a 100% mix. But this is how Milo set it up.

Once the 'Lockup' issue is resolved, I was planning on going through and 'fixing' all of the things that could cause some confusion. Parallel routing is not better or worse. It is just different. It should be used when you want each block to receive, and affect, what you intend.

First, thank you @camilovelandiamusic. I really like the tones I get with the amps in this preset. So, I was playing a gig Saturday with a modified version (attached) where I just removed a couple blocks I don't really use in the band I'm in to reduce CPU use. I was playing the Scene 2 Deluxe Fender scene with Fat and Bright boosts on with a neck HB. I then turned the amp Boost on for the lead. The sound cut out in the middle of my Jimi version of Red House. Never had that happen with a Fractal unit before. I initially chalked it up to bad AC at the venue, but with all the recent "lost sound" posts, I thought I would share my experience. I was on 1.04 firmware, no FM-3 Edit.

Edit: I had to reboot the unit.

Attachments

• MyLo Preset.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: MPZ
Back
Top Bottom