IF YOU READ NOTHING ELSE, READ THIS!

What does EBCAK mean? It stands for Error Between Chair and Keyboard

I think that's why the plug/replug tip works, it's because things gets done then ! :D

or "error between stick and throttle" or "short between headsets" or...

I take personal responsibility for this thread...it wasn't a bad cable but it was a bad connection combined with some static electricity noise.

The input connector on my LP had become slightly corroded and the pickguard / whole top had picked up some static electricity...

The cure was a small file and a sheet of "Bounce" to de-static the top...

It is now perfectly quite...!

I take personal responsibility for this thread...it wasn't a bad cable but it was a bad connection combined with some static electricity noise.

The input connector on my LP had become slightly corroded and the pickguard / whole top had picked up some static electricity...

The cure was a small file and a sheet of "Bounce" to de-static the top...

It is now perfectly quite...!
Eh, we all have those moments.

TRS cables pushed in half way. Such a nuisance.

I was once called in to do some electrical repairs that the clients were advised would require rewiring the whole ceiling. Did the job in 10 minutes by securing an intermittent neutral into the wire cap in the switch box and screwing in three working light bulbs.

I was blaming firmware for this, but it's a cable issue: powered speakers will thump when powering off the III if the unit has an FC cable connected to the unit, but no FC on the other end. Power down the III before disconnecting your FC to avoid.

I was blaming firmware for this, but it's a cable issue: powered speakers will thump when powering off the III if the unit has an FC cable connected to the unit, but no FC on the other end. Power down the III before disconnecting your FC to avoid.
Hmm, that didn’t happen to mine. I was on 12.06 and my FC-6 was in the shop. The XLR was connected to the FX3 and I didn’t get any thump when powering down.

Super weird if true. That's not an audio path.
That's why I was so quick to assume it was the new firmware. Glad that DougB had better luck in the same situation. It makes no sense to me but it's reproducible on my unit. Most importantly, it's avoidable if I keep the FC plugged in like it's supposed to be.

I have a guitar with a bit of a stiff jack: can't remember how many times I'd plug it in and get no sound... have to really jam it in there.

........OK no innuendo intended you lot

Too funny. When I was a kid , I bought all brand new “perfect length” patch cables , to replace all of the “too long” cables I was using in my rack - for my band. ( just before a bar gig , in a town - far from home )

Then we set up , and I spent 2 hours pulling my hair out , until I found the NEW cable in the rack , that was fkd.

Last gig the bass player/sound guy was tweaking the hell out of my vocals because they had no high end in them and were unintelligible (he REALLY likes to hear S's and T's). Long story short, the CLR wasn't turned on on my side of the stage where he was mixing from. My vocals were "interesting" the rest of the night.

Last gig the bass player/sound guy was tweaking the hell out of my vocals because they had no high end in them and were unintelligible (he REALLY likes to hear S's and T's). Long story short, the CLR wasn't turned on on my side of the stage where he was mixing from. My vocals were "interesting" the rest of the night.

Owwwwww...

Many many times, except one time it was on for the whole first song at a gig and the singer thought it sounded awesome and complained when I turned it off. Clearly need more treble in my presets.
Try a whole SET with the WAH on. Yeah, that happened to me. lol! There was a switch on the bottom of my Moog EP3 that I didn't know about and apparently when it's not set to Standard, it can cause issues. Rest of the night was good though. :)

Back
Top Bottom