Wish Direct sending of PC/CC MIDI commands to DAW from the foot switch

Obles5

It would be useful to be able to send Cc / Pc midi commands directly to the DAW example Apple logic pro x from fc12 / 6 or midi foot swich connected to ax fx 3 Without using the midi block but stand alone

Yeah the inclusion of MIDI over USB in the messages from Control Switches and the MIDI block would be handy for DAW control like setting up play, stop, record, etc buttons on the FC12.

From my personal point of view it could be a very interesting thing since it already exists in a normal keyboard because we guitarists can't have such a thing, if it were integrated into the fc 12 it would be great Maybe adding another View

I bought one of the most powerful and versatile modlers in the market with its major pedal model; fc12 which allows me preatically infinite combinations and I should take a midi adapter to send Three MIDI CC commands Play Stop Record to the DAW It would be very interesting to add an extra layout to the pedal to send PC or CC commands
Making it even more versatile. The most powerful of the others

I bought one of the most powerful and versatile modlers in the market with its major pedal model; fc12 which allows me preatically infinite combinations and I should take a midi adapter to send Three MIDI CC commands Play Stop Record to the DAW It would be very interesting to add an extra layout to the pedal to send PC or CC commands
Making it even more versatile. The most powerful of the others
But the FC-12 is not a midi controller.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have what you're asking - I was merely explaining it is already possible.

sorry I did not understand correctly, however I connected a midi pedal to MIDI in out to ax fx3 but despite being seen by the daw it is not possible to assign Cc or pc commands instead you say that it would be necessary to take a usb midi adapter and connect the midi pedal to the one without going through ax fx 3?

sorry I did not understand correctly, however I connected a midi pedal to MIDI in out to ax fx3 but despite being seen by the daw it is not possible to assign Cc or pc commands instead you say that it would be necessary to take a usb midi adapter and connect the midi pedal to the one without going through ax fx 3?
Can you re-write that with sentences and punctuation, please? I cannot follow what you are saying.

What my post was saying is that you can use Control Switch midi with your FC.

That can be used to trigger midi from the Axe Fx III midi out port (not midi over USB).

That means you need to connect the Axe Fx midi out to your computer with some form of midi adapter - typically a USB to midi (USB on the computer, midi on the Axe Fx).

you're absolutely right. it was poorly written.
let's see if I understand.

1) midi to usb adapter: MIDI connected in out to axe fx 3
USB is connected to the mac
2) MorningStars foot swich connected to FC12 as external
3) you must set the MIDI CC / PC commands with the interface for the DAW. this is the most difficult part because you have to create routes between axe fx 3 and daw

you're absolutely right. it was poorly written.
let's see if I understand.

1) midi to usb adapter: MIDI connected in out to axe fx 3
USB is connected to the mac
2) MorningStars foot swich connected to FC12 as external
3) you must set the MIDI CC / PC commands with the interface for the DAW. this is the most difficult part because you have to create routes between axe fx 3 and daw
Sorry... You lost me at #2. Are you talking about a Morningstar midi controller like MC-6 or MC-8?

If so, there is no way to connect that to the FC-12... It is not a midi controller and has no capacity for midi connectivity.

#3 is also not clear but that might be because of #2...

There is no "route". A control switch midi setup will send midi from the Axe Fx III midi out. That will go thru the adapter to your computer where it should be seen by the DAW. Maybe your DAW will require setup to recognize the incoming midi device...

As far as the CC/PC stuff, that's just the way you have to do midi. ;)

Back
Top Bottom