FM3 can replace the FX8?

m4ssi

Hi! any experience with FM3 as a multi-effect with tube amp? i would like to use it also as a pedalboard with my princeton.
Thanks

Hi! any experience with FM3 as a multi-effect with tube amp? i would like to use it also as a pedalboard with my princeton.
Thanks
It's killer for that. Beats most any pedalboard you can think of. You physically couldn't carry a pedalboard big enough to hold all the effects in the FM3.

Not 100%. I use a FX8 with strymon Iridium. The FX8 has more switches and two relais to switch amp channels. The effects/Drives are better than the FX8 - last FW from 2017, no Ares.

The FX8 has more switches...
True, but you can add switches to the FM3 in several ways.

...and two relais to switch amp channels.
Also true, but that wont affect the OP's stated use as a multi-effect with a tube amp.

The effects/Drives are better than the FX8...
True again.

...last FW (for the FX8) from 2017, no Ares.
The FX8 could never have Ares, because Ares is an amp modeling system, and the FX8 has no amp modeling.

I don't use much effect, just low/medium gain overdrive, a bit of reverb and sometimes analog delay and tremolo. I would like to replace my board with this unit. And of course i will use also the emulation of the amp, but i love my princeton, so i'm interested to use togheter.

Not 100%. I use a FX8 with strymon Iridium. The FX8 has more switches and two relais to switch amp channels. The effects/Drives are better than the FX8 - last FW from 2017, no Ares.
But the FM3 switches are really flexible! I can access more on the FM3 with 3 switches than I could on the FX8 in a preset!

Back
Top Bottom