Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.10

@FractalAudio I found a small bug, whenever I load a preset with a flanger block its rate parameter is synced to LFO1 despite it was saved with a different value and the knob position still shows the original value, I have to move the knob to fix it but even if I re-save the preset the issue is still there when switching presets.

EDIT: actually it reverts back to "LFO1 SYNC" even after a scene change

I have the same problem. Frontpanel or Axe-Edit, it's the same.

Would someone mind pointing me in the direction of where to set this?

thinking this may be in setup/midi/remote/external.....will check later when I get home

Also can you clarify how the range works?...for example I have Exp pedal one as a global volume pedal. I do find the pedal range from 0 - 100 is not needed for me as most of the time it is set mid way so lets say 50% mark and I teak volumes no more than say 10% +/-...so most of the travel on the pedal is not used, and find need a delicate touch to move it those small amounts
So it would be far more useful for me to set ths ext value say for 80 - 100% , but would like the full sweep of the pedal when moving through that 20% ...find the pedal as it is now overly sensitive to change , delicate touch needed...full range for just say 20% change would hopefully make it more useable.

thinking this may be in setup/midi/remote/external.....will check later when I get home

Also can you clarify how the range works?...for example I have Exp pedal one as a global volume pedal. I do find the pedal range from 0 - 100 is not needed for me as most of the time it is set mid way so lets say 50% mark and I teak volumes no more than say 10% +/-...so most of the travel on the pedal is not used, and find need a delicate touch to move it those small amounts
So it would be far more useful for me to set ths ext value say for 80 - 100% , but would like the full sweep of the pedal when moving through that 20% ...find the pedal as it is now overly sensitive to change , delicate touch needed...full range for just say 20% change would hopefully make it more useable.

I think you're misunderstanding. This isn't a range adjustment, It's just default value for pedal position to be used if no pedal is connected. "IF no pedal THEN return 50%". For your example, you'd like 50% because that sounds like where you tend to set it, and the old two options of 0% or 100% would have been awful for you.

If you want to adjust the pedal so that it's full travel from 0-100% only moves the control from 40-60%, you do that in the modifier setup screen for the control you're controlling.

Some confusion here about how to setup a pedal as a controller.

In short:
3 players:
1 Source side (your pedal/knob)
2 Agent/Interface (in the Fractal Audio world called external controller)
3 Target side (your parameter of a block in the grid)

How?

1 Source side:
Values get read from one of the pedal ports or from an incoming midi cc command or from a manual knob on the front panel or -when nothing got pressed/ turned- from the startup value.

2 The interface:
One or more of the 16 external controller needs to get defined, it's global, not per preset. You setup here from where each external controller gets it's values. Otherwise it loads at least it's start up value.

3 Target side.
On a modifiable parameter hit enter (front panel) to enter the modifier menu. There you can setup one of the 16 external controllers as the source. And there you can limit the range of values of that parameter if you want to.

Limiting the range wouldn't make sense on the source side.

@FractalAudio After updating, I found something really wierd, I was playing Metallica's "Nothing really matters", and the beginning of the verse sounds way off, e.g. try the following: Play open low E string and the high E string at 3rd fret, and let them both ring out.

It would sounds very off, like out-of-tune kind of distortion when the amp is dirty (but sounds ok when clean), it's most obvious on "Deluxe Tweed", also obvious on "Plexi 50W Jump" etc. I used the same app/settings before and after the update, and I don't remember hearing this out-of-tune weirdness before the update.

The issue is playing the single high E string at 3rd fret is fine, playing it with other strings seems fine, but together with open low E string, it sounds terrible...

Anyone else notice similar things, it makes me question my sanity...

(I play a single coil Tele FWIT. And see preset in attachment, it defaults to scene 4, where it has the Tweed amp drive "maxed", I normally rolled down volume knob quite a bit to play edge of breakup)
Auditory memory for frequency response is very poor. Many times we think we hear something that wasn't there before but we're mistaken.

FWIW here is a frequency response plot of 12.09 vs. 12.10 with a low E and high G input to your preset.

12p09_vs_12p10..JPG

The plots are identical (measurement noise not withstanding).

Auditory memory for frequency response is very poor. Many times we think we hear something that wasn't there before but we're mistaken.

FWIW here is a frequency response plot of 12.09 vs. 12.10 with a low E and high G input to your preset.

View attachment 69249

The plots are identical (measurement noise not withstanding).

.....and that's how you do that......

And let me add, in my opinion, one of the things I like most about the Fractal is the modeling for crossover distortion. I think this is how real vintage amps behave. And I like a certain amount of ghosting.....

Thanks for the great explanations, understand the points made...and indeed see how it works
I set up the global volume pedal as per the manual , page 13, and I Cannot see anywhere to actually adjust any range or sensitivity for pedal.
I understand you can when you use it as a controller for a block within a preset
so i guess there isnt a way to modify the taper and working range on the global volume pedal,unless I am missing something.
I did use the amp +/- 1db extn switch to move volume up and down in the map block , but wanted more flexibility overall on the fly, which the Global vol pedal does, but as mentioned would find it works better if the somehow could use the pedals full range to make smaller adjustments

@FractalAudio I found a small bug, whenever I load a preset with a flanger block its rate parameter is synced to LFO1 despite it was saved with a different value and the knob position still shows the original value, I have to move the knob to fix it but even if I re-save the preset the issue is still there when switching presets.

+1 for this issue.

9posterfinal.jpg

I barely got to know you........:coldsweat:

Best not to get too attached to any Firmware release, as it will likely only last a short time.
Enjoy it while you can!

Thanks for the great explanations, understand the points made...and indeed see how it works
I set up the global volume pedal as per the manual , page 13, and I Cannot see anywhere to actually adjust any range or sensitivity for pedal.
I understand you can when you use it as a controller for a block within a preset
so i guess there isnt a way to modify the taper and working range on the global volume pedal,unless I am missing something.
I did use the amp +/- 1db extn switch to move volume up and down in the map block , but wanted more flexibility overall on the fly, which the Global vol pedal does, but as mentioned would find it works better if the somehow could use the pedals full range to make smaller adjustments

Here it is for others wondering.

1593095008571.png

So you mapped a global pedal to either an Input or an Output for global volume control. I understand now, and I think you're right, there doesn't seem to be anywhere that you can adjust the range/sensitivity for that use. In fact, you can't even set it to External to make use of the default value. This might make a good wish for the wish subforum.

spot on IronSean...glad Im not missing something, but yes would be good to be able to 'fiddle' with the control on the GVP a bit more

Fixed for next release.

Did i miss something or is there a new Tube type ?

"Amp 1" / "TubeType" string removed : "EL34/6CA7"

"Amp 1" / "TubeType" string added : "EL34"

"Amp 1" / "TubeType" string added : "6CA7"

Back
Top Bottom