FM3 First gig with the FM3 and FC-6

We talked awhile back about running the FM3 at the backline. My Axe-FxIII presets are running about 47% CPU. Is there anything you missed about the Axe-FxIII besides CPU? Did it function and switch between all your scenes and presets as good? I have a FM3 coming monday and I'm tired of dragging the Axe-FxIII 14 space rack around! I wonder what 47% Axe-FxIII CPU equals on the FM3? Your sound and playing are great as usual in this video by the way.

We talked awhile back about running the FM3 at the backline. My Axe-FxIII presets are running about 47% CPU. Is there anything you missed about the Axe-FxIII besides CPU? Did it function and switch between all your scenes and presets as good? I have a FM3 coming monday and I'm tired of dragging the Axe-FxIII 14 space rack around! I wonder what 47% Axe-FxIII CPU equals on the FM3? Your sound and playing are great as usual in this video by the way.
Thanks man!
Besides some CPU issues, the amp channel switching and a few other blocks channel switching isn't quite as fast as the Axe III. I'm using a scene controller to switch from clean to hi gain like I did with my AX8. But I believe the FM3 will get that faster channel switching like the Axe III did.

Check out the screen shots below.
My Axe III preset at about 50% cpu is around 70% on my FM3.
Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Thanks man!
Besides some CPU issues, the amp channel switching and a few other blocks channel switching isn't quite as fast as the Axe III. I'm using a scene controller to switch from clean to hi gain like I did with my AX8. But I believe the FM3 will get that faster channel switching like the Axe III did.

Check out the screen shots below.
My Axe III preset at about 50% cpu is around 70% on my FM3.
View attachment 69211

View attachment 69212
Very nice man, thanks for taking the time to show that to me. Appreciate the info!

Gotcha! Appreciate your feedback on the devices through the years as you're a power user and if you can gig it just about anyone else can!
Can definitely gig with it. I’ll mainly use the FC-6 with it but I added a 2 button switch so I could just use the FM3 without an FC.

One more question Mr Bishop, got the FM3 today and its not as loud as my Axe-FxIII with the volumes matched on the outputs. On my Axe-FxIII I'm at 51% and the FM3 needs to be on 71% to match it. Did you find this as well? Thanks man.

One more question Mr Bishop, got the FM3 today and its not as loud as my Axe-FxIII with the volumes matched on the outputs. On my Axe-FxIII I'm at 51% and the FM3 needs to be on 71% to match it. Did you find this as well? Thanks man.
I did.

"...Can definitely gig with it. I’ll mainly use the FC-6 with it but I added a 2 button switch so I could just use the FM3 without an FC..."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr.Bishop, you mean 2buton switch serve as scene 7 and scene 8?... If positive, pedal jacks are connected to
ex pedal and 2 button switch respectively, I assume ,correct?....awesome play and great sound!

"...Can definitely gig with it. I’ll mainly use the FC-6 with it but I added a 2 button switch so I could just use the FM3 without an FC..."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr.Bishop, you mean 2buton switch serve as scene 7 and scene 8?... If positive, pedal jacks are connected to
ex pedal and 2 button switch respectively, I assume ,correct?....awesome play and great sound!
I'm using the Mosky switch for access to Scenes 4 and 5.

Back
Top Bottom