Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.09

I just loaded up 12.09 again, I wasn't use to the new sound at first but I'm getting it now. Can someone try my preset? I usually don't use the PVH Block but I like it in this firmware. My custom IR mixes are Mesa and Kranks panned hard right and left. It's a heavy preset and just curious if its got too much highs or gain for most people. I like it so I suppose thats all that matters, thanks.

Attachments

• PVH BIG BLOCK 1 GIG.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 25
  • BIG FOUR-mix 2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 23
  • BIG 5 MIX SCOTT SNOW.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 24
You're making me doubt my own perception with this video, I thought I heard a much bigger difference on the high end when playing with the new firmware but in your comparison it's really subtle.
So was it placebo or is it youtube's compression masking details?
I thought the same. Just watched the video and was wondering why people were so blown away. I could hardly hear the difference. I’m just going to try it out myself to see what’s up.

I just loaded up 12.09 again, I wasn't use to the new sound at first but I'm getting it now. Can someone try my preset? I usually don't use the PVH Block but I like it in this firmware. My custom IR mixes are Mesa and Kranks panned hard right and left. It's a heavy preset and just curious if its got too much highs or gain for most people. I like it so I suppose thats all that matters, thanks.
Sounds good to me. Too much gain for my tastes but sounds fine. Turned off the Drive block and I was digging it.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. Though, I think I like the "Beef" scene more lol.

@FractalAudio thabks for the amazing work you are doing !
Wonder if you will consider adding the CE1 to the chorus block or the foxx phaser?
By the way I am really loving how the AC30TB sounds in this FW not sure if there’s any change from previous but made me change my favorite ac mode from Morgan to this one!!

@FractalAudio thabks for the amazing work you are doing !
Wonder if you will consider adding the CE1 to the chorus block or the foxx phaser?
By the way I am really loving how the AC30TB sounds in this FW not sure if there’s any change from previous but made me change my favorite ac mode from Morgan to this one!!

There's been some work emulating CE1 sounds if you search around the forum. It's a popular request in the wishlist but I'm happy enough with what I found on the forums.

I'm attaching what I have but I think I got it based off of something Leon Todd made? Sorry if the credit is inaccurate.

Attachments

• Boss CE-1_20200417_213538.blk
    422 bytes · Views: 10

found it too bass heavy with my 7 string JPX but good with a JPX 6. Not too harsh at all! Maybe a bit scooped for my taste but the IRs sound nice and open!

The new firmware sounds great....but I am now getting a whirring electronic low level fuzz on all of my patches...when you play a note it gets louder...I have tried a couple of reboots and the new studio FF comp. 2 makes it much worse but it is doing it right from the input block with a constant noise at around -20 DB showing on the input block's meter.

Anybody else getting this ...?
Bad cable or connector. Classic signs of a failing shield.

Do the new factory presets have the same names and storage locations as the previous factory presets? where are the differences?

Do the new factory presets have the same names and storage locations as the previous factory presets? where are the differences?
They are set up pretty much the same. Same names were cleaned up, Matt's Bladerunner preset replaced A Major Harmony 2 preset (#154), some presets look the same with some amps changed out from what I can see. Definitely sound better with Cliff's fw updates!!!

Ya'know...I've been doing this for a good while. Started with the Ultra...moved up through four variations of Axe FX. Early on, I spent all lot of time working to tame the lows and highs. rolling off the lows... trying to tame any harshness in the highs.

This is all through FRFR speakers, so you have to control the highs.

Long story short from an old-timer who has dealt with most of the changes the Axe FX has gone through, I find now I nearly don't have to deal with the lows and highs at all anymore. This afternoon, I spent four hours playing presets and removing most roll-offs for the highs and lows because it just does not need it any more. Lows are tight (if you pick the right cab to go with the amp) and the highs are beautiful.

I am continually amazed at the improvements in the Axe III.

Carry on,my good man Mr. Chase.

Back
Top Bottom