Is Kiesel worth the wait?

bonewax21

Hey guys I've been keeping my eye on kiesel for a long time but I haven't ordered from them because the build time is crazy something like 12 weeks and with Corona virus now I fear it's even longer am I better off going with a name brand likePRS or strandberg or just waiting for their customs

Waited 4 months for my custom Anderson... it was rough not gonna lie. But getting exactly what you wanted kind of made up for it.

Hey guys I've been keeping my eye on kiesel for a long time but I haven't ordered from them because the build time is crazy something like 12 weeks and with Corona virus now I fear it's even longer am I better off going with a name brand likePRS or strandberg or just waiting for their customs
Yes! I have two and love them ('17 Bolt and '19 Solo both ordered from Kiesel).

I got a few kiesels. They are amazing. I have a prs standard 24 s2 and it's amazing too. It comes down to specs and what you are after. What specific model are you looking at?

I bought a Vader 7 during the Black Friday sale and it was well worth the wait! I got mine in 8 weeks.

Waiting for my second AJ7. I have always been a true IBANEZ guy and still have a few. I was looking at other companies other than Kiesel but they mostly started at $3,000.00 plus. For myself well worth the wait for just over $2,000.00 with case and shipping.
I need to change my picture. Never really connected with the JP Majesty.

There are several reports of poor QC and unusually bad customer service from Kiesel. There are also tons of Kiesel fans who are very happy with their (multiple) builds and won't buy anything else. It seems to be the luck of the draw whether or not your experience will be good. If you do order one I suggest that you don't go for any options that makes your build non-returnable.

I have one from when they were branded Carvin, specifically a CT624, only complaint I have is about the Wilkinson tremolo which they no longer use.

Honestly, 12 weeks is not a long wait for a custom guitar build.
I was going to say exactly the same. If you're after something special, or prefer the Kiesel for whatever reason, do not let the waiting time let you down, it's quite reasonable.

(...apparently you are not in the FM3 waiting list :sweatsmile: - Just kidding).

Very happy with my ZM7 which was my first Kiesel and part of the Zeus run from last year. Woods I wanted, color was spot on and quality was at least on par with my PRSs. I don't think the 10-12 week wait was that bad. You ought to try ordering a PRS to the specs you want, I did that through Sweetwater and it was still >6 months

12 weeks is nothing in the realm of custom guitars. Even if delayed, it will still be a considerably shorter wait than the vast majority of other custom shops.

I've had 3 Carvins. All very good quality guitars. I found their pickups to be very middle of the road. Weren't bad, but weren't great. Resale is terrible on the brand, though.

12 Weeks is nothing... I waited almost 15 months for my Dean Explorer custom...it was well worth the wait too!

Back
Top Bottom