Fractal Audio Artist Preset Series - Devin Townsend

There is some very creative stuff here. There's a scene that breathes just a touch of synth into the guitar tone to fatten it up. And a cool way to slide in a wah unobtrusively.

Last edited:
Awesome, thank you! I recall Devin mentioning somewhere that he was working on a preset pack. Didn't think it would form part of this series.

Kinda seems like these are new presets created by Devin for this specific release. I don't think these are any existing song or live presets that he's used in the past.

Damn, I’m even more anxious for this work day to be over now. I was so tired yesterday I got home and vegetated on the couch all night, I didn’t even see this thread.

Also, I‘m pretty sure that’s Dev’s home studio. I rarely get envious these days, but damn, if I could retreat to a room like that instead of my 10x10 spare room that’s already filled up with guitars and gear. Hell, even just having a couch to lay down on while listening and thinking would be a major improvement, never mind all the acoustic treatment.

Kinda seems like these are new presets created by Devin for this specific release. I don't think these are any existing song or live presets that he's used in the past.

I know he was using the FM3 for his Quarantine shows, it’d make sense if he just gave out that preset instead of spending hours writing a new one just for this release. He’s been on a writing binge the last several weeks and tends to bunker down and not let anything else distract him during those periods. I hit him up on Twitter to ask, we shall see if he responds.

Back
Top Bottom