Synth Preset Problem

evh_slash

I have the Fremen synth chordal pad / drone presets (for soloing over). Sometimes when I power up the unit on and the synth preset automatically loads up I get a sudden loud screechy tearing oscillating glitchy noise coming through my speakers & the output meters spike up & flash red
(regardless of the output level dial setting). Turning the output level dials to 0 doesn't prevent this noise once it has started. I have to switch the unit off and on to stop it, or I have to keep my monitors off at power up to avoid being caught out by the sudden noise which settles down once the Leds settle down.

It's only happened a few times but im scared it may damage my monitors or the Ax Fx. Any ideas on what is happening or advice to stop this? None of the standard presets or general amp presets do this at power up, just the ones with the synth automatically engaging the drone.

Just to clarify, switching to the synth preset while navigating the menu doesn't cause this. Only when the machine boots and powers up to the preset.

Last edited:
I use a volume modifier to control the drone volume on those presets..... might help but haven’t experienced this.

I have the Fremen synth chordal pad / drone presets (for soloing over). Sometimes when I power up the unit on and the synth preset automatically loads up I get a sudden loud screechy tearing oscillating glitchy noise coming through my speakers & the output meters spike up & flash red
(regardless of the output level dial setting). Turning the output level dials to 0 doesn't prevent this noise once it has started. I have to switch the unit off and on to stop it, or I have to keep my monitors off at power up to avoid being caught out by the sudden noise which settles down once the Leds settle down.

It's only happened a few times but im scared it may damage my monitors or the Ax Fx. Any ideas on what is happening or advice to stop this? None of the standard presets or general amp presets do this at power up, just the ones with the synth automatically engaging the drone.

Just to clarify, switching to the synth preset while navigating the menu doesn't cause this. Only when the machine boots and powers up to the preset.

DITTO!!! Happens occasionally, but enough that it scares the living sh!t out of me when it happens, as it did again just a few minutes ago. I just now realized (after seeing your post) that the issue may be related to the Fremen Synth Chordal Pad/Drone presets... any resolution? uninstall and re-install the Fremen presets, remove altogether? Literally, thought it was going to blow my speakers!! @fremen

Last edited:
Have you tried contacting him directly? Or at least tag him so that he will see this. @fremen
Added @fremen to the last post.... unfortunately, it did it again today and will be for the last time, selected Em Drone and nearly blew my eardrums and speakers out. Currently running v12.7, but it had this issue before this...many revisions back. Just never realized it until I read @evh_slash post where he isolated to the Fremen Drone presets. All of the presets of been removed in the meantime.... now, back to my tinnitus!!

Is this an Axe3 preset or was it converted somehow from the Axe2 etc?

I had the same experience last week for the first time, I am using FW 12.08 B3 and Fremen synth patches for FW 12.05.
It has only happened once so far..

Back
Top Bottom