Axe-Fx III and Headphones

I received my Lola's yesterday. I played them for about an hour last night and they sound better than the Sennheiser HD280s I was using. For $59, I'll keep them. I did read some reviews that the pleather starts to wear and flake off in 1.5-2 years.

There has to be something off. Maybe you need to do a backup and try a factory reset? I have the exact same headphones and I use them with the volume at about 25%. I could never even turn up halfway because that would be way too loud.
i ve reached my friend who has this DT880 , he s doing the same way as i did , output 1 at the max .... so not a troubel with my Axe and it does not appears to be the headphone which appears to be totally good and normal.......really strange
Anyone else who uses the Beyer DT880 250 ohms could give his opinion ...????

i ve reached my friend who has this DT880 , he s doing the same way as i did , output 1 at the max .... so not a troubel with my Axe and it does not appears to be the headphone which appears to be totally good and normal.......really strange

do you ever listen to music on them? Do you have a Mac or iPad at all?

Yes i have à Mac book pro ... and iPad

If you plug the DT880 into the iPad, how loud would you turn it up to listen? I'm about halfway on mine, sometimes a bit higher for quiet songs and a bit lower for lower volumes.

If someone use HHD 660 s from Sennheiser. What do yo think about? I can not decide between dt 880 and HD 660s...

If you're looking at Sennheisers, you should check out the Drop.com HD6xx, which are the same as HD650's but $220 rather than $400-500. It's such a good deal that it's almost a required headphone for headphone nerds. Sonically there shouldn't be a huge difference between that and the HD660.

Anyways, my main headphones are DT880's and HD6xx's (aka HD650's). I like them both and they are complimentary. They are both fairly neutral but the 880's are a little brighter and the 6xx's are a little warmer. I go back and forth between them.

If you plug the DT880 into the iPad, how loud would you turn it up to listen? I'm about halfway on mine, sometimes a bit higher for quiet songs and a bit lower for lower volumes.

If you're looking at Sennheisers, you should check out the Drop.com HD6xx, which are the same as HD650's but $220 rather than $400-500. It's such a good deal that it's almost a required headphone for headphone nerds. Sonically there shouldn't be a huge difference between that and the HD660.

Anyways, my main headphones are DT880's and HD6xx's (aka HD650's). I like them both and they are complimentary. They are both fairly neutral but the 880's are a little brighter and the 6xx's are a little warmer. I go back and forth between them.

Thanks👍

Will rea

.... will reach back the Beyer and try on my mac or iPad
But what type of Music do you listen to ??

........ Just try today the Beyer on my Mac , same as the Axe , full volume without being too much , this model here in Europe , in France is a bit quiet ......

........ Just try today the Beyer on my Mac , same as the Axe , full volume without being too much , this model here in Europe , in France is a bit quiet ......

Interesting. So either you really like your music way louder than me or maybe your headphones are bad?

do you have any other headphones?

Interesting. So either you really like your music way louder than me or maybe your headphones are bad?

do you have any other headphones?
I ve looked at The specs, the Beyer is 96db
I m à U2 fan , not métal
Need to push VLc and the volume of the Mac
I ve never tried this headphones on it ...

If someone use HHD 660 s from Sennheiser. What do yo think about? I can not decide between dt 880 and HD 660s...
I just bought a pair of HD660s, after finding that the 600 model was discontinued. I haven‘t spent more than a couple of hours with them, but liked what I heard so far. I plan to spend several hours with them, playing and dialing in tones, tomorrow and Wednesday. I’ll report back.

I just bought a pair of HD660s, after finding that the 600 model was discontinued. I haven‘t spent more than a couple of hours with them, but liked what I heard so far. I plan to spend several hours with them, playing and dialing in tones, tomorrow and Wednesday. I’ll report back.

Thank you.🤘

Glad this has come up again. Haven’t had much chance to play guitar recently and, when I do, it’s been late at night so have been using headphones more.
I have some DT880 pros (250ohm) and gave up with them last year. Anything above edge of breakup levels of gain sounded really bad. Very thin and buzzy. Music and cleaner tones through the axe fx, or anything,sounds great, nice and clear.
I’ve revisited them recently and I’m finding the same thing. I’ve tried everything I can think of in terms of settings and dialling it out, but no joy. I initially thought they were faulty, but then everything would sound garbage. The axe fx still sounds increadible through my A7x monitors. I can’t make them sound bad, even if I try.

I’m sure I asked before, but is there some simple tips and tricks to setting and using higher gain tones through headphones?

There's nothing in the headphone routing that would give you a different mix from what's sent to Out1. There's something going on external to the Axe-Fx. What effects are you hearing more strongly?
It’s probably a short in the headphone TRS cable. My wife’s headphones would do that from time to time when we used to record; it was as if all of the center information was muted, all you’d hear is the stereo-only audio (extreme left and right).

Glad this has come up again. Haven’t had much chance to play guitar recently and, when I do, it’s been late at night so have been using headphones more.
I have some DT880 pros (250ohm) and gave up with them last year. Anything above edge of breakup levels of gain sounded really bad. Very thin and buzzy. Music and cleaner tones through the axe fx, or anything,sounds great, nice and clear.
I’ve revisited them recently and I’m finding the same thing. I’ve tried everything I can think of in terms of settings and dialling it out, but no joy. I initially thought they were faulty, but then everything would sound garbage. The axe fx still sounds increadible through my A7x monitors. I can’t make them sound bad, even if I try.

I’m sure I asked before, but is there some simple tips and tricks to setting and using higher gain tones through headphones?
Maybe thé trouble is coming .... from thé headphones ... and thé Axe and presets ...
The Dt 880 250 ohm are too quiet ... and lack of power ... that s why i m searching for a great , good headphones... really difficult without the possibility of testîng
Thé problèm is not the but choosing thé perfect headphones ...
Any advises ..???

Hi ... really interresting comment , i had à chance to tried the Byer DT880 in 250ohm , a friend let it to me for a few days , i had good feels with it ,really good sounding , lots of Pleasur using them but i had to raise output 1 at his maximum with i would say ... normal level presets like factory presets , that s why i m still searching for great and good headphones ... maybe Blue saddie or else ...
Still hoping for advises .....
figure
There has to be something off. Maybe you need to do a backup and try a factory reset? I have the exact same headphones and I use them with the volume at about 25%. I could never even turn up halfway because that would be way too loud.
Maybe thé trouble is coming .... from thé headphones ... and thé Axe and presets ...
The Dt 880 250 ohm are too quiet ... and lack of power ... that s why i m searching for a great , good headphones... really difficult without the possibility of testîng
Thé problèm is not the but choosing thé perfect headphones ...
Any advises ..???

Funnily enough, I’ve just had another fiddle and I’m finding the same as you. I have to turn the output dial way up to get any volume. Not maximum, but beyond half.

interestingly, I was messing in the global settings and found that when I turned the power amp modelling off, the volume jumped WAY up and it actually sounded better!?!?!?
Nothing like a JCM800 should sound, but better and much clearer and defined.There’s something going on somewhere, just can’t figure out what it is.

Funnily enough, I’ve just had another fiddle and I’m finding the same as you. I have to turn the output dial way up to get any volume. Not maximum, but beyond half.

interestingly, I was messing in the global settings and found that when I turned the power amp modelling off, the volume jumped WAY up and it actually sounded better!?!?!?
Nothing like a JCM800 should sound, but better and much clearer and defined.There’s something going on somewhere, just can’t figure out what it is.
But with power amp modeling off , the presets should sound quite different then they should ..... no ????

Back
Top Bottom