Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta 4

i've noticed something strange into the pitch/crystal echoes block:
the splice time are fixed on (53ms). i can't change it
the splice tempo doesn't change it
do you have this too by your side?

Last edited:
I dug deeper on the pitch block today and, even though it now tracks incredibly well on complex chords, I have the impression that it worked better on beta3 for single notes, bendings and simple chords, IIRC it was less warbly.

Anyone with me?

Maybe it's one of those things where fixing one thing breaks another and a compromise needs to be made.
I wonder if it'd be possible to add an option to choose between the two algos eventually.

Last edited:
I dug deeper on the pitch block today and, even though it now tracks incredibly well on complex chords, I have the impression that it worked better on beta3 for single notes, bendings and simple chords, IIRC it was less warbly.

Anyone with me?

Maybe it's one of those things where fixing one thing breaks another and a compromise needs to be made.
I wonder if it'd be possible to add an option to choose between the two algos.
Yeah same experience here. It seems easy to trick it into 'warble' between different notes on single notes.

I had an hour break between some lessons today that i had planned to use to eat lunch, but I fired this up instead and started having a blast. The pitch block is ridiculous now!

I'm looking forward to the faux ricochet dives quite a bit.

I upgraded to this release and lost by USB audio. I can still talk to the Axe with MidiBot and Axe Edit but cannot play audio (iTunes) trhough the monitors anymore. I downgraded back to 12.07 and everything is fine. Am I missing something?

This sounds like the core audio issue after an axe edit restart. Restarting the computer or pulling the usb cord and plugging it back in should resolve it. Is this the case? If so, there’s a thread about this (no link handy).

This sounds like the core audio issue after an axe edit restart. Restarting the computer or pulling the usb cord and plugging it back in should resolve it. Is this the case? If so, there’s a thread about this (no link handy).
Thanks, I found the link: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...sable-core-audio-mac-more-below.156742/page-3

It's fine on 12.07, problem started after update to 12.0.4b4. As soon as I downgraded it worked again. I didn't have to unplug the USB or reboot. Just worked.

Updated to 12:08 Beta 4, and now my AXE FX III is rebooting and refreshing at a snail's pace... AXE Edit will not update changes so I "Refreshed after FW update" in settings and it has been reading block and cabinet names for over a half an hour now. After re-downloading and installing the firmware the AXE FX III's user interface screen slowly fills in one line at a time. Did an emergency utility test on the DDR and it passed. AXE FX III and AXE Edit have both slowed to an almost stand still... Does anyone know what the issue may be?
Your preset is using too much CPU and the Idle Thread is starved for resources.

Your preset is using too much CPU and the Idle Thread is starved for resources.
Does that mean cpu usage is higher in beta 4 in some cases?
Are some particular block types affected more than others?
Not a criticism, just clarifying why the upgrade made a difference.

Anyone with me?

I wonder if it'd be possible to add an option to choose between the two algos eventually.

Not experiencing this here.

Not experiencing this here.
I was just reading another thread about a similar issue and cliff said that could happen if the intonation of the guitar isn't perfect, since the temperature has increased quite a bit in the last few days here and my strings are getting older it might be it.
I'll retry after doing a fresh setup to my guitar

EDIT: or I could make a comparison with the previous beta by reamping (or should I say repitching?) the same DI track

I was just reading another thread about a similar issue and cliff said that could happen if the intonation of the guitar isn't perfect, since the temperature has increased quite a bit in the last few days here and my strings are getting older it might be it.

EDIT: or I could make a comparison with the previous beta by reamping (or should I say repitching?) the same DI track
I went back to Beta 3 and got the same results - just as a FYI which really reinforced that I should take a look at my guitars - and in doing so, I definitely need to set them up.

I think intonation could have a lot to do with it. The virtual capo will tell you in real hurry if your even a tad out of tune. If I hear some warble and then touch up my tuning the warble is much better, but like you, I think I need to do some intonation work. We’ve had a pretty dramatic temp change in the last week or so as well.

Back
Top Bottom