Opinions Gibson 2011 Mditown Custom?

Stratman68

Axe-Master
So, I asked about the ES-137 and got great reviews. So I am also looking at a Mint condition Gibson 2011 Midtown custom with burstbuckers.
Now trying to decide between the 2?
Anyone have opinions on this one?
Thanks as Always

So, I asked about the ES-137 and got great reviews. So I am also looking at a Mint condition Gibson 2011 Midtown custom with burstbuckers.
Now trying to decide between the 2?
Anyone have opinions on this one?
Thanks as Always
My brother had a natural Midtown Custom and it was fantastic! Great neck, comfortable body, and sounded amazing with humbuckers and P-90s. That guitar is actually on my wish list. I can’t speak for all Midtowns, but that one was exceptional.

My brother had a natural Midtown Custom and it was fantastic! Great neck, comfortable body, and sounded amazing with humbuckers and P-90s. That guitar is actually on my wish list. I can’t speak for all Midtowns, but that one was exceptional.
Thanks very much-Appreciate your input. I really wish I could play one, but that won't happen unless I buy one. I have read many times that some of the standards had some issues but for the most part the customs were fantastic. Also gets you 2 burstbuckers.

Never played a Midtown. But, as you can tell from my avatar, I have a 2017 335 from the Memphis Gibson shop (last year before they closed) that I totally love. It's comparable to a '63 335, and is very close to ones I played as a kid (I'm a child of the 60's). It's a bigger guitar, but I'm a big guy. This is one of my favorites!

Never played a Midtown. But, as you can tell from my avatar, I have a 2017 335 from the Memphis Gibson shop (last year before they closed) that I totally love. It's comparable to a '63 335, and is very close to ones I played as a kid (I'm a child of the 60's). It's a bigger guitar, but I'm a big guy. This is one of my favorites!
Thanks- I am average height, not a big guy. Had a 335 back in the 90's. Felt big to me, but I loved the guitar. The midtown and the Es-339's are smaller as you know. But the es-339 prices are insane, imho. The midtown Customs are in the $1,695 to $1,950 range. Better for me. Thanks for the input. I still have do not have anything but Strats...my first love. But I am wanting the midtown custom or the es-137............

If you cant try them first, buy based on specs (assuming you know what you like). If you cant decide by spec, buy the one that keeps popping into your head.

I had one. I didn’t like it and moved it on down the road pretty quickly. I just couldn’t get used to the flat top. It just felt wrong on a guitar that should have an arched top. Plus the top was three mismatched pieces. Not Gibson’s best work.

Back
Top Bottom