Fractal Audio Artist Preset Series - Pete Thorn

The 'Pete Surfer' preset is obviously Satriani inspired.....he even uses the JS410 Model. I changed his included wah into an auto wah & jammed on Surfin' & Summer Song 🤘

Yeah - but imagine my surprise when I loaded that one up ready to play some Surfaris and The Shadows.....I was like "whoa - where's the BOINGGGGG and drip???"

hahaha wrong surf. Pete don't surf.

So far I’ve only tried the Plexi preset, which sounds great.

I’m curious. The Plexi preset sounds so wide, like it has a stereo enhancer, but I don’t see an enhancer anywhere in the preset. How does it get that sound?

I've come across an issue that I"m surprised no one else has. I down loaded the presets and tried to upload them into my Axe III. Fractal bot said that several of the presets in the AxeIII folder were for the FM3 not the Axe III. I was also surprised that all the scenes were the same. Is the issue my use of fractal bot or??? I'm on the most current version of fractal bot.

I've come across an issue that I"m surprised no one else has. I down loaded the presets and tried to upload them into my Axe III. Fractal bot said that several of the presets in the AxeIII folder were for the FM3 not the Axe III. I was also surprised that all the scenes were the same. Is the issue my use of fractal bot or??? I'm on the most current version of fractal bot.
Only upload these to your Axe-Fx III:
Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 9.53.39 AM.png
The scenes are all the same by design. It's one sound per-preset here.

Has anyone tried to combine several presets into 1 and use scenes ?
Is the CPU powerful enough ?
Sorry I am not with my AF3 at the moment so cannot try

Sounds like you meant to, but didn't. Because no one else is reporting the issue.
I'll try downloading again. I was in the Axeiii folder and some of the presets would download and others said they were FM3...Did you use fractal bot or axe edit...I wonder if that's the issue??? I tried it several times to make sure I wasn't being a goof (been there, done that, have the t-shirt).

I'll try downloading again. I was in the Axeiii folder and some of the presets would download and others said they were FM3...Did you use fractal bot or axe edit...I wonder if that's the issue??? I tried it several times to make sure I wasn't being a goof (been there, done that, have the t-shirt).
I used preset manager in Axe-Edit. Dragged them in as a bunch. I also just tried dragging each preset, one at a time, into the unit by dropping them on the title area of Axe-Edit and: no warnings.

Would be nice to get some presets like these on a regular basis.... I’m sure all of us would love to get some good free high quality Presets... makes the axe fx that much more fun to mess with.... Inspiring also!!

I thought presets for the fm3 and axe fx 3 was universal because of the same software?
They're interchangeable, to a certain extent, but differences in CPU, grid size, and available blocks mean that they can't be entirely universal.

Back
Top Bottom